|This article is based on material by:|
Paladine, also known as the Platinum Dragon, the Valiant Warrior, and Draco Paladin, represents the godly force of majesty. is the leader god of good in the world of Krynn. He sponsors the soul's aspirations to rise to greater heights and to improve itself by following the example of others. He grants divine right to kings and rulers. Paladine represents the power of redemption and righteousness can have on the world. He exemplifies glory and victory. He was one of the first Gods summoned from the Beyond. He furthers the High God's plan among those who follow the ideals of compassion and peace and leads the other gods thorugh his example. He is the brother to Takhisis and to Gilean He chose the goddess Mishakal as his consort. He fathered three children: Kiri-Jolith, Habbakuk, and Solinari. He is advised by Majere and is the partner of Mishakal. Kiri-Jolith and Habbakuk are also close to him. He honors Solinari by taking the form of a white robed wizard during the War of the Lance. He respects the Gods of Neutrality with no special friends among them, and opposes all Gods of Evil. His celestial symbol is the constellation Platinum Dragon. Paladine responds to the demands of the Kingpriest, who arrogantly demands power from the Gods, by casting the fiery mountain upon the world, causing the Cataclysm. Paladine takes the form of the absent-minded wizard Fizban the Fabulous to aid the Heroes of the Lance. At the conclusion of the War of Souls Paladine chose to forsake his immortality so that the Dark Queen Takhisis could also be cast out of the Pantheon of the Gods. In his mortal form he chose the name Valthonis as an elf. He is also now known as "The Walking God".
Paladine was patron of the Knights of the Rose until the War of Souls and is patron deity to the gods of Good. He is also the highest deity of the elves, who refer to him as E'li.
- E'li (Silvanesti)
- Platinum Dragon
- Dragonlord (Mithas)
- Bah'Mut (Istar)
- the Great Dragon (Solamnia)
- Skyblade (Goodlund)
- Thak the Hammer (Thorbardin)
- Draco Paladin (Ergoth)
- Fizban (Goodlund/to the kender)
|PANTHEON OF DRAGONLANCE|
- Sean Everette, Chris Pierson, Cam Banks, Trampas Whiteman (2005). Holy Orders of the Stars. Sovereign Press. ISBN 1-931567-15-8.
- Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman (January 2001). Dragons of a Vanished Moon. Wizards of the Coast. ISBN 0-7869-2950-2.
- Tracy Hickman, Margaret Weis (1987). Dragonlance Adventures. TSR. ISBN 0-88038-452-2.
- Harold Johnson, John Terra, J. Robert King, Wolfgang Baur, Colin McComb, Jean Rabe, Norm Ritchie, Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Jeff Grubb, Doug Niles, Michael Williams (1992). Tales of the Lance. TSR. ISBN 1-56076-338-8.
- There is an article about Paladine at the Lexicon of Dragonlance Nexus.
- There is an article about Paladine at Wikipedia.
- There is an article about Paladine at the Planescape Encyclopedia.