Capricorn (3.5e Monster)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Soft-spoken and reverent, the spirit of Capricorn carries itself with a dignity and sophistication that belies the bestial form it prefers to take.
Often mistaken for an unusually large satyr due to its cervine appearance, the spirit Capricorn equally detests and is detested by satyrkind due to their opposing ethical alignment. Capricorn is practical in nature and applies itself seriously, and the things that it creates are sturdy and long lasting, whether they be physical constructions like tools or buildings, or metaphysical ones such as spells or bonds of comradeship. It bonds easily with people of vision and ambition, and those that, through their actions, elevate themselves above the masses.
The spirit of Capricorn tends to dislike creatures of an overly chaotic disposition. It fights using its disciplined martial powers and uses many magics capable of creating and manipulating physical substance.
The spirit of Capricorn is treated as a 19 HD creature when targeted by HD-dependent effects, and its natural weapons and any weapons it wields are treated as lawful-aligned and magical for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
Divine Presence (Ex): Capricorn's divine presence extends out in a 30-foot emanation. Its frightful presence effect affects all non-lawful creatures, frightening those of 6 HD or less, and rendering others shaken. A DC 25 Will save negates the effects.
Domain: The spirit of Capricorn has access to its own personal Capricorn Domain. It may grant access to the domain and its special domain power to mortal followers. Of this domain, the spirit of Capricorn may cast the first five spells at will, the 6th and 7th spell 3 times per day, and the 8th and 9th spell once per day.
Maneuver-Like Abilities (Ex): Capricorn possesses several unique maneuver-like abilities. It may choose to spend one round to recover an expended maneuver. During this recovery round it may make only a single move action (with or without an attack action), or a full attack. It may use any of its special stances at will.
- Dash: Counter—As an immediate action, the spirit of Capricorn may move up to half its land speed (30 feet) in response to an attack, effect, or special attack that would include it in its area or list of targets. If Capricorn succeeds on a special Reflex save, any damage or effect created by the attack or special attack is negated. For basic attacks, the DC for this save is 10 + half the attacker's BAB + the attacker's Strength or Dexterity bonus, whichever was used in the attack roll. For spells and other special attacks, this DC is equal to the DC of the special attack (or the DC that the special attack would have if it allowed one). Even on a failed save, any damage the attack or special attack would deal is halved. The spirit of Capricorn may still save normally against a special attack if it fails this special Reflex save.
- Headbutt: Attack action or Counter—If used as an attack action, Capricorn performs one of its unarmed strikes for the round with its head. If this attack hits its target, the target must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or fall prone and become stunned for 2 rounds. If used as a counter, Capricorn may make a headbutt against a creature within its reach as an immediate action in response to a spell, power, maneuver or other standard action special attack being used. If the creature takes damage from the heatbutt and fails its save, the special attack immediately fails. The save DC is Strength based.
- Mobility: Stance—While active, the spirit of Capricorn's land speed is halved to 30 feet, but it is treated as having freedom of movement. If it uses the run or charge option or otherwise moves more than 30 feet in the round (including out-of-turn movement), the stance is broken.
Regeneration (Ex): Chaotic-aligned magical weapons and spells with the Chaotic descriptor deal normal damage to the spirit of Capricorn. If Capricorn loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. Capricorn can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump.
Spell-Like Abilities: At will—create water, shatter, wood shape; 3/day—animate objects, stone shape, stoneskin; 1/day—flesh to stone (DC 21), stone to flesh (DC 21). Caster level 17th. Capricorn's spell-like abilities count as divine. Save DCs are Charisma-based.
This is the domain granted by Capricorn, one of the twelve Zodiac spirits. Its abilities center around creation, animalistic aspects, and enhancement of matter, magic and self.
Your spells last long and are hard to get rid of. The Dispel DC of your spells is 2 higher, and a number of times equal to your Wisdom bonus per day, you can apply the Extend Spell metamagic to a spell without requiring a higher-level spell slot. Spells from this domain are automatically extended.
Capricorn Domain Spells
- Surefooted strideSpC
- Make whole
- Minor creation
- Aspect of the werebeastRoE
- Major creation
- Chasing perfectionPHb2
- Enspell field
- Greater stone metamorphosisUnd
- To be filled in.
|Alignment||Lawful neutral +|
|Challenge Rating||17 +|
|Environment||The astral plane +|
|Identifier||3.5e Monster +|
|Level Adjustment||— +|
|Subtype||Lawful +, True Celestial + and Zodiac +|
|Summary||This is the domain granted by Capricorn, one of the twelve Zodiac spirits. +|