Krachtdwerg (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The Krachtdwerg, better known as the Craft Dwarves, are a species of dwarf whose skills manifest in the crafting and production of items both mundane and magical. The differences between them and the "standard" hill dwarf are subtle, made more confusing by the fact they freely intermingle with other dwarven societies and are recognized only by their talents. They often become well known craftsmen, often creating items which shape the history of the world in their presence.
The krachtdwerg are brothers to the hill dwarf, and they often act the same, prizing hard work, tradition, family, and endurance. These traits fit well with their love of artifice, often finding themselves so enamored in crafting that they rely on the whims of adventurers to find the rare reagents and McGuffians needed to finish their latest project. However, some become adventurers themselves if they seek something new, rare, and valuable either out of mistrust for the ethics of others or out of simple desire to wisen oneself in the world. They tend to be more appreciative of the magical arts than the typical dwarf, but only as a means to an end and rare for love of magic itself. They often view everything as a form of tool meant for something, even themselves.
The krachtdwerg are indistinguishable from the common hill dwarf.
Embedded in dwarven society, krachtdwerg follow the same mores as others with possible exception to views on magic. While they rarely are spellcasters themselves, their unique talents allow them to employ magical items and tools often.
Many krachtdwerg tend towards lawful, non-evil behaviors due to the nature of dwarven society.
The krachtdwerg live amongst dwarven communities, often within quarries or underground in the mines of mountains and canyons.
The krachtdwerg follow dwarven gods, respecting the local deities and traditions of their area.
The krachtdwerg speak Common and Dwarven.
The krachtdwerg adopt typical dwarven names.
- +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: When one spends all day at the forge, one gets no time for social chit-chat or stretching one's limbs. Only strength and endurance matters.
- Humanoid (Dwarf): Krachtdwerg are humanoids, just like normal dwarves.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a Krachtdwerg has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Krachtdwerg base land speed is 20 feet. However, krachtdwerg can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Darkvision: A 60 can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and a Krachtdwerg can function just fine with no light at all.
- Magical Craftsman (Su): Krachtdwerg can ignore the spell requirements when crafting a magical item, and use their character level as their caster level for the purposes of item creation and qualifying for item creation feats, but not using magical items (as such, they cannot use a wand without Use Magic Device or an actual spell list). Most krachtdwerg focus on magical gear rather than charged items.
- Reforge (Ex): A krachtdwerg can repair a broken magical item with the appropriate crafting checks and/or feats needed to originally create such an item. In doing so, they can reforge magic items that have been sundered and otherwise would have lost their magical properties due to this.
- Stability (Ex): A krachtdwerg gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will- read magic; 1/day- identify.
- +2 racial bonus on all Appraise and Craft checks. Both are always class skills.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Dwarven.
- Bonus Languages: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|125 years||188 years||250 years||+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 9"||+2d4||130 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||3' 7"||+2d4||100 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Fighter +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, -2 Dexterity +, +2 Constitution + and -2 Charisma +|
|Summary||The Krachtdwerg, better known as the Craft Dwarves, are a species of dwarf whose skills manifest in the crafting and production of items both mundane and magical. +|