Bone Crown (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Bone Crown is a dark discipline, perfected by a 'Dark Empress' for her own uses and her knights. This discipline draw upon the power of death to smite those in the way of the initiator. It is said that after the demise or natural death of the 'Dark Empress', the discipline more or less went extinct, only a few of her knights bothered to teach it. Even in modern times, the discipline is more or less forgotten, only preserved in the mind of old master and on the pages of dark tomes. That said, young would be dark knights and overlord go to great length to learn the discipline.
The discipline of Bone Crown focus on supernatural maneuvers drawing from a dark source, many of it maneuver (but not all) are either supernatural or have the [evil] tag. The typical Bone Crown disciple is of non-good alignment, but a good-aligned may see merits in it technique to 'fight fire with fire'.
Game Mechanics of the Bone Crown
Available To: Reaper
Discipline Weapons: Bastard Sword, Crescent Scythe, Great Sickle, Quickening Katana, Scythe, Sickle - The disciple of Bone Crown prefers curved blades and scythe, which appear to have a supernatural affinity with the discipline.
Saves: DC 10 + Maneuver Level + Charisma Mod
Discipline Feat: Baneful Touch
Maneuvers of the Bone Crown Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Oath of Shadow: Boost — You corrupt your weapon, allowing it to bypass DR/Good, count as magic and deal extra damage on your next successful attack.
- Rending Swipe: Strike — Make an attack against up to two adjacent creature, dealing an extra 2d6 damage on a hit.
- Spectral Beam: Strike — Make an attack, then another attack at range.
- Stance of Rending Blades: Stance — Gain an increase critical threat against foe that are flanked or flat-footed.
- Undying Persistence: Stance — You gain the ability to survive at 0 hit point and lower and can ward off death.
- Vengeful Bones: Counter — Gain DR 5/Bludgeoning against an attack, if it miss or deal no damage you counter attack.
- Blood Runs Cold: Stance — You slow down your biology to almost a stopping point, gaining many traits of a zombie.
- Death Spook: Counter [Evil] — You give an attacker a good scare, throwing off their aim and potentially spooking them.
- Lifesteal Touch: Strike [Evil] — You steal the life out of a foe to reinvigorate yourself.
- Phantasmal Scythe: Boost — You create a small ghostly scythe that strikes the same foe you do.
- Skeletal Leap: Rush [Summoning Teleportation] — You create a temporary servants, send it out and then move to it square at the end of your turn.
- Vicious Blood: Counter — You deal vile damage to foe that strike you with piercing or slashing damage, greatly increase if the attack dealt bleed.
- Bone Chariot: Rush — You conjure a chariot made of bones and rush ahead, trampling your foes.
- Rending Swipe, Greater: Strike — As Rending Swipe, except with an advantage on attack roll and dealing an extra 6d6 damage.
- Soul of the Boneman: Stance — You are healed by negative energy, and harmed by but resist positive energy.
- Spectral Wave: Strike — You make an attack, then attack in a line or cone.
- Accursed Drive: Boost [Evil] — You deal extra unholy damage and curse struck foes with a decaying curse.
- Boneguard Strike: Strike [Evil] — Make an attack that deal an extra 8d6 damage and cause the struck opponent to be dazed for 1 round.
- Call of the Boneyard: Boost — You summon a skeleton to fight for you.
- Rending Counterstrike: Counter — Whenever a creature attack you and miss in melee it provoke from you.
- Dark Rift: Strike [Teleportation] — You create a dark rift which allow you to teleport between two locations.
- Hungering Void: Stance — You gain the ability to survive at 0 hit point and lower and can ward off death.
- Reaper's Contempt: Counter [Death] — You instantly slay a weakened creature, typically in response to an ability which allowed them to avoid death.
- Spectral Trespass: Rush — You become partially incoporeal and move at high speed, dashing through walls and difficult terrain.
- Wraithblade: Strike — Make a single attack as an incorporeal touch attack, it deal heavy damage if it hit.
- Bone Hand: Strike [Evil] — You summon a skeletal hand hand to grab and squeeze the life of an enemy.
- Bonelord Strike: Strike [Evil] — You make an attack which deal extra damage and possibly stun your opponent.
- Death Comes: Rush [Teleportation] — You initiate a delayed teleport, which move you at the start of your next turn.
- Death Pulse: Counter [Evil] — You drain every creature around you
- Death Wish: Strike [Evil] — You strike a foe and deal potentially very high damage, then you deal that damage to yourself.
- Spectral Thunder: Strike — Unleash a wave of spectral energy which slash all foes around you.
- Wrath of the Empress: Boost [Evil] — You unleash a wave of force, which deal damage and push aside your opponents.
- Midnight Echoes: Stance — You create multiple copies of yourself and can initiate maneuvers and such through them.
- Skeleton Rip: Strike — You grab a creature and attempt to violently expel it skeleton out of it body, if you succeed you may animate it as a minion.
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||Bone Crown is a dark discipline, perfected by a 'Dark Empress' for her own uses and her knights. This discipline draw upon the power of death to smite those in the way of the initiator. +|
|Title||Bone Crown +|
|Weapon||Bastard Sword +, Crescent Scythe +, Great Sickle +, Quickening Katana +, Scythe + and Sickle +|