Lizardfolk, Nile (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The nile lizardfolk is a particular species of lizardfolk acclimated for deserts climates and rivers.
In spite of their frightening appearance, the nile lizardfolk is not a hostile creature. Raised in the harsh desert, they are surprisingly social out of need to survive as a whole. They are more than willing to make deals with others for the benefit of the group, and take a calm and reasoned approach to life. After all those which make rash decisions and waste pointless energy under the hot sun do not often last long.
Nile lizardfolk are large crocodilian humanoids standing 6 to 7 feet tall and a tail 3 or 4 feet long, though many slouch and make it look like they are shorter than they actually are. They weight in between 200 and 250 lbs, and come in various green, gray, and earthy tones. They do not possess hair, though rarely they develop spines and small horns along their head and back which they decorate with chains as if to mimic hair. And of course, they have large mouths full of sharp teeth.
Though very tough, they are sluggish and slow. They are partly cold blooded, enough where temperature effects them but with enough regulation to prevent overheating or freezing (at least no more than an average human could survive). Like crocodiles they lay eggs in small nests of between 1 and 5, which they guard jealously.
The nile lizardfolk typically do not associate with others too much, content in their river and desert homes. However they are always happy to establish lines of trade as they see trade as a benefit to all groups involved, so long as the trade is fair and forthright.
Nile lizardfolk can be any alignment, with most growing up as true neutral.
Nile lizardfolk live in arid climates and by rivers.
Nile lizardfolk often worship gods of the sun, desert, wind, travel, and water.
Nile lizardfolk speak Common and Draconic.
Nile lizardfolk names are usually spoken in their native tongue of dragonic, and thus could be confused for the names of dragons.
- +2 to any attribute, -2 Dexterity: Generally heavy set and slow, they otherwise can be talented in any aspect. Some even manage to neutralize their race's dexterity penalty with their bonus.
- Humanoid (Reptilian): They are giant anthromorphic lizard people, though not quite associated with any particular lizard.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a nile lizardfolk has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Nile Lizardfolk base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A nile lizardfolk can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Climate Adaptation (Ex): Select one of the following racial traits, depending on if the lizardfolk grew up around rivers or desert primarily.
- Desert: The lizardfolk gains a burrow speed of 10 ft, and does not face any difficult terrain in sand, gravel, and other particulate substances.
- Rivers: The lizardfolk gains a swim speed of 40 ft, and can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their Constitution modifier before drowning.
- Endurance: Nile lizardfolk gain Endurance as a bonus feat. If they ever obtain Endurance as a feat elsewhere, the bonuses stack and they may sleep in heavy armor as well.
- Natural Armor (Ex): Nile lizardfolk start with a +2 natural armor.
- Natural Weapons (Ex): Nile lizardfolk start with two claws that deal 1d4 damage. At 3 HD, they gain a secondary bite attack that deals 1d6 damage.
- Weapon and Armor Familiarity: Nile lizardfolk are proficient in all simple weapons, shields (but not tower shields), and scimitars. They treat exotic curved swords as martial weapons (such as the Valenar Double ScimitarECS).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic
- Bonus Languages: Aquan, Auran, Gnoll, Ignan, Infernal, Terran.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||70 years||+1d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 6"||+2d6||200 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||6' 0"||+2d6||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Any Attribute + and -2 Dexterity +|
|Summary||The nile lizardfolk is a particular species of lizardfolk acclimated for deserts climates and rivers. +|
|Title||Lizardfolk, Nile +|