Apprentice (3.5e Alternate Class Feature)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
You gain some of the spellcasting ability of your dormant talent, with some chance of backfire.
Replaces: If you select this alternative class feature, your Partial Metamoprhosis class feature is lost and your Tagalong class feature is reduced in effect. Use the average of the normal results of Tagalong and the results when not applying Tagalong when determining appropriate opposition or dividing the base XP award by the number of characters in the party.
Benefit: You gain the spellcasting ability of your latent Talent, even without using metamorphosis, but with the following restrictions in addition to the Latent Talent’s spellcasting restrictions:
• Your spells per day of each spell level may not exceed those of a bard the same level.
• Your spells known of each spell level may not exceed those of a bard the same level; this applies even if your Latent Talent is not limited by spells known.
• Each time you begin to cast a spell, make a DC 5 Intelligence check. If you fail, you are casting the wrong spell. The DM should determine randomly from the spells available. The spell slot or memorized spell is used up a as normal.
• Each time you finish casting a spell, make a DC 5 Wisdom check. If you fail, you suffer a mishap, as per scroll mishaps.
• Each time you finish casting a spell, make a DC 5 Charisma check. If you fail, any normal and/or beneficial effects also fail and do not occur. Any abnormal nonbeneficial effects, such as mishaps, are not effected.