Wavfloroid Puppet (3.5e Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Selected carefully by the Wavfloroid infection, Wavfloroid Puppets are chosen for their genetic predispositions towards drama and half-baked philosophies. In one world where the Wavfloroid infection is ubiquitous, Wavfloroid Puppets have separated into two groups: a group that rages at everything it dislikes, enforces strict discipline, brings peace to the universe in a dictatorial fashion, and supports individuality; and a group that strives for calm in all situations, compromise whenever possible, and professionally premeditated murder.
Making a Wavfloroid Puppet
Wavfloroid Puppets range from gish to full caster.
Abilities: Wavfloroid Puppets use Charisma for their psychic powers, and can benefit from the physical triumvirate when fighting with weapons.
Starting Gold: 3d4×10 gp (75 gp).
Starting Age: Simple.
Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Wavfloroid Puppet.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Wavfloroid Puppets are proficient with simple and martial weapons, and light and medium armor.
Techniques: At the listed levels, the Wavfloroid Puppet learns a new technique. Upon learning a technique, the Wavfloroid Puppet chooses one method of that technique to be usable once every 5 minutes, and one method to be usable once per hour.
At the listed levels, the Wavfloroid Puppet becomes capable of using the methods of a technique more often, improving the frequency at which each method can be done by one step (never -> once/hour -> once/5 minutes -> at-will).
The saving throw DCs for any saving throws granted by the Wavfloroid Puppet's methods are equal to 10 + half character level + Charisma modifier.
The Techniques are as follows:
- High Jump (Ps): Triple your jump height and length for a jump.
- Slow Fall (Ps): Take no damage from a fall.
- Quickdodge (Ps): As an immediate action, you can make a jump check to move, but only one-fifth the normal distance.
- Target Lightning (Ps): As a full-round action, make a ranged touch attack against a target within 15'. If it hits, the target takes 1d8 points of Electricity damage per character level, and is paralyzed for 1 round unless they succeed on a Will save.
- Cone Lightning (Ps): As a full-round action, make each creature in a 30' cone make a Reflex save or take 1d6 points of Electricity damage per character level. They still take half damage on a successful save.
- Drain Lightning (Ps): As a full-round action, make a ranged touch attack against a target within 45'. If it hits, the target takes 1d6 points of Vile damage per character level, and you gain half that many temporary hit points.
- Recovery (Ps): As a 1-round action, you can heal yourself for 1 hit point per character level. You may instead bestow that healing as a touch attack, but no other creature can benefit from this healing more than once per day, and it only works on creatures infected with Wavfloroids. This is not positive energy.
- Tough It Forever (Ps): You can permanently reduce your Intelligence or Wisdom by 1 in order to restore your health to full, or counter a death effect.
- Life Creation (Ps): You can alter an unborn child, granting it templates with a total Level Adjustment less than or equal to one-third your character level.
- Emotion Reading (Ps): Get a competence bonus equal to 10 + twice your character level to a Sense Motive check against a creature infected with Wavfloroids. In addition, for the next minute, you detect the deaths of any creatures infected with Wavfloroids for the next minute, as well as the distance and direction to those deaths.
- Mind Trick (Ps): Get a competence bonus equal to 10 + twice your character level to a Bluff check against a creature infected with Wavfloroids.
- Choke (Ps): As a standard action, you can convince a target infected with Wavfloroids that they can't breathe, so they start to suffocate. At the end of each of their turns, they may attempt a Will save. If they succeed, they may begin breathing again at the beginning of their next turn. This ability has no maximum range, but they have to see you doing some motion reminiscent of choking in order to be affected.
- Push (Ps): Make a ranged touch attack against a creature or object within 100'. If it hits, that target is pushed backwards 1d12 × 5'. This can be used to remove objects from creatures' hands; in that case, roll against the creature's touch AC, using the object's size modifier, with the creature's Strength modifier as a penalty to your roll.
- Pull (Ps): Make a ranged touch attack against a creature or object within 100'. If it hits, that target is pulled towards you 1d12 × 5'. This can be used to remove objects from creatures' hands; in that case, roll against the creature's touch AC, using the object's size modifier, with the creature's Strength modifier as a penalty to your roll.
- Throw (Ps): You can throw an unattended object within 100' as though you were holding it, although line of effect and range are calculated from the object's position. You may use your Charisma bonus instead of your Strength bonus for this attack, if higher.
- Danger Sense (Ps): Reroll an initiative check or Reflex save and take the higher roll. If you reroll a Reflex save and succeed, you take no damage from the effect. You can't reroll any check or save more than once in this way.
- Speed (Ps): Take an extra move action this round, and take 1 point of damage per character level. You can't take more than one extra move action each round.
- Locational Awareness (Ps): Get a +4 enhancement bonus to Dexterity and Wisdom for 5 rounds.
Beam Sabre Use:
- Frequent Activation (Ex): Activate a Beam Sabre without using up one of its daily uses. It also gets a bonus to damage equal to your character level for this use.
- Deflect (Ex): When a ranged attack misses you, if you have a Beam Sabre equipped, you may make an attack roll with that attack against its firer. You get a -4 penalty to this attack.
- Retrieve Sabre (Ps): You can draw and activate a Beam Sabre as a free action, even if you aren't currently equipping it. If you aren't equipping it, it must be unattended, and you must have line of sight and effect to it. If you activate a Beam Sabre with this ability, it is not subject to spell resistance for this activation. You can use both Retrieve Sabre and Frequent Activation for the same activation.
|Allowed Alignments||Lawful Good +, Lawful Neutral +, Lawful Evil +, Neutral Good +, Neutral +, Neutral Evil +, Chaotic Good +, Chaotic Neutral + and Chaotic Evil +|
|Article Balance||High +|
|Base Attack Bonus Progression||Good +|
|Class Ability||Alternate Magic +|
|Class Ability Progression||Full +|
|Fortitude Save Progression||Poor +|
|Identifier||3.5e Class +|
|Minimum Level||1 +|
|Reflex Save Progression||Good +|
|Skill||Autohypnosis +, Balance +, Bluff +, Climb +, Concentration +, Craft +, Diplomacy +, Disable Device +, Escape Artist +, Handle Animal +, Heal +, Hide +, Intimidate +, Jump +, Knowledge +, Listen +, Move Silently +, Psicraft +, Profession +, Ride +, Search +, Sense Motive +, Sleight of Hand +, Spot +, Swim +, Tumble + and Use Psionic Device +|
|Skill Points||6 +|
|Summary||A character who has been blessed with the psychic powers of their Wavfloroid infection. +|
|Title||Wavfloroid Puppet +|
|Will Save Progression||Good +|