Gnoll Corgi (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The history of the gnolls is one tied deeply with the abyss. In ages past, gnolls mated with demons producing foul FlindsMM3, as well as having the demonic Yeenoghu as their patron. As the abyss mettled in the affairs of the prime material, other celestial beings looked on with disgust and despair. "Behold!" cried the angel Clonus to his fellow celestials. "The demons corrupt gnoll-kind. Is there any way we can save them, they have fallen so deep into depravity."
"Perhaps we should simply erase them off the planet." suggested one angel, the idea met with cheers of purity and justice.
"Wait, I have a better idea." answered another angel. The angel Aviax had a clever idea. "Demons have mated with gnolls and produced the vile flind, leaders of their kind. I shall mate with the gnolls and produce an opposing force far more terrifying and powerful than any flind, so that evil may shake to their bones by the power of good!"
There was a murmur, and Clonus decided that peace should be given a chance. And so Aviax, under cover of a gnoll, went out to add "goodness" to the gene seed of gnoll-kind. The heavens awaited with baited breath as the results were born in the coming years. Behold!
The opposite of flinds, gnolls with celestial ancestries, were not quite what one expects. Though kind in heart and brave to the core, few can get over the ridiculous appearance of a gnoll with the face of a corgi.
Playful, kind, brave, and curious, gnoll corgis are everything gnolls (and flinds especially) are not. Where gnolls tend towards laziness, gluttony, and depravity, gnoll corgis are often active and very dutiful. They do not seem to have much shame, and often get themselves in sticky situations or cause trouble, intentionally or not.
The gnoll corgi is a gnoll in every way save for the texture of their fur and their face, which looks small and out of place compared to their tall and imposing bodies. Their faces are that of a corgi dog, with similar fur patterns as a corgi and an almost permanent derpy grin upon their faces. They move as if they were still small beings, which can be unsettling given their size. Their fur is often much cleaner and fluffy looking than your average gnoll with patchy and unkempt fur, both as a result of genetics and generally keeping better care of themselves.
Interestingly enough, gnoll corgis are much more likely to become buff compared to the lanky gnolls. This is made even more likely given their fluffy fur giving them a larger than normal appearance.
Gnolls do not usually enjoy the presence of gnoll corgis. Not only do they oppose flinds and the forces of evil, they are far too excitable for them to handle. Many will manipulate gnoll corgis into causing trouble, before ditching them as a fall guy when things go wrong. When abandoned by their tribes, such gnoll corgis who survive the hardship often become adventurers to make up for their loss, or may persist and try to rejoin their tribe "because friends are there", regaling them with excessive cheerfulness. It drives them up the wall.
Among others, many may assume them to be gnolls until they see the creature's face. Few can take such a being seriously, and being disarmed of pre-conceived notions many realize that these creatures are not only harmless, but often helpful. Few can match the loyalty and bravery of a gnoll corgi.
Gnoll corgis tend to be good aligned, with lawful good gnoll corgis being those helping others as knights and chaotic good gnoll corgis wandering as heroic adventurers.
Gnoll corgis are born to gnolls who bear celestial blood at random, or directly between union between gnolls and celestials. Otherwise, they possess no lands of their own.
Gnoll corgis usually worship gods of good, or adventure and curiosity.
Gnoll corgis speak Common and Gnoll. Many usually use bonus languages to learn Celestial as well.
Gnoll corgis often adopt playful nicknames one usually associates with pets. They have no shame.
- +2 Strength, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Strong, brave, charismatic, and all-in-all foolish and reckless. Bravery and foolishness are two sides of the same coin.
- Humanoid (Gnoll): Derpy face or not, these are definitely gnolls.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a gnoll corgi has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Gnoll Corgi base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A gnoll corgi can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a gnoll corgi can function just fine with no light at all.
- Adorable (Ex): Gnoll corgis are simply adorable. They benefit from the Adorable armor enhancement, even when not wearing armor. This stacks with Adorable armor.
- Aura of Joy (Su): The presence of a gnoll corgi tends to improve the mood of those around it. Allies within 10 ft of the gnoll corgi (including themselves) have a +2 bonus against fear effects and effects which alter one's emotions (such as crushing despair).
- Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): 1/day-bless weapon, daylight.
- Armor and Weapon Proficiency: Gnoll corgi receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the battleaxe, greataxe, and longsword as bonus feats, and may treat the bastard sword as a martial weapon (or a simple weapon two-handed). They also gain proficiency in all armor, and shields (but not tower shields). If they gain proficiency in these armor or shield types, they reduce their armor check penalty by 1.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gnoll
- Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, and Sylven.
- Favored Class: Paladin
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||++2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 6"||+2d6||220 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||6' 0"||+2d6||180 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Paladin +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, -2 Wisdom + and +2 Charisma +|
|Summary||The opposite of flinds, gnolls with celestial ancestries, were not quite what one expects. Though kind in heart and brave to the core, few can get over the ridiculous appearance of a gnoll with the face of a corgi. +|
|Title||Gnoll Corgi +|