I call myself Ideasmith (or ideasmith) on this and other gaming sites. I started playing and GMing D&D in the mid-1970s (at which time house rules were inevitable) and have been homebrewing ever since. I have a large collection of RPG books, about half or which are 3.5-compatible, and surprisingly little of which was published by WotC.
My Homebrew Posting Assumptions
My homebrew postings assume that the core books are in use, including all races, classes, skills, feats, equipment, etc., this being what gamers have the most practice correcting from. I also assume other books are in use, but don't make assumptions about which books. When use of a homebrew I post requires more than the core books and itself, I include a link thereto.
Also, I try to keep my homebrew "catgirl-safe."
Scroll of Generations
A collection of rules to help with long time-skips between adventures.
- Time and Experience (3.5e_Variant_Rule) Slowing down constant adventuring syndrome.
- Effects of Aging, Revised (3.5e_Variant_Rule) Makes aging less wonky and more customizable. Also repurposes Unearthed Arcana flaws and gives longer lived kindreds more skills.
- Event_List_ Want NPC’s to be able to join the party? Don’t want to risk a DMPC?
- Trading-In_Player_Characters_ Want NPC’s to be able to join the party? Don’t want to risk a DNPC?
- Fantasy Pregnancy (3.5e_Variant_Rule) A set of rules for determining pregnancy and its results
- Fantasy Genetics If the player characters are starting families, the parent’s ability scores should influence, but not determine, the scores of any children.
- Baby (3.5e_Template) A creature who has recently been born and is not yet old enough for the child template.
- Child (3.5e_Template) A creature who is no longer a baby, but has not reached adulthood.
- Lesser Stork Call (3.5e_Spell)
- Stork Call (3.5e_Spell)
- Greater Stork Call (3.5e_Spell)
- Unfledged (3.5e Class) Sometimes, a group of adventurers included a character who seems to have no business being on an adventure. Such characters often develop abilities they didn’t know they had.
- Apprentice (3.5e Alternate Class Feature) You gain some of the spellcasting ability of your dormant talent, with some chance of backfire.
- Rookie (3.5e Alternate Class Feature) You gain some of the combat ability of your dormant talent.
- Tyro (3.5e Alternate Class Feature) You gain some of the skill of your dormant talent.
- Promising Student (3.5e Feat) A sufficiently gifted teacher can foster your unlocked potential.
Other Base Classes
- Spellbinder A spontaneous arcane caster with lots of spells known.
- Crackerjack A PC version of the expert class.
- Weaponmaster A weaponmaster, as the name implies, is very good with a weapon, and possibly more than one. Their combat training tends to be more specific than that of the fighter.
- Moondancer Graceful shapeshifter.
- Empower Royal Kiss Give aristocrat the ability to break an enchantment with a kiss.
- Frog Touch Reshape weak or weakened creature into harmless animal.
- Rebirth from Stone Gives new life to petrified creature.
- Discern Birthdays Reveals birthdays.
- Path to Redemption Provides instructions for target’s atonement.
- Withering Glare Briefly ages target.
- Faerie Glow A weaker version of Faerie Fire.
- Ride the Nightmare Caster teleports randomly while asleep.
- Pronounce Doom Words and gaze kill one subject.
- Rebuild the Body and Mind Restores ability score drain.
- Fight or Flight Target has a fight or flight response and is panicked and/or enraged.
- Locate Interdimensional Connections Senses direction towards interdimensional connection(s) to another plane.
- Dimension Shift Close-range noncombat teleport
- Lesser Dispel Magic As dispel magic but +0 on check and fewer options.
- Lesser Teleport As teleport, but with greater failure chance, longer casting time, and increased components.
- Dust to Dust Destroys corpse, leaving behind only a trace of fine dust.
- Terrify Into Submission Frighten weak or weakened creature into trusting you.
- Compelling Script Affected writing is obeyed by all who read it.
- Orientation AKnowing where one’s destination is, and helping others know where their destinations are.
- Taboo You can’t do that.
- Infestation Diseases and the creatures that spread them.
- Crops Sowing and reaping.
- Feywing (3.5e_Race) Tiny, flying, highly magical kindred
- Combat Rhythm (3.5e_Variant_Rule) Encouraging pauses in combat.
- Ignoring Opponents (3.5e_Variant_Rule) A dangerous way to ignore that flanking penalty.
- Combat Fatigue (3.5e_Variant_Rule) Giving hit point loss above 0 a bit of meaning.
- Relapses (3.5e_Variant_Rule) It should be possible for dying from wounds to take days, even if tended.
- Alignment Without Alignment (3.5e Variant Rule) A system for dealing with stuff that would be ‘orphaned’ by dropping alignment.
- Replacing XP Cost with Essence Point Cost (3.5e_Variant_Rule) XP costs paid from an unrelated pool of points.
- Goal-Based_Level_Gain_(3.5e_Variant_Rule) XP costs paid from an unrelated pool of points.
- Broom (3.5e Equipment) An appropriate weapon for spellcasters.
My favorite pages
- Add links to your favorite pages on the wiki here!
- Favorite page #2
- Favorite page #3