Skellington (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
"Skeletons? Us? This must be one of your mortal jokes?"
Skellingtons are Medium-sized humanoid skeletons that walk around, talk, insult living creatures and make the most out of being bones. They aren't able to be created like typical undead and often aren't even the result of someone's bones getting up and moving on their own accord. As negatively-powered animated bones, they do not age.
Manly skellingtons tend to have wider shoulders and narrower hips than lady skellingtons.
- Undead: They are bones animated by negative energy and lack a Constitution. They wear armor fitted by the humanoid cost.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a skellington has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Skellington base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A skellington can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a skellington can function just fine with no light at all.
- Skellington Traits: As undead, skellingtons are immune to poison, paralysis, stunning, disease and death effects. They are not subject to nonlethal damage, ability drain, energy drain and damage to its physical ability scores (though a skellington has no Constitution score). However, unlike most undead, they are still subject to critical hits and mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns and morale effects). While they cannot take nonlethal damage, they instead take half damage as lethal damage from damage sources. Skellingtons have skeleton souls and may be raised from the dead (as skellingtons) using either their body or the tooth of a powerful creature (any aberration, dragon, giant, magical beast or undead of at least 10 HD) as a substitute. Because they are undead and lack a Constitution, it would appear they never suffer for this. They otherwise have undead traits as listed there.
- Bone Strike (Ex): A skellington gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat.
- Cold Hindrance (Ex): A skeleton has cold hindrance 50%, reducing cold damage by half.
- Fall Apart (Ex): A skellington can, as a free action (even not on its turn, forgoing any saving throw), choose to fall apart when dealt damage from an attack, spell or ability, collapsing in a pile in its space and becoming prone. If it makes a check (1d20 + 1/2 his HD + his Dexterity modifier) against the damage dealt, he ignores all damage, otherwise he takes half damage. A skellington can put itself back together as a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity. A skellington cannot take physical actions (other than move actions) unless it is at least 50% complete. A skellington's separated parts have a move speed of 5 feet and attempt to move toward the largest chunk/occupied space (or skull, barring that) unerringly and mindlessly so long as some part of it is on the same plane.
- Nothin' But Bones: Skellingtons are mostly hollow and rather light-weight for their size. A skellington is treated as one size smaller for bull rush, grapple, overrun and trip attempts against them and for using the Hide skill. A skellington is also considered to be one size smaller when squeezing through restrictive spaces. These features stack with effects that change a skellington's size category. Additionally, a skellington is easier to raise from un-death. Only half of the gp value material component requirement for spells is needed for success.
- Skeleton Powers: A skellington gets a +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Jump and Perform (dance). These skills are always class skills.
- Spooky! (Su): A skellington that makes a successful Intimidate check against an unaware opponent (or during a surprise round) to demoralize doubles the applied penalty of shaken (granting a –4 penalty) for the 1 round. The skellington must be adjacent to his opponent to use this ability.
- Automatic Languages: Common
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages such as Druidic)
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
Height & Weight Statistics
|Bones||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Skellington||4'2"||+2d12||15 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Author||Ganteka Future +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||— Constitution + and None +|
|Rated By||Undead Knave + and Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Humanoid skeletons that do skeleton activities with their skeleton powers. +|