ATRuns Superior (3.5e Racial Paragon Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A racial paragon class for the ATRuns. 3 1 Moderate Poor Poor Poor Other Other
The ATRuns superior advances features of the base ATRuns race, granting some resilience and mobility features.
Making an ATRuns Superior
As a non-casting progression racial paragon class, most ATRuns superiors will focus on physical ability scores and some form of combat.
All of the following are class features of the ATRuns superior.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: An ATRuns superior gains proficiency with simple weapons, light armor, shields (but not tower shields), combat shovel, combat spade, greathammer, spiked hammer and a single exotic crossbow of its choice.
Quick Fix (Ex): At 1st level, an ATRuns superior is easier to fix and optimized for accessible repairs. The DC to restore HP to a dead or inert ATRuns superior is reduced by 10. For each hour of "Downtime Mode" an ATRuns superior repairs 2 HP per HD per hour to itself.
Save Boost (Ex): At 1st level, an ATRuns superior learns to focus on its shortcomings as a construct and overcome them. It chooses one of the following feats as a bonus feat: Great Fortitude, Iron Will or Lightning Reflexes.
At 2nd level, it may choose another of these feats from the list. If it already has one of these feats from another source, or would be later granted them, it instead gains a +1 bonus to that particular save.
Secondary Mode (Ex): At 1st level, an ATRuns superior learns to unlock its secondary form. It gains the Shapechanger Subtype. An ATRuns superior gains a secondary physical form mode as an alternate form. In this form, it retains its own abilities with any changes noted under the specific form. Only built-in (or custom-made at the non-humanoid cost in the case of armor) gear changes shape to suit its secondary form. Changing into or back from a Secondary Mode is a move action or a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
An ATRuns superior may choose a different secondary form from the list after focusing for 1 hour (typically done during Downtime Mode). An ATRuns superior chooses to access one of the following for its secondary mode at a time:
- Aquatic Mobility Mode: An ATRuns superior while in this form gains a swim speed equal to its previous land speed. Its land speed is reduced to 20 feet in this mode. It gains a +8 racial bonus to Swim skill checks and may take 10 on these checks even when in danger or threatened. It takes no penalty on attack rolls for attacking underwater.
- At ECL 5, this swim speed increases by 20 feet.
- At ECL 10, this swim speed increases by an additional 20 feet.
- All Terrain Mode: An ATRuns superior with this form gains a climb speed equal to 20 feet and a +4 stability bonus against being bull rushed and tripped while on the ground. It's land speed drops by 10 feet. It gains a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks. It takes half damage from falling and ignores the movement penalties of difficult terrain.
- At ECL 5, it gains a burrow speed of 5 feet. It does not leave behind a tunnel while burrowing and it ignores all penalty and damage effects of difficult terrain (including magical difficult terrain).
- At ECL 10, this burrow speed increases to 20 feet and it may choose to leave behind a tunnel.
- Extra Arms Mode: An ATRuns superior with this form gains an extra set of arms. If it has two-weapon fighting, it gains the equivalent version of multi-weapon fighting while in this form. Its effective Strength and Dexterity for all its arms is 4 less while in this form. When using all of its arms in conjunction as a standard action when making a Strength- or Dexterity-based ability check, it gets a +4 bonus to the check.
- At ECL 5, it may draw and sheathe weapons as part of the action used to transform into this form.
- At ECL 10, the effective Strength and Dexterity for all its arms is only 2 less in this form.
- Hover Mode: An ATRuns superior with this form gains a hover speed (perfect maneuverability) equal to 20 feet. It's land speed drops by 10 feet. It maintains any stability bonuses while hovering or flying.
- At ECL 5, it can fly (perfect maneuverability) for a continuous number of rounds equal to its Constitution bonus (minimum of 1 round). Flight capability recharges automatically after 1 minute.
- At ECL 10, it gains unlimited flight.
- Siege Mode: An ATRuns superior with this form is capable of devastating objects and defenses. While in this form, its movement speeds are reduced to 5 feet. For every consecutive attack against the same target, a Siege Mode ATRuns gains a +1 bonus to attack rolls (to a maximum of +5) for up to 1 minute since the last attack. Additionally, for the purposes of severe weather, a Siege Mode ATRuns' projectiles count as siege attacks and the ATRuns itself counts as 2 sizes larger than its actual size for the purposes of wind effects on creatures. A Siege Mode ATRuns' attacks bypass object hardness of 10 + 1/2 its HD or less.
- At ECL 5, for the purposes of stability, it gains a +4 bonus on ability checks to resist being bull rushed, grappled, overrun and tripped when standing firmly on a solid surface.
- At ECL 10, it need not be on a solid surface and gains Siege Shot as a bonus feat. If the ATRuns already possesses this feat, he ignores the –2 penalty on the attack.
- Turbo Mode: An ATRuns superior with this form gains a +20 racial bonus to its land speed movement and the Run feat. It suffers a –2 racial penalty to Balance and each square of difficult terrain counts as 4 squares instead of 2 squares.
- At ECL 5, this bonus to land speed movement increases to +40 feet.
- At ECL 10, this bonus to land speed movement increases to +60 feet.
- Vehicle Suit Mode: An ATRuns superior with this form serves as a vehicle (gaining the Vehicle subtype) for a single occupant of its size or smaller. An occupant gains total cover so long as the ATRuns superior has at least half its HP total. When the ATRuns drops below half HP, it only provides soft cover to its occupant. An ATRuns superior in this mode can communicate telepathically with its occupant.
- The occupant counts the ATRuns superior's armor check penalty and maximum Dexterity bonus to its own armor class.
- Entering or exiting an ATRuns superior in Vehicle Suit Mode counts as mounting a mount for the purpose of actions taken.
- With an occupant, both creature's act on the lowest initiative (with the higher initiative creature delaying) and have a single set of actions between them, using whatever modifier applies to each creature's action as it is taken in the set. If only one of the pair has access to an action, only that creature may use it (such as the extra attack granted during a full-attack when hasted).
- If the ATRuns or its occupant is disabled (such as by being unconscious), the other creature is considered to be carrying it for the purposes of its load.
- When targeted with an affect that allows a saving throw, both the ATRuns superior and the occupant must check against it.
- If either the ATRuns or its occupant are unwilling to coordinate, a grapple is initiated.
Side Training: At 1st level an ATRuns superior chooses one of the following:
- Guardian: A guardian's ATRuns superior levels count as effective fighter and initiator levels.
- Apprentice: An apprentice's ATRuns superior levels count as caster levels and manifester levels.
Generational Assembly (Ex): At 2nd level, an ATRuns superior is much better at manufacturing its progeny. Every hour an ATRuns superior spends assembling its offspring counts as a number of hours equal to double its HD total.
Hybrid Core (Ex): At 2nd level, an ATRuns superior may develop a secondary core (chosen from the list of cores on the racial traits list) or a modification to its existing core chosen from the list below.
- Clockwork (Long Now) Core: An ATRuns superior gains 3 HP per HD instead of 1.
- Discharge Core: An ATRuns superior's discharge damage increases to 1d6 per HD. While overcharged, an ATRuns superior takes only 50% extra damage from all damage dealt to it instead of double.
- Electric Core: An ATRuns superior no longer loses its hindrance when wet.
- Soul Core: An ATRuns superior is raised and resurrected (or reactivated when rebuilt) at no material cost.
- Thermal Core: An ATRuns superior no longer slowed from [Cold] effects.
Ability Boost (Ex): At 3rd level, an ATRuns superior gains a +2 racial bonus to an ability score of its choice.
Steady Technique (Ex): At 3rd level, as a full-round action an ATRuns superior may perform a single action that would have taken a standard action with a d20 roll. Instead of rolling, the result is considered to have been a 15 (though not a "natural 15"). Attacks made in this manner are not automatic hits and never threaten critical hits.
Unlock Potential (Ex): At 3rd level, an ATRuns superior unlocks more in-built racial potential. It may transform into or from its Secondary Mode as either a immediate action or swift action as well. Additionally, it gains two of the following:
- Deluxe Model: Gain a second Model Feature chosen from the list of model features on the racial traits list.
- Supplementary Core: Gain a supplementary core (chosen from the list of cores on the racial traits list) or modify for an existing core as listed above in Hybrid Core.
- Versatile: Access two additional Secondary Mode forms chosen from the list. When focusing for 1 hour, a versatile ATRuns superior may swap out any or all of its Secondary Modes for different ones.
|Article Balance||High +|
|Author||Ganteka Future +|
|Base Attack Bonus Progression||Moderate +|
|Class Ability||Other +|
|Class Ability Progression||Other +|
|Fortitude Save Progression||Poor +|
|Identifier||3.5e Racial Paragon Class +|
|Minimum Level||1 +|
|Reflex Save Progression||Poor +|
|Skill||Appraise +, Balance +, Bluff +, Climb +, Concentration +, Craft +, Decipher Script +, Diplomacy +, Disable Device +, Disguise +, Escape Artist +, Forgery +, Gather Information +, Handle Animal +, Heal +, Hide +, Intimidate +, Jump +, Knowledge +, Listen +, Move Silently +, Open Lock +, Perform +, Profession +, Ride +, Search +, Sense Motive +, Sleight of Hand +, Speak Language +, Spellcraft +, Spot +, Survival +, Swim +, Tumble +, Use Magic Device +, Use Rope + and Pilot +|
|Skill Points||6 +|
|Summary||A racial paragon class for the ATRuns. +|
|Title||ATRuns Superior +|
|Will Save Progression||Poor +|