Flavor Elf (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Another strange mutation of the elf gene, these elves are culinary experts baked into their very biology.
Many flavor elves can be described as "passionate" for their art, art which often involves the cooking or consumption of food. For the flavor elf, life is to be experienced to its fullest and no experience is as intense as that of taste. Bombastic and proud, it is rare to see a flavor elf approaching anything that could be considered apathy.
Flavor elves traditionally have bronze or reddish tan skin, light colored hair or hair with frosted tips naturally, and short but present facial hair with short but pointed ears. While many elves are stereotypically thin and waif-like, flavor elves are as thick or thicker than the average human due to their high caloric consumption. Their skins often remain tanned due to their wandering lifestyles.
Flavor elves often wander, for new flavors are always just over the horizon. As such they must make friendly relations with as many as they can meet so they can partake in their dishes.
Flavor elves trend towards non-lawful alignments, with good flavor elves seeking to better the culinary world around them and evil flavor elves partaking in any food, no matter how dark and forbidden.
Flavor elves supposedly originated from the mythical land of Flavortown, which they still reference as some form of afterlife of endless foods and flavors. While their real origin is obscured their nature suggests they are a recent breed that appeared within urban environments.
Flavor elves vary with their religions, but most believe in some form of Flavortown. One day they will take one last trip to Flavortown.
Common and Elvan.
Flavor elves, hailing from urban environments, tend to pick up names from all over the place and from various cultures.
- -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Far more stocky than traditional elves, they are often well fed if not a tad heavyset.
- Humanoid (Elf): Flavor elf. It's in the name, they are elves.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a flavor elf has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Flavor Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A flavor elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Bonus Feat: Flavor elves know Bottoms Up as a bonus feat. They also gain Well Fed.
- Eatmastery (Ex): Flavor elves always receive maximum benefit from any consumable materials such as potions or magical foods. If they have a caster level, the caster level of these consumed materials increases by +1.
- Flavorsense (Ex): A flavor elf's tongue can detect billions of more flavors than most, to the point where anything they lick they can identify as if by scent. While it doesn't help them detect anything at range, they can make a Craft Cooking or Survival check to identify a creature or object by taste or to track as if they had the Track feat.
- Stocky Resistance (Ex): Flavor elves have a spare heart in case of blockage, a common threat for the hungry, and a liver of iron. They have a +4 racial bonus on saves against disease, poison, and any affliction of the heart. It is doubled against ingested poisons.
- Skills: Flavor elves have a +2 racial bonus on Craft Cooking and Survival checks.
- Weapon Proficiency: Flavor elves are proficient in the any simple or martial "knives" (light slashing weapons), the trident, and War Spoon.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elvan
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages)
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||180 years||240 years||+6d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Ranger +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Dexterity + and +2 Constitution +|
|Summary||Another strange mutation of the elf gene, these elves are culinary experts baked into their very biology. +|
|Title||Flavor Elf +|