Fullangr (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Dwarves and giants have never been friends. Its a conflict of territory often, with both races claiming the mountains, hills, and caves and causing each other trouble. But as any intermixing of cultures, even the violent ones, some may result in a bond of love and the creation of children. The children of dwarves and giants, the result is something of a giant dwarf (as nonsensical as that seems).
Fullangr are as big in ego as they are in body, and they like to do everything to the maximum and with gusto. They call it pride, and others may call it hammy acting. Whatever personality or role the fullangr assumes they like to assume it with as much passion as an artist and his art.
Fullangrs range from 6 to 7 feet tall but possess dwarven, not human, proportions and as a result they seem far bulkier and larger than they actually are. They seem to take largely after their dwarven heritage, though small signs of giant blood can be found depending on the breed such as retaining a storm giant's purple skin, a fire giant's flaming red hair, or other aspects. Not only go they have dwarven proportions but their proportions themselves seem exaggerated. They are not merely wide, but as wide as a truck! They are not merely muscled, but are built like bodybuilders! They don't merely have beards, they have glorious lion manes! It can even pose problems if they end up with massive shoulders and fists but tiny feet and head.
Fullangr breed true, but they are fairly rare. They can breed with giants or dwarves equally and the child is either a member of the other race or a full blooded fullangr.
Because dwarves and giants typically don't get along, the children born from these unions are typically frown upon. In dwarven societies they may be accepted only after much trouble and considerations, while giant tribes may accept them based on the personality of the tribe and on a case by case basis. Those that don't lose hope in others often set out as adventurers, for what else would accept them and what else brings as much gusto to their lives?
Fullangrs can be any alignment, but whatever alignment they are they shall do it with greatest effort.
Fullangr typically hail from the mountain (and as a result the most common type come from giant breeds which live in mountains). They come from lands rich in dwarven and giant conflict or integration.
Fullangr typically ascribe to the local pantheon of where they were raised, typically dwarven gods.
Fullangr speak Common, Dwarven, and Giant.
Fullangr names trend towards the nature of where they grew up, either giant or dwarven, though to many outsiders some may claim both have a Nordic feel to them. If not that, so the stereotype goes, some claim they take names which sound simply extreme like HACK BLOWFIST! SLAB SQUAT-THRUST! FLINT IRONSTAG! And more. In all caps, of course.
- +2 Strength, +4 Constitution: Strong! Buff! And somehow more charismatic than dwarves due to their bombastic personalities. Fullangrs are certainly a healthy lot.
- Humanoid (Dwarf): Fullangr do descend from dwarves after all...
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a fullangr has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Fullangr base land speed is 20 feet. However, fullangr can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Darkvision: A fullangr can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a fullangr can function just fine with no light at all.
- Giantblooded (Ex): A fullangr counts as a giant as well as a member of its actual type.
- Item Toss (Ex): A fullangr can throw any item as if it were a ranged throwing weapon with a ranged increment of 10 ft (or +10 ft range if already a throwing weapon). They are considered proficient in "rocks" and may throw rocks (about the size of a basketball to a beach ball) which deal 1d10 bludgeoning damage.
- Oversized Grip (Ex): A fullangr has big hands for extreme weapon holding. It may use two-handed weapons one-handed. Combined with Powerful Build this allows them to wield a Large Greatsword in one hand, or a Huge Greatsword in two hands at a -2 penalty.
- Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of fullangrs lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a fullangr is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the fullangr is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. An fullangr is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A fullangr can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Stability (Ex): A fullangr gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Skills (Ex): Fullangr like to bring their talents to the extreme. Choose one skill besides Use Magic Device. They gain this skill as a class skill, with a +2 racial bonus.
- Weapon Familiarity (Ex): Fullangr treat weapons with "dwarven" in their name (such as the Dwarven Waraxes) as martial weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Dwarven, and Giant.
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Goblin, Gnoll, Gnome, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||188 years||250 years||+2d100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 2"||+2d6||360 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||6' 0"||+2d6||300 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Barbarian +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength + and +4 Constitution +|
|Summary||The children of dwarves and giants, the result is something of a giant dwarf (as nonsensical as that seems). +|