The DaJinni are a race of lesser genies hailing from the plane of dreams. Although they start much weaker than most genies, even the Janni, individual DaJinni have very varied abilities and personalities. They possess small inherent power which can grow to be quite mighty. Since they are born from the dreams of mortals, DaJinni usually resemble humans with various supernatural features. Some are less humanoid than others, an individual DaJinn may look like an extremely attractive oddly colored human while another might look like a cross between a fairy and goblin. They tend to be either playful or cruel, however their personality are as varied as the mortals that haplessly created them.
The DaJinni are capable of turning into strange impish form of themselves, much like most genies can alter themselves. However unlike their brethren they may stay stuck in this form. Since they are unable to use their natural magical abilities in this form, they find themselves very sorry.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: A DaJinn may be a lesser genies, but they are still superior to most mortals when it come to grace and wisdom.
- Outsider (Native, Dreamborn): The DaJinni are created in the plane of dream through the endless dreams of mortals. However they are considered both native to the material plane and the plane of dream.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a dajinni has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- DaJinni base land speed is 30 feet. Hover 10 ft. (Perfect)
- Low-Light Vision: A dajinni can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Racial Hit Dice: A DaJinni begins with two levels of Outsider, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: A DaJinni's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Appraise, Climb, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (the planes), Perform, Survival, Swim, and Tumble.
- Racial Feat: A DaJinni 's outsider levels give it one feat.
- Grant Wish: A DaJinni start the game with wishcasting as a bonus feat as well as the ability to cast as a 1st level Sorcerer. However they may only cast their sorcerers spells through the wishcasting feat. If they grant wish to themselves in this way their DC and caster level is reduced by 3 (minimum of 1). They may advance this spellcasting through actual Sorcerer level or Prestige class.
- Imp Form (Su): A DaJinni can assume the form of a small imp-like version of themselves. While in this form they become one size category smaller as per reduce person. In this reduced form they do not suffer from any status effect or curse they suffer in their true form, although the reverse is not true, any status effect afflicted on their imp form also apply to their true form . However they may only remain in Imp form for a maximum of 3 rounds per level each hour, exceeding this amount cause them to become stuck in this form until a remove curse or stronger effect is cast upon them.
- A DaJinni do not have access to their Grant Wish ability while in Imp form.
Table: Random Starting Ages
Table: Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
|| + years
Table: Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| ' "
|| × () lb.
|| ' "
|| × () lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races
Leziad's Homebrew (3447 Articles)