Ivory (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
When deeka crossbreed with humans, the resultant offspring are known as ivories. Due to "hybrid vigor" (an occurrence between two closely related species, where offspring are tougher than either parent species), these half-breeds possess some of the strengths of their parents as well as abilities all their own. Ivories are also slightly longer lived than their parent races.
Ivories raised in deekan society, tend to behave more like their deeka parent (tending toward lawfulness). However, when raised outside of deekan culture, they tend to be reserved and thoughtful with perseverance and determination, driven by their ambitions and varied outlooks.
Ivories have sleek, ivory-hued skin, striking platinum-blonde hair and cold, pale eyes. They retain the small clavicle protuberances of their deekan parentage. They grow to slightly over-tall human height with a statuesque mien. They bear superficial resemblances to celestials and aasimars.
Land & Culture
With no distinct claims of land, ivories often live in and among the territories of humans, deeka and other cosmopolitan settlements. Their historically low population count has afforded them only the barest identifiable culture, and this is only due in part to well known ivory figures who's reputations have created expectations and stereotypes. Many folk know of ivories by their indomitable fortitude and efforts to carve themselves a place in the world. Some ivories turn to places of service and duty, such as militaries and churches, to fit in.
Ivories often possess names from either of their bloodlines, depending on who they were raised with. If orphaned, ivories are often named after celestial beings and angels and are taught (or learn) to speak Celestial instead of Deeka.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Ivories are strong, nimble and durable.
- Humanoid (Deeka, Human): Ivories are considered human and deeka due to their heritage.
- Medium: As Medium-sized creatures, ivories have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Ivory base land speed is 30 feet.
- Bright-light Vision (Su): Ivories are able to see in conditions of bright or blinding light without any difficulty. Dazzling and magical blindness has no effect on them.
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level. An ivory may choose any single "usable untrained" skill to be a class skill for all his HD.
- Racial Skills: +2 Jump, +2 Perform (sing). These skills are class skills for all his HD.
- Endurance and Diehard: Ivories gain Endurance and Diehard as racial bonus feats.
- Delay Effect (Su): An ivory can delay the onset of magical effects (regardless if a save is allowed) targeted on him as an immediate action by making a level check (his HD total +1d20) opposed by a caster level check (the caster's caster level + 1d20). If he succeeds, he may delay the effect for a number of rounds equal to his Constitution bonus (minimum of 1). He may only delay one effect at a time. If he attempts to delay another, the first effect immediately activates.
- Determination (Ex): While at HP equal to or fewer than his ECL, he may double-roll a d20 roll once per round, taking his choice of the two results.
- obedient light: 1/hour, quickened, still, silent—Caster level is equal to effective character level. The save DC is Charisma-based. The duration of the spell is changed to "permanent", though he may have only 1 such obedient light at a time.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Deeka.
- Bonus Languages: Auran, Celestial, Elven, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +1
- Effective Character Level: 2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+3d20 years|
|Sex||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||95 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
Races of Rom
The races from Rom:
|Author||Ganteka Future +|
|Effective Character Level||2 +|
|Favored Class||Any +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||1 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Strength +, +2 Dexterity + and +2 Constitution +|
|Subtype||Deeka + and Human +|
|Summary||Half human-deeka. +|