Planarblood Elf (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
- 1 Planarblood Elf
- 1.1 Personality
- 1.2 Physical Description
- 1.3 Relations
- 1.4 Alignment
- 1.5 Lands
- 1.6 Religion
- 1.7 Language
- 1.8 Names
- 1.9 Racial Traits
- 1.9.1 Firetongue Elves
- 1.9.2 Forge Elves
- 1.9.3 Marble Elves
- 1.9.4 Bog Elves
- 1.9.5 Pearl Elves
- 1.9.6 Frostrime Elves
- 1.9.7 Featherlight Elves
- 1.9.8 Stormchild Elves
- 1.9.9 Plus Elves
- 1.9.10 Minus Elves
- 1.9.11 Prismatic Elves
- 1.9.12 Diamond Elves
- 1.9.13 Nimbus Elves
- 1.9.14 Noise Elves
- 1.9.15 Ashen Elves
- 1.9.16 Wasteland Elves
- 1.9.17 Brine Elves
- 1.9.18 Void Elves
- 1.10 Vital Statistics
Most elves have some obscure distant relation to fey, but planarblood elves stem their origins from elemental spirits of the inner planes. As gensai are to humans, planarblood elves are to elvenkind, with the power of the planes inside them. There is a planarblood elf for every plane, known as the firetongue (fire), forge (magma), marble (earth), bog (ooze), pearl (water), frostrime (ice), featherlight (air), stormchild (lightning), plus (positive), minus (negative), prismatic (light), diamond (crystal), nimbus (steam), noise (sound), ashen (ash), wasteland (dust), brine (salt), and void (vacuum) elves.
Firetongue Elves: Hotblooded both literally and figuratively, everything a firetongue elf does is done with passion, style, and for the sake of showing off. A firetongue elf usually has unique quirks or hobbies in which they focus their attentions upon. Their strong personalities and energies make them very social amongst others.
Forge Elves: Serious and dedicated, forge elves have almost a dwarven mentality. They are very creative, but express their asperations through hard work and focus. Unusual for elves, they make excellent craftsmen and would rather work in underground forges than dance in the forest.
Marble Elves: Pragmatic and wise, marble elves are deep thinkers who are slow to action. They appreciate everything thing done thoughtfully, and are stubborn and dedicated when they finally do act. They make the most loyal of friends and the most persistant of enemies.
Bog Elves: Bog elves are a shy and secrative elf who has grown to live within swamps and bogs. Masterful hunters, they are patient and fierce, using hit and run tactics and natural traps. They come off as unfriendly to others due to their disinterest in the occurances of others around them.
Pearl Elves: Playful aquatic elves of the coastline, they have a warm and bubbly personality and a childlike fey-like innocence which has brought disaster to them or others before. They are sometimes confused with sirans, but while they often cause trouble their actions are rarely malicious. They are known to have short attention spans.
Frostrime Elves: Serious and logical elves from the frozen lands, they believe a life of logic and suppressed emotion is best. While they come off as cold (no pun intended), they are not evil and their efforts do gain them a peaceful orderly society. They do not get along with firetongued elves, whose bravado clashes with their stoicness.
Featherlight Elves: Proud and cheerful, featherlight elves have a connection to wind and are believed to be distantly related to raptorians. While they cannot fly, they often try to and use magic or scientific gadgetry to obtain their dreams of flight and freedom. They have a very loose society, tied together only by common goal.
Stormchild Elves: Stormchild elves have an explosive personality prone to sudden outbreaks of emotion from an otherwise calm and collected exterior. They dabble in extremes, giving it their all or no effort at all. They are said to have poor attention spans, but when they focus they truely focus.
Plus Elves: Vibrant and lively, plus elves are rare elves connected to positive energy. They do everything to the extreme, perfectionists who often try to tackle far too much. When a plus elf cooks dinner, he can't simply make dinner but a feast. When a plus elf fights, he won't stop until victory is absolute. Even when a plus elf trances, by god if it won't be the best trance ever. Such is the way of the plus elves.
Minus Elves: Minus elves are connected to negative energy, giving them an intense greed and begrudging hate of others. Misanthropic and cruel, they prefer to take from others rather than create for themselves. Their motto is to serve the self, and that this is the basis of all life.
Prismatic Elves: Prismatic elves love attention, and often have large egoes because of it. They seek positions of social power, or perform acts of bravado and great risk for the affections of the world. More sinister-minded prismatic elves might pursue evil interests for negative attention because any press is good press. They are not ones for subtle action.
Diamond Elves: Stubborn and single-minded, diamond elves never lose focus on a task they put themselves to. Like the marble elves they are slow to act, but it is not due to overthinking a situation. Rather they build up a desire or grudge until they choose to act upon it, and then they never slow down.
Nimbus Elves: Dreamers and philosophers, nimbus elves are the classic hippie elf who is simultaneously harmless and supposedly useless. Lazy and slow to act, they nevertheless do possess great insight in their endless thinking. They often create ideas which fuel new revolutions, though many of their ponderings tend to be bunk.
Noise Elves: To the noise elf, life is a constant rave. Obsessive partygoers, a noise elf seeks to relish enjoyment and sensation to its fullest potential. Evil-minded noise elves are terrible sadists and hedonists, and more benign noise elves become the greatest artists, performers, and atheletes of their age.
Ashen Elves: Ashen elves have a pessimistic outlook on life. They see everything as in a state of decay, that entropy is winning and ultimately all things are temporary. Perhaps for this reason they seek to gain the maximum use out of what they do, and are dissapointed when they are unable to use things to their fullest. They come off as wasteful, but it is out of a desire to use what will soon be gone by other forces.
Wasteland Elves: Elves from the barren wastes and deserts, they are serious survivalists who are uncompromising and merciless in their quest to survive. Xenophobic and paranoid, their mistrust serves them well in the wild but less so in the company of others.
Brine Elves: Brine elves are bitter and angry elves who were pushed from life from the sea and now inhabit small brine pools and poisonous lakes by volcanos. They gain grudges easily and make it their life work to despoil the lives of those they hate. Given the long lives of elves, this is a very dangerous thing for their enemies.
Void Elves: Void elves are unnerving to be around, speaking with an air most unnatural and a creepy detachment from the world around them. Impossible to know truely, a void elf is a planner, but he never lets others know that things have gone just as the void elf has planned it. Void elves prefer to work in the background, and let the world work for them.
Firetongue Elves: Firetongue elves possess bright hair in flaming reds, orange, gold, and white. Their eyes burn with intense saturated colors and their skin tones vary from light bronze to dark browns and grays. Ripples of heat shimmer from their mouths, and they have an unusually high internal body temperature.
Forge Elves: Forge elves have serious expressions and sharp, angular features. Their hair comes in metallic colors such as silver, gold, copper, gunmetal black, and grays. Skin colors vary from fair, dark brown, and various shades of gray. Their eyes are bright and sparkle like precious jewels. They tend to be more buff their your standard elf, with wide powerful shoulders.
Marble Elves: Marble elves have an unusual skin texture and pattern resembling that of marble, and come in various earth-tones and marble white. Hair often is long with shades of brown or green and resembles vines and roots. Eyes have a distinct glossy sheen of polished stone. They are shorter than most elves, and tend to have unusually heavy bodies for their size due to their strong mineral-rich bones.
Bog Elves: Bog elves have a sickly yellow or green cast to their skin which is often slightly mottled and unhealthy anyways, with thick stringy hair of blacks, browns, greens, and dull blues. Their eyes are dull except for the occational bog elf with bright yellow eyes, and they shine in the moonlight like a cat. They tend to have thin gaunt bodies which hide their actual strength.
Pearl Elves: Pearl elves are shorter and smaller than most elves, having youthful and slim bodies that are coated in a thin layer of mucus to protect them while swimming. Gills hide behind their unusually wide ears, and they have webbed feet, fingers, and flaps between joints. Their hair is slick and oily with a constantly wet sheen. Hair and skin color vary wildly, often mimicking the patterns of fish in their local area. Skin often has patterns of different colors on several parts of their body. They also possess a second clear eyelid which closes when swimming.
Frostrime Elves: Tall and imposing with faces in perpetual slight frown, frostrime elves are calculating and cool. They usually keep short or bowl-cut hair in blacks, grays, whites, and blues. Their skin tends from fair to icy blue and white, and small sparkling crystals are imbedded naturally in their skin. Their eyes tend towards color colors as well, with silvers and grays being common.
Featherlight Elves: Thin and limber, featherlight elves always seem to have the wind in their hair and light of step. They have a faint blue palour to their bodies, unusually long and flexible ears, and long fingers and toes. Skin colors are normal for elves (save the blue tint) but hair and eye colors tend to blues, greens, white, golds, and grays.
Stormchild Elves: Stormchild elves have sharp contrast, usually possessing pitch black or purple hair with bright gold, orange, or red eyes or the reverse of bright garish hair with dark eyes and skin. Skin tones vary as normal for elves, but also include dark purple. They have an imposing presence.
Plus Elves: Plus elves appear as normal elves if their hues and saturations were maximized. A plus elf never hair black or gray tones, always appearing as a garish combination such as bronze skin, lime green hair, and bright red eyes. Some even possess naturally rainbow hair or eyes. Their ears are unusually long for elves. They appear healthy and fit, even those who do not work out (which for a plus elf, is nearly never).
Minus Elves: Minus elves are sometimes confused for drow, almost universally possessing dark skin in grays, blacks, purples, and blue. Unlike drow their hair is also usually a dark color, no more bright than a base gray, and their eyes burn an unnatural red. They have nearly vampiric fangs and a cruel demenour.
Prismatic Elves: Similar to plus elves, prismatic elves also tend towards bright colors and possess wild, even rainbow, hair styles. However nearly all prismatic elves are pale skinned, and they seem to eminate light slightly. They ears are of normal size, and their colors, while bright, tend to match closer together rather than clashing.
Diamond Elves: Diamond elves have pieces of crystal which naturally grows on their bodies, typically forming a crystal third eye, horns, or spurs. They have glossy bright eyes which shine like jewels, and short hair. Their skin tones vary as normal for elves. They need a diet high in minerals, and most consume foods heavy in salt.
Nimbus Elves:Nimbus elves are naturally relaxed, with long hair which tends to cover their eyes. Skin tones vary as normal for elves, as does hair colors. Their eyes are all smokey and glazed, and as they age their eyes gloss over to a blank white or pastel color. It does not inhibit their vision in any way. When they speak, small puffs of water vapor escape their lips as if they were in a cold environment.
Noise Elves: Noise elves have unusually large and furred ears which can twitch and move slightly like rabbit ears. They have a keen sense of hearing. Their eyes and skin tones vary as normal for elves otherwise. With their garish lifestyles, they tend to wear bright clothing to make up for their otherwise "normal" appearance.
Ashen Elves: Ashen Elves have skin of ash white, gray, or black and eyes of dull red, orange, or gold and have dull hair and eye colors which do not stand out well. Their blood is unusually bright and glows slightly as if aflame, but it is all hidden under their non-contrasted exterior.
Wasteland Elves: Wasteland elves have sandy earth-tone skin and hair which have low contrast to better blend in with their wasteland environments. Eyes are nearly universally gray or some dark color. Their ears are longer than most elves, and move slightly like noise elves, but lack fur. In fact, wasteland elves tend to have short hair and are fairly hairless elsewhere.
Brine Elves: Brine elves have unusual skin tones of dark blue, green, gray, and purple with white and silver hair and bright aquamarine or green eyes. They are sometimes confused with unusually colored drow because of it. Like frostrime elves, they too possess a layer of small crystals within their skin, causing them to shimmer slightly. Albino brine elves are unusually common, leading to disturbing elves which are nearly all white save for their eyes.
Void Elves: Void elves appear as normal elves with unusally disturbing, gaunt appearance. They tend to have deep wrinkles and generally off appearance, running into the uncanny valley for many races. Their eyes are gray, their skin off-hue, and their hair short and dull. They speak with a hollow voice which echoes, and are often raspy and seemingly short of breath.
Firetongue Elves: Firetongue elves love the company of others and for some, this is fine. However their cheer and desires often clash with more lawful societies such as dwarves. Unusually they make great company with orcs.
Forge Elves: Serious and determined, they find more friends with dwarves than most elves. They enjoy lawful societies which allow them to use their creativity and work, and stay within civilized areas.
Marble Elves: Marble elves have stable relations with many mountainous and earth races, often making longstanding contacts with others. They try to make peace with others and band together with allies for strength. They tend to ignore the going ones of other races, at least until they become a problem. Because they are slow to act, their problems usually go away on their own without needing to interfere.
Bog Elves: Bog elves tend to stay by themselves in their own communities, ignoring the going on of the world when possible. To them, others have little to offer beyond trade. They are soldily neutral to the presence of others, until shown otherwise.
Pearl Elves: Pearl elves attempt to be friends to everyone, and in a sea which is dominated largely by the evil sahaugin this is a dangerous proposition indeed. Evil creatures may desire to trick the pearl elves into submission, which can work until the pearl elves lose interest. Due to their unreliability, most see pearl elves as the benign fey of the sea.
Frostrime Elves: Frostrime elves support a solidly neutral and logical approach to everything. While not the most friendly lot, they do have good relations to many species, often acting as middlemen between two races at each others throats. As middlemen, they often are unable to help others in the interest of the big picture where short term action would harm the long term goal.
Featherlight Elves: Featherlight elves are capricious and inventive, aspects which allow them to get along with fey and gnomes well. They are found equally in wilderness and urban life, using magic or science respectively in their goals. They are proud of their achievements and gladly show off for others.
Stormchild Elves: Stormchild elves are tempermental and quick to act, making them unstable allies which to turn on you. These tends to leave them alone in the world, neither hated or loved but rather excluded. Weather the stormchild embraces their solitude or goes off seeking friendship is very much an individual choice.
Plus Elves: Plus elves must do everything to the extreme, and this goes towards establishing friendly relations. They certainly try, and often succeed, but it leads them to being easily abused and manipulated by more evil creatures. Their one exception is for those who employ the undead and minus elves, both which they have an ever-burning hatred for.
Minus Elves: Minus elves are greedy and have few friends, for they are parasites on the backs of other civilizations. The minus elves are aware of this, but see no problem with it stating that many a successful species are parasites and what is the cycle of life but endless feeding of one creature on another. They have a very survival of the fittest outlook when it comes to society, and this makes them merciless.
Prismatic Elves: Socalite extraordinaries, prismatic elves are a very urban elf who loves attention. Thus it encourages him to be liked by others, though some gain their attention by being hated. The anathema for a prismatic elf is those who ignore their presence.
Diamond Elves: Diamond elves work well with lawful societies, especially those focused on justice. As long as they are given something beneficial they can place their efforts into they are content. Chaotic societies and the whims of nature are not for them.
Nimbus Elves: Nimbus elves can be found in civilization or the wild, but always in a position in the comfort and protection of others. They do not work well on their own, and seek safety in numbers. They try to establish good relations in places of trade, and always attempt to make friends with a new face regardless of race.
Noise Elves: Noise elves are boisterous and excitable, and run best in chaotic societies which will not object to their efforts. Unusually friendly with orcs, noise elves have a slight reputation as villians given that chaotic evil creatures grant the most freedom to do what they wish, regardless of the safety of others.
Ashen Elves: Ashen elves do not make friends easily, and even when they do they come off as pessimistic and discouraging. They accept that friendships and alliances are temporary, that a friend today is an enemy tomorrow. Yet this same outlooks allows them to forgive their enemies fairly easily with the changing of time.
Wasteland Elves: Wasteland elves are paranoid and xenophobic, and do not make friends with others. Neutral at best and enemies at worst, wasteland elves are motivated often by fear. They would never admit it though, for appearing strong is also an aspect of survival.
Brine Elves: Brine elves are bitter and spiteful, easy to make grudges with and whose grudges last for a long time. They hold grudges from generations ago, offenses long forgotten, and so they have little for friends and many for enemies. They survive by keeping a low profile and working to despoil and ruin over a period of time.
Void Elves: Void elves do not seem to fit in wherever they go. While not malicious, they are sinister-seeming and thus are shown the door by many. Yet the void elf often has connections and knowledge, and it uses it to make deals with others to ensure compliance. They prefer to the the powers behind the throne, and keep a low profile from public view.
Firetongue Elves: With their strong convictions and their likable personalities, firetongue elves tend to be chaotic and often good.
Forge Elves: With their focused dedication crossed with a creative spirit, forge elves tend to be any lawful or true neutral.
Marble Elves: With their pondering thought and stoic decisions, marble elves tend towards neutrality in all that they do.
Bog Elves: With their disinterest in the world around them and focus on their own livelihoods, they tend to be true neutral.
Pearl Elves: With their playfulness and bubbly natures, they tend to be chaotic and often good.
Frostrime Elves: With their cold logic and suppression of emotions, they tend to be lawful neutral.
Featherlight Elves: With their capricious behavior and pride in what they do, they tend to be any chaotic alignment.
Stormchild Elves: With a tempermental nature which shifts as easily as the wind, they tend to be chaotic neutral or evil.
Plus Elves: With a desire for more and an urge for self improvement, plus elves tend to be neutral or chaotic and usually good.
Minus Elves: With an all-consuming greed and a lack of compassion, minus elves tend to be neutral and usually evil.
Prismatic Elves: With a desire to be noticed by others and a willingness to do anything, prismatic elves tend to be non-lawful.
Diamond Elves: With a stubborn iron will and a desire for justice, diamond elves tend to be lawful good.
Nimbus Elves: With a carefree additude, benign presence, and appreciation of others, nimbus elves tend to be non-lawful and non-evil.
Noise Elves: With a partygoing mentality and a desire for more, noise elves are often chaotic alignment.
Ashen Elves: With a pessimistic grim outlook and a lack of caring, ashen elves tend to be non-chaotic and non-good.
Wasteland Elves: With a xenophobic paranoia and inability to trust others, wasteland elves tend to be non-good.
Brine Elves: With an everburning hate of others and festering grudges, brine elves tend to be evil.
Void Elves: With a disturbing presence and a seeming unnatural detachment from the world, void elves tend to be any neutral alignment, and often non-good.
Planarblood elves can be found on their respective inner planes, and on the material plane in environments which are suitable for their type. Fireblood elves can be found in hot terrains, frostrime elves in arctic climates, and so forth.
Planarblood elves do not have any particular religion amongst them, worshiping the closest elven or elemental deity in tune with their chosen alignment. Gods are recognized, reversed, but rarely dedicated to the point of zealotry, making paladins and diehard clerics a little rare. Planarblood elves are much more likely to work with nature-based divine magic instead.
Planarblood elves speak Common, Elven, and one other language, usually an elemental language as defined in their racial traits.
Planarblood elves are many and usually adapt as appropriate for their surroundings; light flowing names for elves of wind, heavy brutish names for elves of earth, and all those in between.
Planarblood elves all have the following traits:
- See below for ability score changes.
- Humanoid (Elf, Planetouched): Not quite outsiders, planarblood elves nevertheless count as outsiders for spells which banish or affect outsiders. They remain vulnerable to the normal abilities of the humanoid type.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a planarblood elf has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- Planarblood elves base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A planarblood elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven.
- Bonus Languages: Auran, Aquan, Draconic, Gnome, Ignan, Orc, Sylven, and Terran.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
In addition to these racial traits they gain the following adjustments as according to there planar heritage.
- -2 Con, +2 Cha
- Firetongue elves have fire resistance 5, plus 1/2 their HD (minimum +0).
- Weapon Proficiency: Firetongue elves are automatically proficient with the scimitar, whip, falchion, and trident.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Gather Information, and Intimidate checks.
- Firetongue elves speak Ignan.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- +2 Int, -2 Cha
- Forge elves are proficient in light and medium armor, and with shields (but not tower shields). If they take a level in a class which grants medium armor proficiency, they can now move their full speed in medium armor.
- Magical Craftsman (Su): Forge elves can ignore the spell requirements when crafting a magical item, and use their character level as their caster level for the purposes of item creation and qualifying for item creation feats, but not using magical items (as such, they cannot use a wand without Use Magic Device or an actual spell list). Most forge elves focus on magical gear rather than charged items.
- Weapon Proficiency: Forge elves are automatically proficient with the light hammer, warhammer, light spiked shield, heavy spiked shield, shield bash attacks, and armor spikes.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise, Craft, and Knowledge (geography) checks.
- Forge elves speak Ignan.
- Favored Class: Wizard
- -2 Dex, +2 Con
- Marble elves have acid resistance 5, plus 1/2 their HD (minimum +0).
- Weapon Proficiency: Marble elves are automatically proficient with the light hammer, warhammer, Light Pick, Heavy Pick, and greatclub.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise, Concentration, and Sense Motive checks.
- Marble elves speak Terran.
- Favored Class: Druid
- +2 Con, -2 Cha
- Bog elves are immune to disease and poison.
- Weapon Proficiency: Bog elves are automatically proficient with the net, sap, bolas, and trident.
- +2 racial bonus on Disguise, Hide, Move Silently, Survival, and Swim checks.
- Bog elves speak Terran.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- -2 Str, +2 Con
- Pearl elves have the Amphibious subtype. They can breath water as well as air and have a swim speed of 40 feet.
- Pearl elves have a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against any [Water] spells.
- Weapon Proficiency: Pearl elves are automatically proficient with the net, rapier, lance, and trident.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Escape Artist, and Listen checks.
- +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. They make take 10 on their swim check even if rushed.
- Pearl elves speak Aquan.
- Favored Class: Ranger
- -2 Dex, +2 Int
- Frostrime elves have cold resistance 5, plus 1/2 their HD (minimum +0).
- Weapon Proficiency: Frostrime elves are automatically proficient with the Battleaxe, Light Pick, Heavy Pick, and greataxe.
- +2 racial bonus on Balance, Sense Motive, and Survival checks.
- Frostrime elves speak Aquan.
- Favored Class: Wizard
- +2 Dex, -2 Con
- Featherlight elves may ignore up to 10 feet of fall damage per level, and become immune to falling damage at 20 HD.
- Born to Fly (Ex): If a featherlight elf ever obtains a fly speed, either temporarly or permenantly, he improves his maneuverability by one step.
- Hover (Su): Featherlight elves may hover a few inches over the ground, allowing them to ignore difficult terrain.
- Weapon Proficiency: Featherlight elves are automatically proficient with the lance, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist, Jump, and Spot checks.
- Featherlight elves speak Auran.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- +2 Dex, -2 Con, -2 Wis, +2 Cha
- Stormchild elves have electrical resistance 5, plus 1/2 their HD (minimum +0).
- Weapon Proficiency: Stormchild elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +2 racial bonus on Intimidate, Perform, and Tumble checks.
- Stormchild elves speak Auran.
- Favored Class: Bard
- +2 Con, -2 Int, -2 Wis, +2 Cha
- Plus elves recover 1 hit point and 1 point of ability damage per hour. While they do not possess regeneration, they can reattach a severed body part instantly by holding it to the stump. They do not regrow the body part on their own. When the plus elf reaches 5 HD, they gain fast healing 2, plus an additional 1 point of fast healing every 5 HD afterward.
- Plus elves are immune to the positive energy trait of the positive energy plane. They can also breath normally while on that plane.
- Hatred (Ex): Plus elves have a +2 bonus on attack and damage against undead.
- Weapon Proficiency: Plus elves are automatically proficient with the Throwing Axe, Flail, Heavy Flail, Rapier, and Kukri.
- +2 racial bonus on Use Magic Device checks.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- -2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha
- Minus elves have Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Minus elves gain a +2 racial bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects), poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, ability drain, energy drain, fatigue, and exhaustion.
- Minus elves recieve the Tomb TaintedHoH feat for free, allowing them to heal with negative energy although they are harmed by positive energy.
- Minus elves are immune to the negative energy trait of the negative energy plane. They can also breath normally while on that plane.
- Energy Drain Resistance (Ex): Minus elves may ignore 1 negative level from energy drain, as if it was damage reduction or energy resistance. This resistance rises by 1 point at 5 HD and every five levels after.
- Weapon Proficiency: Minus elves are automatically proficient with the Scythe, Battleaxe, Greataxe, and Scimitar.
- +2 racial bonus on Intimidate and Knowledge (religion) checks, and may make Knowledge (religion) checks made to identify undead untrained.
- Favored Class: Cleric
- -2 Str, +2 Cha
- Prismatic elves are immune to dazzling and blinding, and are immune to any damage from a [Light] spell.
- Body of Light (Su): As a swift action at will a prismatic elf can shed a dazzling pattern of lights around their bodies, and they shed light as a torch. Creatures attacking the prismatic elf suffer a -2 penalty to attack. Averting your eyes or blind creatures do not take this penalty. The effect lasts until they take a swift action to turn off the ability, and the elf takes a -8 penalty to hide checks while glowing.
- Prismatic elves have a +4 racial bonus on saves against prismatic effects, such as prismatic wall.
- Weapon Proficiency: Prismatic elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, scimitar, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise, Search, and Spot checks.
- Prismatic elves speak Ignan.
- Favored Class: Bard
- +2 Str, -2 Dex
- Diamond elves have DR/adamantine equal to half their character level (minimum 1).
- Diamond elves are affected by the shatter spell as if a crystalline creature.
- Weapon Proficiency: Diamond elves are automatically proficient with the warhammer, armor spikes, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +2 racial bonus on Appraise, Concentration, and Knowledge (select any one knowledge) checks.
- Diamond elves speak Terran.
- Favored Class: Paladin
- -2 Str, +2 Dex
- Air Purification (Ex): Nimbus elves are immune to the effect of inhaled poisons and gases such as cloudkill or acid fog. They may suppress this ability as a free action.
- Cloudy Vision (Su): A nimbus elf ignores the miss chance from concealment from fogs and cloud effects.
- Weapon Proficiency: Nimbus elves are automatically proficient with the net and sap.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy, Sense Motive, and Tumble checks.
- Nimbus elves speak Aquan.
- Favored Class: Druid
- -2 Con, +2 Cha
- Noise elves have sonic resistance 5, plus 1/2 their HD (minimum +0).
- Scream (Su): As a standard action a noise elf can defean with a breath weapon creatures in a 30 foot cone for 1 minute/level if they fail a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Cha). A noise elf must wait 1d4 rounds before using scream again.
- Weapon Proficiency: Noise elves are automatically proficient with the whip.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen and Tumble checks.
- Noise elves speak Auran.
- Favored Class: Bard
- -2 Con, +2 Wis
- Burnout (Su): An ashen elf treats fire damage as nonlethal damage instead. Fires seem to burn dimmer in the presence of an ashen elf.
- Consuming Focus (Ex): Ashen elves may deal themselves 2 points of damage to recieve a +1 bonus on an attack or save, or a +2 bonus on a skill check. They may do this as a free action.
- Weapon Proficiency: Ashen elves are automatically proficient with the flail, heavy flail, scythe, greatsword and greatclub.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot checks.
- Ashen elves speak Ignan.
- Favored Class: Cleric
- +2 Con, -2 Cha
- Survivor (Ex): A wasteland elf can go without food or drink for up to 1 month. They are also immune to dessication (including the damage from the horrid wilting spell).
- Weapon Proficiency: Wasteland elves are automatically proficient with the bolas, net, longsword, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, composite shortbow, and hand crossbow.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks.
- Wasteland elves speak Terran.
- Favored Class: Ranger
- +2 Dex, -2 Cha
- Dessication Immunity (Ex): In spite of inhabiting generally damp environments, the brine elf is unually dry biologically. They are immune to dessication damage, including the damage from the horrid wilting spell.
- Grudge (Ex): A brine elf gains one favored enemy as a ranger. If they have actual levels in ranger, this ability stacks.
- Weapon Proficiency: Ashen elves are automatically proficient with the short sword. In addition, they treat the hand crossbow and whip as martial weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on Hide, Move Silently, and Tumble checks.
- Brine elves speak Aquan.
- Favored Class: Ranger
- +2 Int, -2 Cha
- Blank Mind (Ex): Void elves are immune to the detect series of spells (including detect thoughts and any other spells with "detect" in their name, but not spells without it that detect traits such as arcane eye). They gain an additional +2 on saves against enchantment spells.
- No Breath (Ex): Void elves do not breath, and are immune to pressure damage such as from outer space or the depths of the ocean. More disturbingly, they can speak without an atmosphere, though magic effects such as silence still function as normal.
- Weapon Proficiency: Void elves are automatically proficient with the short sword. In addition, they treat the hand crossbow and whip as martial weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on Bluff, Hide, and Move Silently checks.
- Void elves speak Auran.
- Favored Class: Rogue
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 5"||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Sorcerer +, Wizard +, Druid +, Rogue +, Ranger +, Bard +, Cleric + and Paladin +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||Variable +|
|Rated By||BackHandOfFate + and Foxwarrior +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Subtype||Elf + and Planetouched +|
|Summary||Most elves have some obscure distant relation to fey, but planarblood elves stem their origins from elemental spirits of the inner planes. +|
|Title||Planarblood Elf +|