Sahuagin (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Known to all others as sea devils, sahuagin have a reputation of being deadly raiders who strike at seaborne vessels and terrorize land settlements with destructive fury.
Rapacious brigands who are for the most part limited by the inability to survive indefinitely on land, the shark-like sahuagin are nearly universally reviled for their indiscriminate piracy of any vessel regardless of flag or cargo. The cruelty will give even the most hardened crew nightmares, as the shark-men take no prisoners and leave no survivors.
Sahuagin practice a form of species-wide eugenics in an attempt to produce the infamous four-armed mutants, who gain all sorts of inexplicable powers such as the ability to take the shape of an aquatic elf. Even with these attempts, there seems to be no pattern in the births of mutants, and only one out of every several hundred sahuagin even has the potential to gain the evolved form they all aspire to.
- +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence: Sahuagin value combat ability above all else, and scholarly pursuits mean absolutely nothing to their race.
- Monstrous Humanoid (Aquatic): Sahuagin have the aquatic subtype, meaning they never have to make Swim checks to move properly in water.
- Sahuagin base land speed is 30 feet: Sahuagin also have a swim speed of 40 feet.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): A sahuagin is treated as dazzled whenever it is inside an area of bright light.
- Natural Attacks (Ex): A sahuagin has a bite attack, which deals 1d6 points of damage, and two claw attacks that each deal 1d4 points of damage. The claws are considered the sahuagin’s primary natural weapon.
- Shark Empathy (Ex): A sahuagin can speak naturally with sharks (and only sharks) as if it was under the effect of a speak with animals spell. It can also use the Handle Animal skill to teach tricks to sharks.
- Water Dependency (Ex): Sahuagin can survive out of water for 1 hour per two points in its Constitution score, after which it begins to drown.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sahuagin.
- Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Elven, Kuo-toa, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Author||ThunderGod Cid +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength + and -2 Intelligence +|
|Summary||Known to all others as sea devils, sahuagin have a reputation of being deadly raiders who strike at seaborne vessels and terrorize land settlements with destructive fury. +|
|Type||Monstrous Humanoid +|