So... 5e has classes and subclasses, races and subraces. We have space for pages for classes and races already, but that can change. Sort of torn between sticking sub things on the relevant non-sub pages, or making a new page for the subs. But if the subs get their own pages, should they link from here or from the non-sub pages, or should both the sub and non-sub pages have an intermediate page that links to here (like base and prestige and npc classes have in 3.5e) and what would that page be called (or the non-sub pages if they get a new name instead)?
- Instead of being like base and prestige and npc, perhaps more like how General and non-General feats used to work, with two tables on the same page. I generally prefer pages to be Control+F friendly.
- And the subs probably need their own pages if people ever want to make subraces for existing races. --Foxwarrior (talk) 07:34, 17 September 2014 (UTC)
- Judging by how small is the subrace content, they could be part of the races description. Subclasses are another monster, since they can range from being small (Berserker Path for the Barbarian) to immense (the Wizard's Schools). The class description is likewise huge; thus, the most efficient way to handle subclasses is to give them their own pages, and to link each subclass to the class page. T.G. Oskar (talk) 08:18, 5 October 2014 (UTC)
- For actual articles, we need to have subraces and subclasses on their own pages. It's possible that someone will like a class or race that someone else (like say, WotC) wrote up, and it would be pretty bad form to just append their sub-thing on to the other article without permission. So that means separate article pages for those. Note that the primary author of a class or race can include any related sub-thing in their article, so we can still have subraces show under races and subclasses show under classes.
- Separate articles for these things means separate listings for them as well though. Subraces will list primary race that they modify, and subclasses will list primary class that they modify, so it shouldn't be too hard to find relevant things despite the separate lists. For now, I'm just going to keep the lists on the same pages as well, worry about splitting them out if they get too large. - Tarkisflux Talk 22:05, 5 October 2014 (UTC)
- Suggestion: I suggest that for articles that link to a SRD5 Class, that a subclass article be a full article with the author box (as it will not be transcluded into the SRD5 class article).
- For subcasses of Homebrew classes an abbreviated article (with onlyinclude/noinclude tags) is preferable (so they may be transcluded into the class article). --Rlyehable (talk) 16:32, 30 November 2016 (UTC)
- Absolutely. I've just been adding stuff as we've had need of it. Did you want to start adding one for it? I can have that up pretty shortly... - Tarkisflux Talk 01:24, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you. That is awesome. I have been wanting to update all my 3.5e campaign stuff to 5e and not have both editions on the 3.5e page. Thank you so much. - Bramithra (talk) 12:41, 7 April 2015 (UTC)
- I have been trying to work on a campaign setting called sword sharp but the process is toooooooooooooooooooooooooo long XX the memenist Xx (talk) 21:53, 4 April 2016 (UTC)
Can we get more people working on this homebrew page?
As none of you know My first edition ever of D&D I played was advanced 2nd edition. But this Christmas I got 5th edition. can more people Start working on this? XX the memenist Xx (talk) 22:03, 4 April 2016 (UTC)
- If you would like to grow our 5e homebrew section, one way to do so is to message the nice people over at the Unearthed Arcana subreddit (who have switched over to 5e for the most part) and ask them if we could host any of their homebrew, and then port it over when they agree :-) --Ghostwheel (talk) 13:42, 5 April 2016 (UTC)
We really need to clean up some of our creation pages. Just as an example, I checked the 5e subraces page now, and it doesn't include breadcrumbs or the follow-through at the end or anything similar. --Ghostwheel (talk) 14:26, 18 August 2017 (MDT)