Lonely Dvati (5e Subrace)
| This page has been identified being unbalanced compared to similar content in this edition. DMs should be careful of including this material in their campaign. The following areas were specifically noted as needing improvement:
See discussion page
If you would like to help improve the indicated sections, please discuss the issues further on the talk page. If the reason behind placement of this template on the article is found to be inapplicable or wrong, or the issues prompting the call for additional work have been sufficiently addressed, the template will be removed. See Unbalanced for additional information.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
In a race of twins, where one sibling cannot live long after the other's death, there is none more alien and pitied than one who was born alone. Typically born to sickly mothers, Lonely Dvati are the result of what is known in our world as Vanishing Twin Syndrome, where one twin miscarries and is absorbed into the surviving twin and mother. Lonely Dvati are the rarest Dvati subrace, occurring roughly in only one out of every ten thousand births.
Those Dvati that survive birth are larger and bulkier, their bodies strengthened by their lost twin so that one mortal coil can contain their powerful soul. As a side effect, however, Lonely Dvati are not as alone on the inside as they appear to other members of their race - Indeed, their twin lives on, two minds exist within one body. Their features are also more exaggerated; Their heads are larger, and their eyes are also rather large. Other random features are typically accentuated, such as longer arms or legs, or they may have more body hair or curvier forms than others. Overall, they look misshapen and deformed, but also strong and tough. However, woe to those who mistake them for a dumb brute.
- Ability Score Increase. Strength +1, Constitution +1
- Age. Dvati are considered to reach maturity at about 30 years of age, and can expect to live up to 150 years.
- Alignment. Neutral. Outcasts from their race's society, Lonely Dvati tend to be less kindly, outgoing and helpful than those of their kind.
- Size. Lonely Dvati are much large than their kin, standing at around 7 to 8 feet tall and typically weighing between 250 and 325 pounds. Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision. Creatures of a twilight state between light and dark, Dvati can see where others cannot. You can see in dim light within 30 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Lonely Twin. Where most Dvati are a pair of twins, the Lonely Dvati is an individual. Thus, they lack the Identical Twin, Dual Action, Soul of One, Twin Magic, and No, I'm Tommy! traits of their base race. However, their twin minds give them an edge over their split-bodied kin.
- Dual Mind. When you make an Intelligence or Wisdom saving throw, you can use your reaction to gain advantage on the roll. You can use this trait immediately before or after you roll, but before any of the roll's effects occur.
- Mind Link. You can speak telepathically to any creature you can see within 60 feet of you. You don’t need to share a language with the creature for it to understand your telepathic messages, but the creature must be able to understand at least one language or be telepathic itself.
- As a bonus action when you’re speaking telepathically to a creature, you can give that creature the ability to speak telepathically to you until the start of your next turn. To use this ability, the creature must be within 60 feet of you and be able to see you.
- Divided Agony. Lonely Dvati have Resistance to Psychic damage.
- Powerful Build. You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
- Minor Psionics. You know the Mage Hand cantrip, and the hand is invisible when you cast the cantrip with this trait.
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Lonely Twin +, Dual Mind +, Mind Link +, Divided Agony +, Powerful Build + and Minor Psionics +|
|Identifier||5e Subrace +|
|Subrace Ability Mods||Str +1 + and Con +1 +|
|Subrace Features||Lonely Twin +, Dual Mind +, Mind Link +, Divided Agony +, Powerful Build + and Minor Psionics +|
|Summary||The rarest of the Dvati, Lonely Dvati are a form of conjoined twins, two minds occupying a single, stronger body. +|
|Title||Lonely Dvati +|