Marid (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Marids are the genies from the Elemental Plane of Water. A common marid is a creature of enormous power, and only their short attention span and inability to work in organized groups keeps them from dominating the entire plane.
- Medium Size, although most take the Large Size feat
- 20' base land speed.
- 60' base swim speed
- Outsider Type, Extraplanar and Water subtypes
- Outsider Traits: Darkvision 60' and Low-light vision, no need to eat or sleep
- +5 natural armor bonus to AC
- Two slam primary natural weapons (1d6 damage)
- Spell-like abilities: At will: Create Water and Purify Food and Drink (water only).
- Spell Resistance 10 + hit dice
- +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma:. Marids are nimble, and have incredibly capable minds to back the charisma all genies share.
- Minimum Level: 10
- Favored Classes: Genie and Jester
- Automatic Languages: Aquan and Common. Bonus languages: Abyssal, Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Elven, Giant, Ignan, Infernal, Terran, and Umbral
Most Marids are either classed Genies or start with eleven outsider hit dice. If they have the outsider hit dice, they still gain the telepathic and plane-shifting abilities of the Genie class. Instead of all of the other class features, their spell-like abilities improve to add detect evil, good, or magic (separate spells), invisibility, human form, polymorph self, and see invisibility at will, and control water, gaseous form, solid fog, and water breathing 5/day. They also gain Water Mastery, Drench, and Vortex as a Water Elemental. Also, their spell resistance improves to 15 + hit dice.
|Favored Class||Genie + and Jester +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+4 Dexterity +, +2 Intelligence + and +2 Charisma +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Marids are the genies from the Elemental Plane of Water. A common marid is a creature of enormous power, and only their short attention span and inability to work in organized groups keeps them from dominating the entire plane. +|