Defiant (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
An enchantment that evens the odds. Defiant armor, shields and weaponry react to the number of present enemies versus the number of present allies, buffing the user accordingly. At the beginning of the encounter, you choose one effect for the item to bestow upon you that encounter; Attempting to change the effect again during the encounter takes a DC 15 Will save. Each time after that, the DC increases by 5.
For reference, X is equal to the number of designated foes present in this encounter, minus the number of allies. Foes are those who have attempted to harm you in the past 24 hours; Anything that would break an Invisibility spell causes them to count as an enemy. Allies are those who have harmed designated foes, or helped to defend you against attacks from foes. Y is equal to half of X, rounded up. Z is equal to one-quarter of X, rounded up.
- Damage Reduction: The item grants DR X/-.
- Deflection: The item grants Y as a Deflection bonus to AC.
- Spellward: The item grants you Spell Dampening Y.
- Revitilization: The item grants Fasting Healing Z.
- Striking: The weapon deals +X damage on-hit.
- Surestrike: The weapon gains a +Y bonus on attack rolls.
- Spellblast: The weapon causes spells you cast to deal +Y damage per target.
- Wardpiercing: The weapon allows you to ignore an amount of Spell Dampening equal to Z.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Equipment → Armor Enhancements
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Equipment → Shield Enhancements
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Equipment → Weapon Enhancements