Aliko (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Alikos are descendant of demon-worshiping humans whose civilization was destroyed and were forced into the sea, thanks to powerful magic they were able to adapt to their new environment. Aliko are the cousin race of the lerulean, when both were on the surface world they were rival city states who often fought wars. The alikos used abyssal magic which eventually lead to their downfall. After accidentally releasing a cataclysm on their own city state, a small group of refugee managed to use magic to flee below the waves and build a new civilization there. However their rival city state, Lerulis would be sunk not long after and it people survived as well, both race waged war once again but very few in numbers the alikos fell and were conquered.
Akilos were formerly humans and as a result still act humans, they however have a tendency of having short temper and self control problems due to a fraction of demonic taint still present from their ancestors. Still akilos each have distinct personalities as varied as humans.
Alikos, unlike the lerulean changed quite a bit in appearance when they adopted underwater life. Alikos are still humanoid but they have glossy smooth skin whose color range from green to blue and usually of dark shades. Alikos have gills, small fins over their body and have palmed hands and feet among other minor adaptations. Alikos have unusually bright red or orange eyes, they have hairs which can be one any color and they have ribbed fins for ears.
Alikos are neutral to most aquatic and land-dwelling races, however they have a complex relationship with their cousin the leruleans. The leruleans rule over the akilos, some time with a iron grip other time benevolently. The akilos historically are second-class citizen of Lerulis, modern akilos are however granted almost the same rights as leruleans. Even in modern time the akilos are still discriminate against, altough on a much lower scale, still some alikos dislike the leruleans for their treatment.
Although many of their ancestors were evil, modern alikos are not predisposed to be evil. They do however tend slightly more on the chaotic side, which make them at odd with their adopted society and conquerors, the leruleans.
The alikos share the city of Lerulis with the leruleans. As the conquered people and a minority life is not easy, a few alikos leave the city and try to find a better life elsewhere but the ocean is a treacherous place and Lerulis is still their home, although the majority is not always welcoming. Modern alikos are having many restrictions they had in the past lifted are now better integrated and vastly prefer staying in the city instead of leaving.
The ancients alikos worshiped powerful demons for power, the group of refugee who escaped the cataclysm completely abandoned the demon worship, the few who still did were forced to stop once the leruleans conquered them. The average aliko tend not to worship anything in particular but still pay homage to Gods of the Ocean.
Much like leruleans the alikos lost their language when they migrated and adopted aquan.
Alikos tend to have short names, a tradition they inherited from their old days on the surface. The average name is usually 3 to 4 letters long with the longest averaging 7 letters.
- -2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: Alikos are both charismatic and intelligent but are very waifish in build.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Human): Alikos are descendant of ancient humans who adapted to underwater environment.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, an alikos has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Alikos base land speed is 30 feet. Swim speed of 30
- Darkvision: An alikos can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and an alikos can function just fine with no light at all.
- Alikos have a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. They can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. Alikos can use the run action while swimming, provided they swim in a straight line.
- Alikos gain a +2 bonus on bluff, intimidate and spellcraft checks.
- Amphibious (Ex): Alikos can breath both air and water.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds aliko for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- Occult Proficiency: Alikos have magic in the blood, they gain hidden sorcery as a bonus feat. If they have levels in binder they treat their effective binder level as 1 higher for the purpose of determining the level of vestige they can bind.
- Automatic Languages: Aquan, Common
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Binder or Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Binder + and Sorcerer +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Intelligence + and +2 Charisma +|
|Subtype||Aquatic, Human +|
|Summary||Alikos are descendant of demon-worshiping humans whose civilization was destroyed and were forced into the sea, thanks to powerful magic they were able to adapt to their new environment. +|