Eternal Glacier (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Eternal Glacier is a martial discipline invented by the barbarians of the frozen lands, who draw their power from, and emulate, the tundras and glaciers of their homes. The discipline reflects this, emphasizing unavoidable and unstoppable movements, building up power to crush their enemies, while maintaining the implacable strength of the glacier for themselves. These movements allow their warriors to channel the supernatural power of their glacier homes, freezing their enemies in their tracks.
Swordsages may train Eternal Glacier by losing access to the Desert Wind discipline. Despite its supernatural nature, Warblades may also train the discipline, losing Iron Heart in the bargain. Any experienced martial adept who seeks out a master of the discipline can learn it from them without losing access to any other disciplines.
The Eternal Glacier discipline favors the greataxe, battle axe, glaive, light and heavy pick, and warhammer. Survival is the key skill for Eternal Glacier, providing its master with the strength needed for the glacier.
- 1 Game Mechanics of the Eternal Glacier
- 2 Maneuvers of the Eternal Glacier Discipline
- 3 Notes on past work
Game Mechanics of the Eternal Glacier
Available To: Swordsage, Warblade, Any (special)
Maneuvers of the Eternal Glacier Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Crushing Wall: Strike — Attack two adjacent opponents
- Glacial Endurance: Stance [Cold] — Gain Endure Elements effect and cold resistance based on Survival ranks
- Icy Blade: Boost [Cold] — Attacks do bonus cold damage
- Slick Barrier: Counter — Trip a creature trying to move past you
- Snowfall Shield: Stance — Gain recoverable temporary hit points
- Freezing Blood: Counter — Fatigue attacker
- Ice Hammer: Strike — Deals damage and weakens defenses
- Rollout: Rush [Earth X-Discipline] — Roll down a mountain and become like a boulder.
- Advancing Wall: Strike — Attack and Bull Rush an enemy
- Chill Bones: Strike [Cold] — Attack induces cold vulnerability
- Glacial Patience: Stance — Soften cold and physical attacks, use Survival for saves against cold
- Rimed Armor: Boost [Cold] — Gain damage reduction 5/- as long as not attacked with fire
- Avalanche Charge: Strike — Overrun everything as part of a charge and do damage
- Collapsing Drift: Boost — Attacks halve enemy movement speed
- Crumbling Wall: Boost — Attack all creatures that don't attack you, bonus for those that have
- Winter's Blade: Boost — Attacks do bonus cold damage
- Breath of Long Winter: Stance [Air Cold] — Surround yourself in a freezing blizzard which protects you from harm and empowers your own chill.
- Embrittle Bones: Strike — Attack causes enemy to take increased physical damage, cold damage refreshes duration and fatigues
- Pressing Wall: Strike — Advance and attack all enemies you pass, those hit save or fatigued
- Bonechilling Wind Guard: Boost [Cold] — Creatures that attack you take cold damage and become fatigued.
- Foul Frost: Strike [Cold Evil X-Discipline] — Strike your foe with a blow that freezes the soul.
- Icy Burial: Strike — Attack immobilizes creature and takes away its damage reduction, reduces armor/natural armor AC
- Permafrost Stance: Stance [Cold] — Gain damage reduction 5/adamantite and [Cold] subtype
- Antarctic Blade: Boost [Cold] — Attacks do bonus cold damage
- Drumlin Wall: Strike — Advance and attack all enemies you pass, those hit are moved with you
- Shattering Strike: Strike — Attack reduces AC and removes damage reduction
- Avalanche Surge: Strike — Charge through a group of enemies, damaging all of them
- Morningfrost Stance: Stance — Gain regeneration bypassed only by fire damage and large attacks
- Arctic Winter Strike: Strike [Cold] — Attack deals 3d6 dexterity damage
Notes on past work
Some of the maneuvers here were cannibalized from the Glacial Chill discipline in my previous project on the OoTS forums. I believe that the Eternal Glacier version of the discipline holds together much better.
|Class||Swordsage +, Warblade + and Any (special) +|
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Rated By||Virtual Flash Freezer +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Summary||Eternal Glacier is a martial discipline in … |
Eternal Glacier is a martial discipline invented by the barbarians of the frozen lands, who draw their power from, and emulate, the tundras and glaciers of their homes. The discipline reflects this, emphasizing unavoidable and unstoppable movements, building up power to crush their enemies, while maintaining the implacable strength of the glacier for themselves. These movements allow their warriors to channel the supernatural power of their glacier homes, freezing their enemies in their tracks.s, freezing their enemies in their tracks. +
|Title||Eternal Glacier +|
|Weapon||Greataxe +, Battle Axe +, Glaive +, Light Pick +, Heavy Pick + and Warhammer +|