Half-Orq (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The crossbreed of humanoids (typically humans) and orqs, they have the versatility unseen in orqs yet retain much of their warrior spirit. They are born in a world of racial tension, yet there is much in common between the two sides.
The half-orq is a conflicted being. One half of their family usually comes from a background of constant war, and the other background could be anything from another warrior to a commoner or farmer. Pureblooded orqs often look at them with contempt, thinking the half-orq an inferior fighter, while humans view them as uncivilized brutes. The truth is half-orqs can be anything and anyone, but do have a special knack for the typical orqish talents.
The rumor that half-orqs are often a result of rape is a lie. Orcs may indulge in such activities, but the proud orq often holds some personal code of honor. With their anarchistic lifestyles, it is inevitable a few choose to move outside their racial barriers and make a personal peace with mankind, and these truces lead to affections as any human is capable of. Typically, they are the offspring of a orq and human warrior who found common ground on the battlefield.
Half-orqs are somewhere between (typically) humans and orqs, with a smaller human build yet skin which ranges between human and orq skintones. They usually retain the darker hair and warm-hued eye colors, and have small tusks which don't jut from their mouth as pronounced, usually seeming like small fangs when they smile. Though their muscles may not be as strong, they have the warrior's spirit within.
Rarely, non-human pairings occur. They are the same statistically as the human/orq pairing, but may have small traits such as elf ears, unusual shortness for pairings with the smallfolk, or other aesthetic features.
None know how to treat half-orqs, but its this treatment which defines them. Some embrace one side, another, or or both in harmony while others reject them completely. The chaotic upbringings mean no two half-orqs are ever alike, and many are born adventurers waiting to happen. Half-orqs can be found in non-xenophobic orq and human communities alike. In orq communities they often serve as important cultural envoys between the races, as half-orqs have a higher tolerance for the political gambits of others.
Half-orqs are known to be any alignment, for they can take after their orq kin or from lawful races and cultures alike.
Half-orqs have no land of their own, but instead appear in lands where orqs and other humanoids meet. They diffuse through both cultures and nations equally.
Half-orq religion is as varies as half-orq themselves, having a choice between their parent races and their gods, new gods, or no gods at all.
Half-orqs speak Common and Orc.
Half-orq names can stem from either parent, as they have no unified culture of their own.
- +2 to any attribute and -2 to any attribute: Half-orqs excel in certain tasks, and often disregard other areas. They can have a +2 bonus to one score and a -2 to another score, with a total racial score is +0.
- Humanoid (Human, Orc): Half-orqs count as members of both their parent races. If the half-orq is of non-human breed, use their racial subtype instead.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Half-Orq has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Half-Orq base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: A 60 can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a Half-Orq can function just fine with no light at all.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
- Weapon of Choice: Half-orqs gain proficiency and Weapon Focus in any one weapon of their choice.
- Half-Orqs gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate. It is always considered a class skill. In addition, half-orqs may use strength in place of charisma for the intimidate skill and for determining your leadership score.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Orc.
- Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 11"||+2d10||130 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+2d10||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Any Attribute + and -2 Any Attribute +|
|Rated By||BackHandOfFate +, Tarkisflux + and Foxwarrior +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Subtype||Human + and Orc +|
|Summary||The crossbreed of humanoids (typically humans) and orqs, they have the versatility unseen in orqs yet retain much of their warrior spirit. +|