Axolite (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Axolites are humanoid-looking outsiders. They are artificial beings made by more powerful outsiders to perform various tasks. Axolites are extremely low-tier when it comes to outsiders.
An axolite is capable of feeling most of the human spectrum of emotion with some depth. However, their emotions are always somewhat muted and they are incapable of feeling the more complex emotions like loss or boredom. Their inability to get bored makes them perfect for menial tasks and servitude. Axolites have varied personalities but are limited by their extremely simple minds. They each have defining quirks and traits but rarely have some of the deeper personality traits like humans do.
Axolites typically look like young humans from the age of 14 to 20. They typically have pale skin and are of average height. Their appearance is often found as irrelevant to those who create them and many lack hair and have grey eyes, made simply to be simple-minded servants. Some creators make more unique looking axolites for one reason or another.
Axolites are typically servants of more powerful outsiders.
Axolites are overwhelmingly true neutral. Axolites can adopt another alignment as their personality develop but they have a natural tendency for neutrality.
Axolites have no land of their own.
Axolites are often too simple-minded to understand the concepts of Gods and philosophies. Those who do tend to worship the heads of pantheons.
Axolites speak Common and a single planar language, usually their creator's language.
Axolites have very simple names, sometimes even numbers, typically no longer than four letters.
- -4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Axolite are very simple-minded but perceptive. Axolites, while capable of some emotional depth just don't feel and think like most, making them poor at social interaction.
- Outsider (Native): Axolites are a collection of minor astral spirits and planar energy bound in a humanoid body.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, an axolite has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Axolite base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: An axolite can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and an axolite can function just fine with no light at all.
- Bound Spirit (Ex): Axolites are artificial beings and if slain are difficult to bring back, they cannot be raised, requiring stronger magic to bring them back to life. Luckily their nature makes their resurrection much smoother. Axolites do not lose levels or constitution when resurrected.
- Eternal Essence (Ex): Axolites do not age, nor do they need to breath, drink, eat or sleep although they are capable of doing so if they want.
- Patient (Ex): Axolite are incapable of becoming bored. They can repeat the same task or work on the same project for seemingly an endless period of time. This practice and devotion allows them to "take 15" instead when "taking 10" on skill checks.
- Simple-Minded (Ex): Axolites are extremely simple-minded. They have major issues understanding complex situations. If asked a question or given a task that cannot be worded with less than 10 words, they are incapable of answering it, often leading them to answer related to their original task or just saying their name. Luckily this also applies to [Compulsion] effects, making them hard to control.
- Single-Minded (Ex): Axolites are notably stubborn at doing whatever task they are supposed to do or want to do or are not sure they need to do. This made them extremely single-minded. Axolites start the game with Grimoire Endurance, Grimoire Diehard and Will Surge as a bonus feats even if they do not meet the prerequisites.
- Automatic Languages: Common and one planar language.
- Bonus Languages: Any non-secret
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|N/A years||N/A years||N/A years||+N/A years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-4 Intelligence +, +2 Wisdom + and -2 Charisma +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Axolites are humanoid-looking outsiders. They are artificial beings made by more powerful outsiders to perform various tasks. +|