Wardevae (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Wardavae are humanoid fae who have a strong connection to other beings. They are beings of ultimate compassion, and often end up acting as the guardian angel for others.
Some say the wardevae were born of a wish, invoking the powers of the primal fey with a prayer of protection and care in times of need. Born to fill this purpose, they seek to help and protect others, even those not associated with the natural world. The psychic emanation of comfort fulfill them, while discord and strife causes them pain.
With a literal empathic heart, wardavae are some of the kindest and understanding fey you will ever meet. They act with compassion to others, especially those in need, and seek others who share their beliefs and motivations. They are often soft spoken themselves as much of their own behavior and language is a matter of subtle actions and hard to interpret posturing.
Wardevae see themselves as guardian angels for the unfortunate. The only time a wardavae can be seem with wrathful intent is when they are doing so in service to protecting another.
Wardavae are humanoid fey, with curtains of silky hair running down their legs from their hips giving the illusion of a dress, and often with pale skin marked with green or blue hair and patterns upon their arms. Within the center of their chest lies a large red crystal which shares many properties with a psicrystal, and helps channel their psionic energies. They walk gingerly, thin and frail, yet mentally very active. Many have red eyes and frilled ears. They have almost no sexual dimorphism, resulting in many falsely believing they are monogendered.
Unlike most fey, wardavae are not innately associated with nature. Rather they are innately psychic beings and reside amongst beings whose emotions run deepest.
As creatures almost designed to get along with others, it goes without saying that wardavae have good relation with many species, even some unconventional ones. Only truly irredeemable beings are unworthy of their attention, and for these beings they gain naught but scorn.
Wardavae are usually good aligned, and very rarely evil aligned even if they work with or are friends with evil beings.
Wardavae seem to require the presence of positive emotions for their own mental comfort, and so these fey are often found amongst urban areas mixed in with other species. It's unknown if they have a land of their own, and some speculate they spontaneously generate into existence from places where great mercy or compassion has been shown.
Wardavae do not generally follow a religion, but they would get along well with many gods associated with good.
Wardavae speak Common and Sylvan.
Wardavae rarely speak, and if they assign themselves names it is in a way not easily translated, being based in psychic cues and body languages. Instead, others assign them nicknames which they accept gracefully.
- -2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Their bodies are thin and frail, but they have a supernatural awareness of the world, and the will and strength to endure mental troubles.
- Fey (Psionic): Fey borne from emotions, they are highly tuned to the mental energies of others.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a wardevae has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Wardevae base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A wardevae can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Empathy (Ex): With a touch a wardavae can form an emotional link to another creature, gaining empathy as if they were a familiar. Unwilling creatures get a save to negate (Will DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Charisma modifier), and the connection is broken if they move more than 1 mile away. You may only have one empathy target at a time. You gain a +2 circumstance bonus on Sense Motive checks against the target of your empathy. This is a mind-affecting effect.
- If the target of your empathy falls below 0 hp, you may enter a state of emotional rage at the start of your next turn. For 1 round, all your dice based damage deal an additional +50% damage. You may only use this ability 1/day.
- Heartgem (Ex): The crystal embedded in their chest is the source of the wardavae's empathic power, but it does nothing on its own. If they gain a psicrystal, you can make your heartgem your psicrystal. In this case, your psicrystal does not gain any movement as it is part of you, but you gain two psicrystal personalities. If the crystal is destroyed, it automatically recovers when you rest for 8 hours and returns to full health.
- Naturally Psionic (Ex): Wardevae gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Psi-Like Abilities (Ps): At will- hovering; 1/day-precognition. Manifester level is equal to ½ Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Skills: Wardevae gain a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Handle Animal, and Sense Motive checks when interacting with creatures not immune to mind-affecting effects, and these are always class skills.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan
- Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages)
- Favored Class: Wilder
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||80 years||120 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+1d12||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 0"||+1d12||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Wilder +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||-2 Constitution +, +2 Wisdom + and +2 Charisma +|
|Summary||Wardavae are humanoid fae who have a strong connection to other beings. They are beings of ultimate compassion, and often end up acting as the guardian angel for others. +|