Aasimar-Gr7mm (5e Race)
|This is a Homebrew version. An official version is available in the publication Volo's Guide to Monsters|
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Destined for Greatness, for Good or Ill
|“||Oh don't look so excited to see me there elf, We'll solve this 'seed' problem ours and we'll be moving on with our lives in no time.||”|
|—-Karthus, apprentice wizard of Kord. Taken from before his skill caught up with his arrogance.|
Aasimar, derived from the Mulhorandi word aasimon, were human-based planetouched, native outsiders that had in their blood some good, otherworldly characteristics. They were often, but not always, descended from angels and other creatures of pure good alignment, but while predisposed to good alignments, aasimar were by no means always good.
Graceful, regal, and noble, aasimars are the distant descendants of a coupling between a human and a good-aligned outsider. While nowhere near as powerful as their celestial forebears, aasimars still retain a touch of the divine in their blood and wear it with pride. Devoted champions of good, aasimars spend their days fighting evil in whatever form it takes.
Aasimar bore the mark of their celestial touch through many different physical features that often varied from individual to individual. Most commonly, aasimar were very similar to humans, like tieflings and other planetouched. Nearly all aasimar were uncommonly beautiful and still, and they were often significantly taller than humans as well. While several aasimar were immediately identifiable as such, others were even less distinguishable than tieflings from their human ancestors, commonly standing out with only one unusual feature. Most aasimar had pupil-less pale white, gray, or golden eyes or silver hair, but those descended from planetars could also have emerald skin, while those descended from avoral celestials might have feathers mixed in with their hair. Those descended from ghaeles often had pearly opalescent eyes. Solar-descended aasimars often had brilliant topaz eyes instead or silvery or golden skin and devas with couatl or lillend lineage most commonly had small, iridescent scales. Many aasimar also had a light covering of feathers on their shoulders, where an angel's wings might sprout. As in tieflings, aasimar bloodlines could sometimes run dormant for generations, reemerging after being hidden for some time
Blood of the Gods
Most aasimar grew up cautious around others and, like tieflings, were sometimes misunderstood, though never to the hateful extent many of the fiendish bloodlines were. Even those raised by understanding parents could not escape their strangeness, or the curiosity (or even fear) that their unique nature sometimes provoked. Many aasimar even suffered prejudice, something that deeply hurt the soul of the aasimar in question since most had an inherent bent towards empathy for others.
Though many aasimar were good in nature, thanks in a large part to their celestial ancestors, not all were - just as not all tieflings or fey'ri were evil. Some aasimar fell into the trap of evil, corrupted perhaps by experience or the counsel and aid of an evil god. Shar and Sseth in particular took pleasure in corrupting aasimar and turning them from the ways of their celestial forebears, nursing grudges fueled by the prejudice of others. Most aasimar avoided this path, however, and a few even received direct counsel from their celestial ancestor or a creature in its service. These individuals were the aasimar most likely to manifest the stereotypical virtues of a celestial.
Aasimars are typically names in accordance with human traditions.
Male Names: Aritian, Beltin, Cernan, Cronwier, Eran, Ilamin, Maudril, Okrin, Parant, Tural, Wyran, Zaigan.
Female Names: Arken, Arsinoe, Davina, Drinma, Imesah, Masozi, Nijena, Niramour, Ondrea, Rhialla, Valtyra.
- Creature Type. Humanoid
- Ability Score Increase. Wisdom +2, Charisma +1
- Age. Adulthood at 60 years reaching just over 450 years old.
- Alignment. Aasimars are most often of good alignment, though this isn't necessarily universal, and aasimars that have turned their back on righteousness may fall into an unfathomable abyss of depravity. For the most part, however, aasimars favor deities of honor, valor, protection, healing, and refuge, or simple and prosaic faiths of home, community, and family. Some also follow the paths of art, music, and lore, finding truth and wisdom in beauty and learning.
- Size. Males are usually 5'4" to 6'6" weighing in between 120 and 190 lbs. Females are placed at 5'2" to 6'4" and weighing in between 100 and 170 lbs. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30ft feet.
- Darkvision: Aasimars outsider bloodline provides darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Celestial Resistance. Resistance to Cold Damage
- Angelic Legacy. Aasimars know the Guidance cantrip. Once they reach 3rd level, they can cast Guiding bolt as a second level spell. Once you reach 5th level you can also cast the Daylight spell once per day. Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for these spells.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Celestial and Common.
|Ability Mods||Wis +2 + and Cha +1 +|
|Author||Gr7mm Bobb +|
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Darkvision 60 +, Celestial Resistance +, Angelic Legacy + and Languages +|
|Identifier||5e Race +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Rated By||TK-Squared +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Here's our missing planetouched, tieflings can't have all the fun can they? +|