Need to rename some articles
A number of users -- who I agree with -- have pointed out that some of your articles can be construed as racist due to real-world connotations. Please either rename these pages, or remove them: User:Cedric/Åryan User:Cedric/Mad Arab User:Cedric/Afriqan User:Cedric/Ashian. Surgo (talk) 18:18, 27 March 2019 (MDT)
- You mean this user? "Fuck you you racist piece of shit, just read you mad arab and race pages. Your articles are complete garbage.--Franken Kesey 09:17, 27 March 2019 (MDT) "? Does he sound sane to you? That would be ONE user (not "a number"), unless you're using the discussion over at Facebook, which you shouldn't unless you in the group. May I remind you that RACE is part of D&D? Is it racist, for example, not to have an African-American race selection? OR are they all white and "fair-skinned"? I've created fey races for gay players, is that racist? Also, Aryan does not in any way refer to your American groups related to white supremacy. Do educate yourself. Cedric (talk) 10:59, 28 March 2019 (MDT)
- You seem to be under the impression that this is a debate. It is not. Remove or rename those articles, or I will remove them for you. You have 24 hours from my first message. If your races do not, in fact, have any meaning to relate to their real-world equivalents, then changing their names should not bother you. Surgo (talk) 15:21, 28 March 2019 (MDT)
- By the way DUDE/MAAM. There is an actual race in D&D called al-Qadim that is arabic in intentions AND RELATES TO THE REAL WORLD. Should this be DELETED???? PLEASE GET A CLUE. Perhaps you're new to D&D. It's okay -- everyone starts somewhere, but don't use your admin abilities to intimidate other editors that ARE HELPING YOU when your claims are demonstrably false and easily dismissible. For example you could have pointed out where a race was made weaker than other races, demonstrating RACISM, but you did not.
- Anyway, I am NOT against renaming these races, but I need good suggestions for them -- this is NOT an easy task. Al Qadim is good for arabic style races, but what would be a good race for Native American/Asian style races (other than Azhian?)??? Maybe you can help me find better names. CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENTS??? Sorry if I got a little incensed when you called me a "PIECE OF SHIT" (emphasis mine).
- I think it makes more sense to think of D&D races less in the real-world meaning of the word as a synonym for "ethnicity," and more as a synonym for "species" as it is often used in fantasy and sci-fi works. In every sensible RPG system, real-world ethnicities are all categorized under the umbrella of "human" and all have the same statistics. Additionally, in every sensible system there is no statistical difference between a straight character and a gay character, so there's no need to create a fey race "for" gay players (or characters); in fact, the word "fairy" nowadays is actually a really offensive slur when used to refer to a gay person.
- I agree with Surgo and Kesey that the pages should be renamed. Regardless of your views, the fact is that those pages can easily be seen as racist because of the real-world connotations that those words have. Please realize that though you may be very smart, what is obvious to you may not be obvious to everyone and explaining it is usually pointless because of something called the backfire effect (google it). I really think it would be better to just do as the admin says here. Geodude671 (talk) 12:14, 28 March 2019 (MDT)
- Listen, you're an idiot. Do you think England was being "insensitive" when creating the concept of fairies (flying fey creatures, because no one wants to imagine genitalia on naked creatures), then, back in, what, probably the Late Middle Ages? Cedric (talk) 13:31, 31 March 2019 (MDT)
- Editors: I am Jewish ancestry. Why is this
idiotoverly-sensitive "politically-correct" member of the community who's calling me a nazi again?
- Keep in mind you are rationalizing a user that called another user a "piece of shit". 18.104.22.168 15:08, 28 March 2019 (MDT)
- Editors: I am Jewish ancestry. Why is this
- Dude, just give me 24 hours or something and I will edit them to be clear that these words do not refer to white supremacy, jewish supremacy, black panthers, or gay supremacy or inferiority IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. Now get you fucking shit together DUDE. Your abuse (censorship) has been noted and will be reported to others. Cedric (talk)
Editing other users' comments
It's considered extremely rude. Don't do it. I understand you feel others have been rude to you, but that doesn't give you carte blanche to be rude back. Take the high road, and don't sink to their level. Geodude671 (talk) 14:39, 31 March 2019 (MDT)
- Cedric: Do not edit another user's comments or you will be banned. This is your final warning. Surgo (talk) 14:56, 31 March 2019 (MDT)
- Geodude671: You are endangering the wiki for everyone by censoring other's articles in their own user space.
- Surge: Did you edit or censor another's post in their own user space?
Judgment has been passed
So, I have finally decided to step in. I've been watching this situation for a long time and while I was personally content to keeping you buried away in a sandbox, I am in full agreement with the other members of the wiki concerning your work and concerning your behavior. And so we came upon a long discussion concerning you, and after reviewing your history (including previous history from elsewhere), how you treat people, and an apparent fundamental lack of understanding on how this wiki works. Frankly I think you are doing more harm than good.
To be honest, we probably should have nipped this in the bud a long time ago. We were hoping there would be improvement, or that you would eventually fit in and not simply use this space as a personal blog.
Its been decided that we will no longer welcome you to the wiki. We have given you plenty of rope from which you have hung yourself, and plenty of chances. I see no reason to give you another, and I do not foresee you capable of change any time soon. It's a feat to have a history of getting banned in so many places, and the cause appears to be the fact you just do not change. So let's continue the pattern. Banning commences forthwith.
In the event you find this unfair, I would like to remind you that you are here at the whim and good fortune of the other users. This whim is now expended. End of line. -- Eiji-kun (talk) 22:24, 10 April 2019 (MDT)
As this user is banned, I'm going to delete all of his sandboxes and user subpages. I plan to do so Friday April 19th, so if you wish to keep them you should Special:Export them or save them in some other fashion before then. Surgo (talk) 14:11, 12 April 2019 (MDT)