Dancing Goddess (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Twirling in battle to the beat of some primal heart, the Dancing Goddess style lets you dance across the battlefield, dodging blows and countering with whirling blades in perfect dizzying tempo.
Developed by worshipers of a multi-armed goddess, they sought to replicate her eternal dance. Dances which create, dances which protect, and dances that destroy and ultimately symbolize the eternal cycle of creation and destruction. The practice eventually spread out to non-worshipers by traveling bards and other performers enchanted by the beautiful dance techniques and poses, as well as its usefulness in a fight. Developed after the fall of the Temple of Nine Swords, it never came into official use but is passed on through bards and other performers of the arts.
The dancing of this discipline is as spiritual as it is martial, and some of the higher level abilities draw on the power of the goddess herself for supernatural effects. Because of this spiritual connection, it is best suited for crusaders and swordsages. The weapons associated with this discipline are those of the goddess; falchions, rapiers, scimitars, whips, and any light slashing weapon. Practitioners favor strong dexterity over raw strength, and the skill associated is Perform (Dance) (Cha).
A crusaderToB or swordsageToB may replace one of his disciplines known with the Dancing Goddess discipline.
- 1 Game Mechanics of the Dancing Goddess
- 2 Maneuvers of the Dancing Goddess Discipline
Game Mechanics of the Dancing Goddess
Available To: Crusader, Swordsage
Discipline Weapons: Falchion, Rapiers, Scimitars, Whips, and any light slashing weapon. - The dancing blade is both traditional to the style and optimal to keep the beat flowing, cutting through all your opponents.
Saves: 10 + maneuver level + Dexterity
Legacy Weapon: Nataraja
Maneuver Granting Item: Dancing Goddess Bracelets
Discipline Feat: Eternal Dancer
Tactical Feat: Dancer of the Dais
Maneuvers of the Dancing Goddess Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Dance of Laysa: Stance — Use Perform for Balance and Tumble checks, gain AC while moving.
- Dancing Ribbon Strike: Strike — Attack with +2 to hit, and save vs 20% miss chance for 1 round.
- Divine Wind Flurry: Boost — Make an extra attack, but all attacks are at -2.
- Grace of the Goddess: Stance — You gain Weapon Finesse, or additional benefits if you already possess the feat.
- Loosened Tresses: Counter — If your are attacked and are missed, you can counter with a trip attack.
- Bounding Dance: Rush — Bound around the battlefield, avoiding attacks of opportunity.
- Inspirational Dance: Boost — Grant a brief morale bonus for allies to attack and saves against fear.
- Mudra Parry: Counter — Gain your Perform check as your AC against one attack.
- Twisted Curl: Strike — You can make a charge attack which is not in a straight line.
- Unending Blade: Counter — Gain Great Cleave with a 5 foot step between each attack.
- Broken Step: Counter — If an opponent charges you, snap out at them and disrupt their focus.
- Dance of Death: Strike — Make a Whirlwind Attack as a standard action.
- Divine Aureole: Stance — Gain a 20% miss chance so long as you have some manner of cloak.
- Mudra Liberation: Boost — Move through enemy squares as if they were unoccupied, and ignore difficult terrain for 1 round.
- Cloaked in Blades: Counter — Gain a large bonus to AC depending on how many enemies are threatening you.
- Dance of Divine Blessing: Counter — Immediate aid another with massive bonuses.
- Dancing Flag Strike: Strike — Attack with +4 to hit, and save vs 50% miss chance for 1 round.
- Divine Dash: Rush — You move toward an ally at an incredible speed, not provoking attack of opportunities.
- Steady Beat: Boost — Make all your attacks at your maximum attack bonus.
- Waltz of Slight Sleight: Boost [X-Discipline] — DCs and opposed checks are more suited to your build.
- Agni's Blades of Destruction: Stance — Four force weapons float around you and attack.
- Divine Storm Flurry: Boost — Make two extra attacks, but all attacks are at -2.
- Divine Wind Blade: Strike — Slash your opponents with a cutting wind.
- Missing Step: Counter — Make a Perform check to move out of range of an attack or spell.
- Dais of Protection: Counter — Blow away area effects out to a 10 foot radius.
- Dais of the Heavens: Boost — Gain air walk for 5 rounds.
- Dance of Great Destruction: Strike — Make a full attack Whirlwind Attack as a full attack action.
- Heavenly Nimbus: Boost — Gain the effect of displacement for 5 rounds by obscuring yourself with your cloak.
- Jitterbug: Boost [X-Discipline Time] — Convert 1 move action into 2 swift actions or 1 standard action.
- Dance of Tandava: Stance — Gain pounce and full attack after a charge.
- Karmatic Retort: Counter — If you are attacked, you may immediately attack right back.
- Overwhelming Rotation: Strike — Attack and force a save vs daze for 1d4 rounds. Even on a successful save they are confused for 1 round.
- Untouchable Dance: Boost — Raise your AC to infinite for 1 round, but then become staggered.
- Cosmic Dance of Eternity: Stance — Gain freedom of movement while in this stance.
- Cosmic Tornado Blade: Strike — Release a powerful tornado that can throw opponents high in the air.
- Rhythmic Blade Clash: Stance — Parry up to your BAB in attacks, at the cost of your attack next round.
- Thousand Demon Blade: Strike [Force] — Duplicate the effects of blade barrier.
- Dais of Salvation: Boost — Be completely invincible for 1 round.
- Dance of the Apocalypse: Strike — Make a full attack Whirlwind Attack as a full attack action to all creatures within your move speed.
|Class||Crusader + and Swordsage +|
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Rated By||MisterSinister + and Gr7mm Bobb +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Twirling in battle to the beat of some primal heart, the Dancing Goddess style lets you dance across the battlefield, dodging blows and countering with whirling blades in perfect dizzying tempo. +|
|Title||Dancing Goddess +|
|Weapon||Falchion +, Rapiers +, Scimitars +, Whips + and and any light slashing weapon. +|