Rockettu Plushie (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A variant of the Eijilund Plushie, hailing from the Shattered Realms of Rockettu, these living dolls have adapted their explosive abilities and fine tuned it to their needs. Like the Eijilund Plushies they spawned from before settling their own colony, they are animated dolls imbued with a flaming, explosive spirit within them. It is said that their world became a test-bed for many explosive new magics and technologies until the world itself was sundered in twain. Now these beings rocket jump from floating island to floating island through the void on the shattered remains of their world.
Like their other kin they are small and lightweight, on account of being made of cloth instead of flesh. They are slightly bigger their their Eijilundian variants.
- -2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom: Rockettu plushies are tougher than their kin, living in a hostile environment and built to endure their own explosive detonations.
- Construct (Fire, Living Construct, Plushie): Made of cotton and high explosives. Handle with care.
- Small: As a Small creature, a rockettu plushie gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 size penalty on special attack (bull rushes, grapples, overruns, and trips) checks, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but it uses smaller weapons than humans use, and its lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Rockettu Plushie base land speed is 20 feet.
- Bouncy Burst (Ex): A plushie takes half damage from falls. If it expends 1 point of its Explosive Potential as an immediate action, it can completely negate fall damage.
- Detonate (Su): Rockettu Plushies can explode into a small fireball centered upon themselves as a standard action, dealing 1d6 fire damage per Explosive Potential charge used in a 10 ft radius with a Reflex save for half (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con modifier, or highest mental ability modifier). If they use this ability as a 1 round action it becomes a 20 ft radius instead, and deals full damage to objects before hardness.
- Explosive Potential: Rockettu Plushies trade superior construction for more limited firepower, but they still can perform explosive actions and, in fact, have more uses for it. They gain a supply of charges equal to their HD + their Con modifier (minimum 0) per day, but they can only spend up to their HD in charges on any single use of an ability.
- Living Construct Traits (Ex): Unlike other constructs, plushies have a constitution score. As living constructs, they do not gain bonus hit points by size, but rather through constitution as other living creatures. They do not have low-light vision, and are not immune to mind-influencing effects. They have an immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, sickening, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, and energy drain. They cannot heal damage naturally, and take half benefit from positive energy cure spells. However, they take full benefit from the repair series of spells. They are subject to critical hits, effects requiring a Fortitude save, death from massive damage, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability drain, and death and necromancy effects. When reduced to 0 hit points, a living construct is disabled, just like a living creature, and when its hit points are less than 0 but greater than -10, it is inert. It is unconscious and helpless, but stable. They may be raised and resurrected as normal, and have no need to eat, sleep, or breathe, though they may benefit from consumables. Though they do not need to sleep, they must still rest for 8 hours before preparing spells, as normal.
- Magical Lifeforce: Dispel magic and antimagic fields have a negative effect on plushies. When hit with any dispel magic, make a Will saving throw vs becoming fatigued (or exhausted if they were already fatigued). An antimagic field incurs a save vs. exhaustion every round until they leave the area, and mage's disjunction becomes a save vs sleep. These effects bypass their usual immunities due to race. Plushies know the power magic cancellation has on them and fear it.
- Rocket Jump (Su): As a swift action the rockettu plushie can abruptly dash in any direction in a straight line, moving 10 ft per Explosive Potential charged used. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and counts as a charge on the first attack made in a round after moving. Even if drained of all Explosive Potential charges they still have a subtle bonus for moving in straight lines, and their movement speed for a charge or run action is +10 ft higher.
- Soggy When Wet: Whenever a plushie is immersed in water or otherwise soaked through, their speed is cut in half as long as they are in that environment and 1d4 hours afterward as they dry off. If there is some effect which dries them faster, they may reduce this time.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Plushese
- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Ignan, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Barbarian +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Strength +, +2 Constitution + and -2 Wisdom +|
|Subtype||Fire, Living Construct, Plushie +|
|Summary||A variant of the Eijilund Plushie, hailing from the Shattered Realms of Rockettu, these living dolls have adapted their explosive abilities and fine tuned it to their needs. +|
|Title||Rockettu Plushie +|