Entromorph (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Entromorph are xenotheric creatures born from the entropic void outside the universe. Entromorph quickly moved into the known universe where they became apex predators. While entromorph have a grim reputation they are not all hostile, a few are even friendly and cooperative.
While they are well known for their hostility and aggressiveness, entromoprh are actually smart and curious creatures. The majority have a deeply ingrained sense of superiority over other creatures, while usually not attacking them on sight they are quick to resort to violence. However a few entromoprh are quite talkative and often find ways to shapechange into other creatures to better interact with them. Overall the entromorph have diverse personality are often loners.
Entromorph are massive, standing at around 9'0 and weighting around 4 tons. Their body is covered in black chitin-like skin, their mouth is very large and wide with a disturbing number of extremely sharp teeth. They two pairs of arm, on their main pair they have large sharp claws capable of slicing an humanoid in one strike while their secondary pair have precise digits to write and manipulate objects. An entromoprh face is very elongated and they have a single very large horn located under their face on their 'chin'.
Entromoprh typically entertain poor relations with other races, being large, scary and not known for their good move and friendly behavior. Most entromoprh use alternate forms when attempting to speak to other races.
The majority of entromoprh tend to be chaotic neutral or chaotic evil, but individual entromoprh can be of any alignment.
Entromoprh are solitary creatures from the depth of space. They do have lands to call their own.
Entromorphs are typically dismissive of religion and they do not possess any racial gods.
Entromoprh typically use their own telepathic language, entroa, but they are capable of vocalizing more standard language although with some difficulties.
Entromoprh typically choose their own name. Entromoprhs are genderless creatures and thus tend to shy away from gendered names.
- +6 Strength, +6 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Entromoprh are very strong, resilient and intelligent. As apex predators however they never really needed social skills all that much.
- Outsider (Xenotheric): Entromoprh are xenotheric outsider, born from the void outside the known universe. Unlike normal xenotheric outsider they do not need to eat or drink but need to sleep.
- Large: As a Large creature, an entromorph takes a -1 size penalty to Armor Class, a -1 size penalty on attack rolls, a +4 size bonus on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks, but it uses larger weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are twice of those of a Medium character. They have a space and reach of 10 feet.
- Entromorph base land speed is 40 feet. Entromorph have a climb speed of 40'.
- Darkvision: An entromorph can see in the dark up to 120 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and an entromorph can function just fine with no light at all.
- A Entromorph has a base natural armor of 5.
- Entromorph start with the astroadaptation feat as a bonus even if they do not meet the prerequisite and a a pair of void wings.
- Annihilating Strike (Su): A Entromorph's unarmed attack and natural weapons dealt typeless damage. If a creature is slain by the damage dealt by a entromorph's unarmed attack or natural weapon it is disintegrated as per disintegrate.
- Dispersion Field (Su): Whenever a entromorph is dealt damage by a melee attack they may as an immediate action deal an amount of typeless damage equal to half the damage received back to the attacker. If a creature is slain by the damage dealt by a entromorph's dispersion shield it is disintegrated as per disintegrate.
- Entropic Breath (Su): Entromorphs are capable of exhaling a cone of pure entropy, dealing 4d8 points of typeless damage plus and additional 1d8 per character level (up to a maximum of your ECL) to all creatures within a 30 foot cone, creatures taking damages from this ability are also staggered for 2 round. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and negate the staggered effect. Once used this ability require 1d4 round to recharge and require one bio-energy charge to fire. Entropic Breath count as both a bioweapon and a breath weapon. If a creature is slain by the damage dealt by a entromorph's entropic breath it is disintegrated as per disintegrate.
- Multiple Limbs: Entromoprh have an additional pair of arm, although they are much weaker than their main pair of arms. These secondary arms are used for precision task and are ill-suited for combat, only being capable of wielding eapon one size category smaller than the entromoprh, although with no penalties. When using only their secondary arms, an entromoprh suffer a -4 penalty to strength.
- Natural Weapons: 2 Claws (1d8), 1 Bite (1d10) 1 gore (1d10) and 1 tail (1d8)
- Automatic Languages:
- Bonus Languages:
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +4
- Effective Character Level: 5
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|N/A years||N/A years||N/A years||+N/A years|
|Effective Character Level||5 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||4 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+6 Strength +, +6 Constitution +, +4 Intelligence + and -2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Entromorph are xenotheric creatures born from the entropic void outside the universe. +|