Domestic Tarrasque (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
When it comes to those delicate items your opponents are wielding, you're like a Tarrasque in a potion shop. While other disciplines focus on getting you places and killing people, the Domestic Tarrasque discipline helps you get over people and destroy objects. Invented a couple dozen years after the destruction of the Temple of Nine Swords by a rather inattentive Minotaur Warblade, Domestic Tarrasque has acquired quite a cult following by non-murderous warriors and raging madmen.
- 1 Game Mechanics of the Domestic Tarrasque
- 2 Maneuvers of the Domestic Tarrasque Discipline
Game Mechanics of the Domestic Tarrasque
Available To: Any
Discipline Weapons: Unarmed Strike, Gauntlet, Spiked Gauntlet, Heavy Shield, Heavy Spiked Shield, Warhammer, Greataxe, Greatclub, Primitive Machete, Spiked Hammer, Greathammer, Chainsaw, Tulwar - Masters of the Domestic Tarrasque discipline tend to use either big destructive weapons or their bare hands.
Saves: 10 + half Initiator level + Strength modifier
Maneuver Granting Item: Mayhem Blindfold
Special: When you use a Domestic Tarrasque maneuver to destroy a magic item, the broken pieces of that item can be used as the materials for creation of other magic items with a total value no greater than the value of the destroyed item.
Maneuvers of the Domestic Tarrasque Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Arson Step: Rush [Fire X-Discipline] — Move, lighting nearby objects on fire.
- Disdainful Shoulder: Stance — Nobody who misses you with an AoO can remain standing.
- Overenthusiastic Parry: Counter — You parry with great enthusiasm, destroying the offending weapon.
- Resounding Thwack: Strike — You knock a target back and destroy something they have.
- Casual Shove: Counter — You push someone out of the way.
- Magic in the Air: Stance — You get a bonuses to attack and damage based on the quantity of magic items you've destroyed recently.
- Rollout: Rush [Earth X-Discipline] — Roll down a mountain and become like a boulder.
- Shadowshatter: Stance [X-Discipline] — Ignore hardness and deal double damage to objects
- Fumbling Stomach Smash: Strike — Deal 2d6 extra damage and force a Reflex save to avoid dropping things.
- Stumbling and Bumbling: Stance — You act so clumsy that things break just by being near you.
- Whirling Smash: Strike — You break one item per opponent in range.
- Absorb Enchantment: Boost — Temporarily gain the benefits of a destroyed magic item.
- Beg for Pain: Strike — Provoke attacks of opportunity. Punish enemies that don't attack.
- Crockpot Disproof: Strike [X-Discipline] — You talk an object out of existence.
- Dramatic Entry: Rush — You leap through the wall.
- Billiards Bounce: Rush — You move some of the way and your target moves the rest.
- Broken Window: Strike [X-Discipline Mind-Affecting] — Destroy something with great force, and expect its owner to be happy about it.
- Cacaphonic Thump: Strike — You knock a target back and destroy two things they have.
- Crunching Metal Dent: Strike — You break the target's armor so that they can't move properly.
- Schrödinger's Vandalism: Strike [X-Discipline] — You both do and don't destroy an object.
- Boots Crushing Skulls: Stance — You walk on people's heads when they're lying down.
- Cut the Chatter: Strike [X-Discipline] — Silence one creature/level.
- Helmet Inconvenience: Strike — You beat the target's helmet over their eyes.
- Inconsiderate Arrival: Boost [Sonic] — Your next landing will be quite explosive, dealing 1d8 points of sonic damage per initiator level in an area.
- Soulquake: Strike [X-Discipline] — Animate all objects in the area, so they bounce around and destroy theirselves.
- Collateral Damage: Stance — Every attack against an enemy is now also an attack against something they have.
- Splintering Demolition: Strike — Smash an object so its pieces will do 1d10 damage per level in a 50' cone.
- Cannonball!: Rush — You leap through the battlefield, doing 1d6 damage per level to everything in your way.
- Destitution: Strike — With a single well-placed hit, you destroy all of your victim's possessions.
- Maximum Rampage: Rush — You rush forwards, heedless of anything in your path.
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||When it comes to those delicate items your … |
When it comes to those delicate items your opponents are wielding, you're like a Tarrasque in a potion shop. While other disciplines focus on getting you places and killing people, the Domestic Tarrasque discipline helps you get over people and destroy objects.s you get over people and destroy objects. +
|Title||Domestic Tarrasque +|
|Weapon||Unarmed Strike +, Gauntlet +, Spiked Gauntlet +, Heavy Shield +, Heavy Spiked Shield +, Warhammer +, Greataxe +, Greatclub +, Primitive Machete +, Spiked Hammer +, Greathammer +, Chainsaw + and Tulwar +|