Hudeer (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Feytouched humanoids from the north, they are noted for their antlers and swiftness in the deep snow.
It is said that a human colony was lost deep in the north when the weather grew extreme and the roads were cut off from the southern nations. In spite of the hardships that this isolation caused, the humans survived thanks to their deals with nearby fey spirits and their own talents. Of course, as the years went by and the isolation continued, it was inevitable that fey and human blood would mix. It is said these fey took the form of reindeer-like satyrs, and after many generations and the re-opening of trade routes these hybrid humanoids now only have trace elements of their origin.
Perhaps a result of the fey they descended from, the hudeer are generally defensive and cautious, choosing flight over flight and avoiding conflict through diplomacy. They tend towards pacifism, and thus adventurers are few and far between them. When hudeer adventurers arise they go forth with a goal in mind more important than their reluctance.
Hudeer have the base forms of humans, though trending towards the shorter end of human heights, fair skin, and brown and blonde hair. Upon their head is a pair of antlers which generally stick straight up, with various unique shapes and patterns. Their skin along their back and sometimes their arms and legs is spotty and mottled like deer hide, and they tend to have orange, brown, and gold colored eyes. Rarely one may be born with small hooves, but they generally have normal human feet.
Hudeer prefer pacifism, and enjoy the natural protection of the inhospitable north to discourage any would-be invaders. Though they do not often leave their homelands, they generally have good rapport with other nations.
Hudeer tend towards non-evil alignments, as they have a strong sense of community and important in family or protection of friends.
The hudeer live in northern plains and mountains.
Hudeer generally follow simple druidic traditions, or observe gods of family, community, and peace.
Hudeer speak common and sylvan.
Hudeer names tend to sound like elven attempt at common names.
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: Slender and graceful, hudeer lack human's strength.
- Humanoid (Hudeer): Hudeer are ultimately humanoids, the fey blood mostly faded.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a hudeer has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Hudeer base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A hudeer can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Cold Resistance (Ex): Hudeer have cold resistance 5. This stacks with other sources of cold resistance.
- Divine Charisma (Ex): Hudeer may use their Charisma in place of Intelligence or Wisdom for the purpose of save DCs on spells and other effects and on bonus spells per day. This does not lift the restriction of needing a minimum Intelligence or Wisdom score for the purpose of casting spells in the first place.
- Feyblooded (Ex): Hudeer count as both their original type, and as a fey.
- Natural Weapon (Ex): Hudeer have a gore attack which deals 1d6 points of damage, as a primary natural weapon.
- Skills: The hudeer have a +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal, Ride, and Survival checks.
- Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): The hudeer retain some of their fey magic, and their spell-like abilities are counted as originating from a fey. At will- dancing lights; 1/day-charm animal, calm animals, faerie fire. The saving throw is based on Charisma.
- Winter Walker (Ex): Hudeer do not suffer from difficult terrain from snow, and are under a constant endure elements cold. Lastly, they gain a +2 racial bonus on any skills and ability checks made to navigate or move through cold and icy terrain.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylven
- Bonus Languages: Elven
- Favored Class: Druid or Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||60 years||80 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+2d4||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d4||75 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Druid + and Ranger +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Dexterity + and +2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Feytouched humanoids from the north, they are noted for their antlers and swiftness in the deep snow. +|