Half-Boskorg (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Half-Boskorgs are a mixed race, spawn from the union of boskorgs and humans or half-elves, or, occasionally, from boskorgs and wood or wild elves.
They are very similar to boskorgs in their behaviour, as they most often live alongside boskorgs. They are not a lot, as bosky orcs don't mix with other races so much, but some communities of only half-boskorgs exist, where they reproduce with each other, not needing other races to birth offsprings.
As any half-orc, they are somewhat in between an orc and a human, but they sometimes look more similar to elves, altough brutish and savage-looking.
They wear a bit more clothing than boskorgs, but their skin is less changeable than theirs: they are usually light green during hot seasons and a bit more brownish in cold seasons.
They too have horns, usually only a pairs of small bumps and their ears are elongated (this feature is most prominent in half-boskorgs that have elven ancestry). They have slightly more sharp canines than humans.
Half-boskorgs are a bit less fertile during winter and autumn, but their grow rate raises during spring and summer.
They are quite similar to boskorgs, but their communities are usually more in contact with other races than those of only boskorgs. This is either because boskorgs made contact in the first place, and they came from that contact, or because they build villages near other settlements to trade and share help, as they are less reliant on their abilities only. This usually result in more technological advancement for these communities.
Similar to boskorgs, they are often chaotic, but they are a lot more flexible in their alignment, even on the good-evil axis.
Mostly the same as boskorgs, but sometimes their villages are nearer to other civilizations, and more half-boskorgs become adventurers, as they don't have the stigma of exclusion of those who willingly abandon the tribe. This punishment exists still for criminals, though.
As the boskorgs, even though half-boskorgs may worship the same gods of their non-orc parent, or adopt local deities, borrowed from nearby communities. In any case respect for nature and spirits is still very present in spiritually-inclined boskorgs.
As the boskorgs, they speak a dialect of Orc, but are also proficient with Common or Elven
They follow the same naming customs of boskorgs, but more often than not use common and elven words in their names.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Charisma: Half-Boskorgs are agile as much as boskorgs, but also more acute.
- Humanoid (Orc)
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a half-boskorg has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Half-Boskorg base land speed is 30 feet. They also have a climb speed of 15 feet (4,5 meters). This gives them a +8 bonus on Climb checks, as well as any other benefit from a climb speed.
- Low-Light Vision: A half-boskorg can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Axe Tradition: +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with one-handed axes. All boskorgs are proficient with the handaxe and the throwing axe. This is part of an ancient tradition that all tribes preserve, as axes are especially useful in their environment.
- Forest Life: They always have Climb as a class skill and they gain a +2 bonus to Balance checks. Boskorgs live in the trees from birth and this makes them very good at staying on branches and climbing.
- Pass Without Trace (Su): Once per day it can replicate the pass without trace spell as a supernatural ability, with caster level equal to its HD. Half-boskorgs trace their heritage to elven blood, even if faintly, which grants them some magical powers.
- Skin of the Tree (Ex): +2 to Hide checks in forests and they always count as if having concealment for the purpose of Hide checks in woods and when adjacent to plants of Small size at least. The skin color of boskorg makes them especially stealthy in wooded areas.
- +2 to Intimidate and Spot checks. They are brutish, but not as much as boskorgs, and so they focus on honing their senses to survive.
- Automatic Languages: Common or Elven, Orc
- Bonus Languages: Common, Elven, Gnoll, Goblin, Sylvan
- Favored Class: Ranger In The Dungeon or Scout
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|37 years||63 years||75 years||+90 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+1d8||140 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||+1d8||130 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
Simple Racial Traits
These are racial traits for use with the simplified races rules.
- Humanoid (Orc)
- Base land speed of 30 feet. Climb speed of 15 feet.
- Combat Ability - Dropdown Attack: When making a charge by dropping down onto the target or throwing a throwing weapon, deal +1d6 damage per 10 feet covered, up to 5d6. This is valid only for the first attack in the round.
- Passive Ability - Skin of the Forest: Gain a +2 bonus to Hide checks in forested areas and count as if always having cover for making Hide checks in woods.
- Utility Ability - Pass Without Trace: Once per day replicate the pass without trace spell as a supernatural ability, with caster level equal to your HD.
|the bluez in the dungeonv|
|Author||the bluez in the dungeon +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Ranger In The Dungeon + and Scout +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Dexterity + and -2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Half-Boskorgs are a mixed race, spawn from the union of boskorgs and humans or half-elves, or, occasionally, from boskorgs and wood or wild elves. +|