Gnoll (5e Race)
Note: This is an unofficial conversion of the 5th edition monster to a playable race.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|“||The gnoll rogue stalked quietly through the brush. The orc guards stood looking bored, standing guard in front of the bridge. The orcs' attention was quickly drawn to a fox darting through the underbrush. The gnoll was on the closest orc in a split section, laying it out with the sneak attack. Without a second thought, the gnoll shifted across the bridge entrance and bit the second orc. The second orc started to scream, but was silenced by an arrow from the gnoll's ranger companion.||”|
Gnolls are a surly, hynea-like humanoids.
Gnolls are tall and lean (7'-7'6", 280-320 lbs.). They have grayish skin covered by tan to brown fur, and have anthropomorphized hyena head and faces. Some individuals have spots or stripes of contrasting tan/brown fur.
Gnolls only live to be about 30 years old, but mature by age 2.
It is difficult to distinguish a male from a female gnoll, unless naked or the female is pregnant or nursing (when the four breasts engorge with milk).
Gnolls are generally short tempered. They generally keep to a family group or pack with a alpha male and female, along a number of young adults (sometimes with their mates) and cubs. Although, sometimes a number of family groups form villages or towns.
Gnolls can be found in most climes from desert to arctic, but are most commonly found in grassland plains, hills, and forests.
Gnolls most often become adventurers when they challenge the alpha, lose, and are exiled from the family group. Some gnolls become enamored of the toys and trappings of other races (clothing, weapons, society, or magic).
Gnolls have a bronze age technology, but acquire most of their weapons from trade.
- Ability Score Increase. Strength +1, Dexterity +2
- Age. 2-30
- Alignment. Any, but lean toward chaotic alignments
- Size. 7'-7'6" (6'10" inches, +2d6), 280-320 lbs. (270, x2d6) Your size is Medium.
- Speed. Your base speed is 30 feet feet.
- Darkvision. Being crepuscular creatures, gnolls are able to see in both daylight and darkness. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Rampage. When a gnoll kills a creature with a melee attack, it may use a bonus action to move up to half its speed and make a bite attack against a different opponent. Once this trait is used, it may not be used again until the gnoll takes a short or long rest.
- Bite. When the gnoll makes an unarmed strike, it may choose to bite instead doing 1d4 piercing damage instead of 1 bludgeoning. Gnolls are proficient with this style of attack. This type of attack may do more damage if trained in martial arts.
- Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Gnoll.
|Ability Mods||Str +1 + and Dex +2 +|
|Dexterity||Dex +2 +|
|Features||Age +, Alignment +, Size +, Speed +, Darkvision 60 +, Rampage +, Bite + and Languages +|
|Identifier||5e Race +|
|Is Race||true +|
|Summary||Unofficial conversion of the 5th edition monster to a playable race. +|