Half-Gith (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Born between gith and other humanoids (somehow), these humanoid beings are tall, thin, gold hued, and psionically talented.
The personality of a half-gith varies wildly from where they were raised. Githyanki would turn them into merciless warriors if their presence was tolerated at all, while githzerai would focus more on self reflection and religion. More likely neither gith parent brings them into their fold and they end up raised by humans or another species. They suffer from the same pressures as many half-races, but always seem to be able to be self reliant and stubborn or determined enough to endure.
Half-gith can form from any humanoid stock, but most are tall and thin, with small pointed ears, large black eyes, and golden skin. They are not quite as monstrous looking as gith, yet they look alien and haunting to other humanoids. The nature of their biology is a mystery, for gith are egg layers and should not be compatible. It is believed some psionic trick may be involved in their creation, and half-gith are capable of both live births and laying eggs post fertilization.
Half-gith are cautious around others. The world is a big dangerous place, and not many are ready and willing to accept them or trust their unnatural appearance.
Half-gith can be of any alignment.
Half-gith are not numerous enough to count any lands of their own. However, neither the Astral nor Limbo are particularly hospitable and so most stay in the material plane.
Half-gith may or may not have religion, entirely based on who raised them and their surroundings.
Half-Gith speak Common and Gith.
Half-gith adopt the gith style of names, placing silent apostrophes to connect two words. Sometimes, especially when growing among human communities, it results in unusual "normal" names mashed together such as Belle'anne, Rob'michael, and Tim'greg.
- +2 Dexterity or +2 Constitution or +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence or -2 Wisdom: The half-gith retain much of their gith nature. Githzerai breeds tend to have good Dex or Wis and poor Int, and githyanki tend to have good Dex or Con and poor Wis.
- Humanoid (Gith, Human, Psionic): The half-gith are often half-human, but they can have other humanoid subtypes (such as Gith and Elf) as well.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a half-gith has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Half-Gith base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A half-gith can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a half-gith can function just fine with no light at all.
- Illithid Resistance (Ex): Half-Gith gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against the spells, powers, spell-like, and psi-like abilities of aberrations.
- Naturally Psionic: Half-gith gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psionics (Sp): Choose a single 1st level power. You gain this power as a psi-like ability 1/day, plus an additional time per day at 5th and every 5 HD beyond. Its saving throw is based on your highest mental ability modifier.
- Skills: Half-gith have a +2 bonus on Knowledge Psionic and Psicraft checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gith
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages)
- Favored Class: Psion or Psychic Warrior
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d10||110 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Psion + and Psychic Warrior +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Dexterity or +2 Constitution or +2 Wisdom + and -2 Intelligence or -2 Wisdom +|
|Subtype||Gith, Human, Psionic +|
|Summary||Born between gith and other humanoids (somehow), these humanoid beings are tall, thin, gold hued, and psionically talented. +|