Yuan-ti (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Despite being the lowliest of their race, yuan-ti purebloods are still kickass snake-people.
In some more human contexts, the term "pureblood" has been applied as a mark of superiority over others. Not so for the yuan-ti. The most human-like of their race, purebloods are often scorned by other yuan-ti for their weak bloodline and lack of power.
Yuan-ti purebloods are very similar to humans in appearance, with certain serpentine traits including thin lips, narrow eyes with slitted pupils, and forked tongues. Imagine Lord Voldemort as an NPC and that about does it. Purebloods speak the language of their race, Yuan-ti, which typically involves a great deal of hissing and rattling noises that require a forked tongue to execute. Many also learn Common in order to better blend into foreign areas, but the snake-like quality of their voices is unmistakable.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, yuan-ti purebloods gain no bonuses or penalties based on size.
- Yuan-ti base land speed is 30 feet.
- Alternate Form (Ex): A yuan-ti has the ability to transform into a viper at will as a swift action. In order to adopt the form, the yuan-ti must possess a number of Hit Dice equal to twice that of the viper. A transformed yuan-ti gains the Strength and Dexterity scores of the viper as well as its natural attacks, but retains its own Constitution, mental ability scores, and Hit Dice.
- Detect Poison (Ex): Yuan-ti purebloods are all capable of using detect poison as the spell at will.
- Parseltongue (Ex): A yuan-ti has the ability to constantly speak with animals at will, except it only applies to snakes. In addition, a yuan-ti has a +2 bonus on Bluff checks.
- Poison Immunity (Ex): As venomous creatures, yuan-ti have naturally strong immune systems and are immune to all poisons.
- Venom (Ex): As a standard action usable at will, the yuan-ti may spit its venom at an opponent within 30 feet as a ranged touch attack, dealing 1d6 plus 1 per character level points of acid damage. Alternatively, as move action, the yuan-ti may coat their melee weapon(s) (or a set of ranged weapon ammunition) with this venom, adding the damage to successful melee and ranged attacks until the end of their next turn.
- Scent (Ex): A yuan-ti has the ability to detect other creatures through their scent.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Yuan-ti.
- Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Ignan, Infernal, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
|Author||ThunderGod Cid +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Rogue +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||None +|
|Summary||Despite being the lowliest of their race, yuan-ti purebloods are still kickass snake-people. +|