Quad Sawed Off Shotgun (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Quad Sawed Off Shotgun
Exotic Two-Handed Projectile
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
This ridiculous weapon is essentially a Sawed Off Shotgun with four barrels rather than two. This allow it to fire twice before being reloaded, as two different trigger handle two different rows of barrels, although each barrel must be loaded separately. To both the exotic and martial user it uses the same rules as a Sawed Off Shotgun (except the changes detailed on this page) and count as one for all intent and purpose with the exception of proficiency.
It can be used as a martial weapon except that it cannot be used in one-hand and require a Str of 13 or higher or else be considered nonproficient with it.
If the wielder possess exotic weapon proficiency with the Quad Sawed Off Shotgun it can be used one-handed with a Strength of 13 or higher (with normal penalties as per Sawed Off Shotgun) and no longer has a Strength requirement to be used two-handed. Additionally a creature with exotic weapon proficiency will have access to the following Weapon Arts:
- Double Shot: As a standard action you may trigger both barrels at the same time, making two ranged attack against the same target at a -4 penalty each. Both attacks counts as a single attack when doing so is advantageous, such as when facing against damage reduction or hardness. If both attack hit, the primary target must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 +1/2 Bab + Dexterity Modifier) or become Staggered for 1 round. The Intense recoil from such a shot cause you to move 5 ft away from your target and make a DC 15 Balance check or fall prone. At Bab +6 the penalty is lowered by 2 and is eliminated at Bab +11, at Bab +16 it instead become a +2 bonus to hit.
- Heavy Barrel Slam: Because the barrels are so heavy they make a decent melee weapon, the Quad Sawed off Shotgun can be used in melee as a Military Heavy Mace. It still benefits from feat such as Weapon Focus in it original form. As a standard action you may make a melee attack with your Quad Sawed Off Shotgun, if you hit you may make a ranged attack as a free action with it without provoking an attack of opportunity from the target.
- Quad Reload: You may now reload both set of barrels with the same action.