Baleform Transmogrification (3.5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Components:||V, S, DF|
|Casting time:||1 standard action|
|Range:||Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)|
"With outstretched arms and a quick few words, the holy man pointed at the wizard. We watched while the wizard's limbs contorted; especially his legs. The gnarled old man could barely move, let alone cast a spell afterwards."
This spell warps the target with a partial, permanent transfiguration, distorting and disfiguring his features. The caster may choose one effect per 5 caster levels (targets must save against each effect). All effects must be chosen before saves are rolled against them. While the same baleform effects to not stack, an effect may be chosen multiple times as insurance against a target making his save.
- Disfigured Legs: The target's limbs used for locomotion (or body) are warped. His land speed is reduced by 30 feet (minimum of 5).
- Crippled Wings: The target's wings (or other limbs for flying) are stiffened and bent. His fly speed is reduced by 30 feet (minimum of 5) and his maneuverability declines two steps (minimum of Clumsy).
- Stunted Grip: The target's fingers (or other features for climbing) are stunted and weakened. His climb speed is reduced by 30 feet (minimum of 5) and may no longer take 10 on Climb checks or take a double-move action while climbing. In addition, any weapon not held in two hands suffers a -4 penalty to attack rolls.
- Hampered Surge: The target's webbing and fins (or other swimming adaptations) are reduced. His swim speed is reduced by 30 feet (minimum of 5) and may no longer take 10 on Swim checks when threatened or in hazardous situations or take a run action while swimming.
- Withered Muscle: The target's muscles wither away. His Strength takes a -6 penalty (though never reduced to below 3).
- Slackened Sinew: The target's tendons and sinews loosen, making fine movements difficult. His Dexterity takes a -6 penalty (though never reduced to below 3).
- Weathered Composition: The target's bones (or other core structure) shrink and become brittle. His Constitution takes a -6 penalty (though never reduced to below 3). A reduction in Constitution never reduces a creature's hp below 1 hp per HD.
- Flattened Feet: The target's legs (or other stabilizing features) become bloated, heavy and awkward. He can't assume martial stances and counts as flat-footed when threatened by targets in melee. Additionally, he can no longer take a double-move action or run.
- Constricted Growths: The target's body coats over with bulbous growths and sores. He gains 3 to his armor check penalty (even when not wearing armor) and is dealt 1 damage per round spent in light or heavier armor. Additionally, these growths prevent the fine movements necessary for arcane spells, bestowing +50% arcane spell failure chance.
- Suppressed Special Qualities: Target has 50% chance for each of his supernatural and spell-like/psi-like abilities to be nullified.
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Author||Ganteka Future +|
|Component||V +, S + and DF +|
|Identifier||3.5e Spell +|
|Level||Transmogrification 8 +|
|Summary||Disfigures the target in many possible ways. +|
|Title||Baleform Transmogrification +|