Drillbee Infestation (3.5e Spell)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Conjuration (Summoning) / Necromancy [Animal]|
|Level:||Bee 7, Druid 7, Sorcerer/Wizard 7|
|Components:||V, S, M|
|Casting time:||1 standard action|
|Range:||Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)|
|Effect:||Up to one drillbee per caster level|
|Duration:||Instantaneous and 1 round/level|
|Saving Throw:||Fortitude negates; see text|
Don't call them beedrills you fool, do you want to summon the lawyer ninjas of Ynten-Oh?
You conjure up a swarm of stinging insects with drill-like stingers which deal 1d6 points of magic piercing damage. You get one insect per caster level, and can project them as a ranged touch attack. You can choose to split the damage up however you wish. For example, a 20th-level caster (20d6) can focus it all on one target, split it 10d6/10d6 to two targets, or 15d6/4d6/1d6, or any other combination. There is no save on the damage.
However, the real insidious nature appears once a creature is hit and takes at least 1 point of damage from a drillbee. They must then make a Fortitude save or have the insect bore into their body, rendering them sickened and infested with a drillbee burrowing through their body. They remain sickened and infested for 1 round/level. As a standard action, you can cause any number of the following status effects in infested creatures in range.
- Cripple Structure: You cause excessive bleeding and internal damage. Any attacks against the creature increase their critical threat range by 2 (applied after effects such as keen or Improved Critical) and a +10 to confirmed critical threats. If the creature is immune to critical hits, they lose this immunity. No save.
- Internal Bleeding: You tear up their insides. They take as much dice of damage as they were originally hit with, without an attack roll. For example, if you hit them with 13d6 dice worth of damage, they now take 13d6 damage. This damage bypasses all damage reduction, resistances, and counts as the substance needed to bypass regeneration (if applicable). No save.
- Nauseating Pain: The creature is nauseated instead of sickened. They get a Fortitude save to negate.
- Painful Disruption: You cause nerve damage and throw off their attacks. They take a −8 to attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks, and ability checks. They get a Fortitude save to halve the penalty.
- Possessed Body: You can force a move action in the creature, expending their move action and provoking as needed. They still have control of their body otherwise. They get a Fortitude save to negate.
Each status effect lasts 1 round (or instant for internal bleeding). Each time you take a standard action to focus on this spell, you can choose a different status to apply to infested targets.
Material Component: A pile of screws or small spines.
|Article Balance||High +|
|Component||V +, S + and M +|
|Identifier||3.5e Spell +|
|Level||Bee 7 +, Druid 7 + and Sorcerer/Wizard 7 +|
|Rated By||Leziad + and Luigifan18 +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|School||Conjuration + and Necromancy +|
|Summary||Summon a swarm of drill-tipped bees which bore into the bodies of those they injure and cause internal problems. +|
|Title||Drillbee Infestation +|