Psychic Arrow (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
The Psychic Arrow discipline is a ranged discipline which uses psychic power to focus their shots. Centuries ago, a clan of Silver Elves deep in the astral plane developed the Psychic Arrow discipline to combat the Githyanki, in the form of Ki Archers. Now, with the migration of the Silver Elves to the material, it has been adopted by many others across the planes. It is often seen in the hands of elves, who combine it with the talents of their Arcane Archers to great effect. Ki Archers are the most notable practitioners of the discipline, as they follow the original tradition developed by the Silver Elves. Many Soulbows also take up the mantle of the Psychic Arrow disciple.
Game Mechanics of the Psychic Arrow
Available To: Any
Discipline Weapons: Longbow, Shortbow (Including composite) - The Psychic Arrow discipline focuses on ki-imbued arrows. Can't have ki-imbued arrows if you're not using arrows.
Saves: 10 + Wisdom OR Intelligence bonus (Whichever is highest) + Maneuver level
Legacy Weapon: Silver Sky
Maneuver Granting Item: Psychic Arrow Crown
Discipline Feat: None, yet.
Tactical Feat: Nope.
Special: Disciples of the Psychic Arrow discipline are ranged warriors, and some of their strikes are more powerful the farther away the foe is. Others are more powerful at close range.
Maneuvers of the Psychic Arrow Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Arrow Mind: Stance — Fire in melee without provoking attacks, and threaten squares within 10ft, but take movement penalty.
- Dodge Roll: Counter — Make a Tumble check in place of a Reflex save or AC to escape an attack by tumbling up to your base speed.
- Impaler Arrow: Strike — Shoot your foe with an arrow that knocks them back and Ref save or be knocked prone; Fort save or Daze for one round if knockback throws them against an obstacle.
- Ghost Shot: Boost [Force Light] — Turn your arrows into Force effects for a brief moment.
- Shards Of Stardust: Strike [Creation] — Attack enemies in a cone, outlining invisible creatures
- Withdraw: Counter [X-Discipline] — Escape attack, vanishing from sight and leaving a mirage behind in your place.
- Tumbling Riposte: Counter — Tumble out of the way of an attack and make an attack of opportunity against your attacker that catches them flat-footed.
- Disengage: Strike — You fire an arrow that flings your target up and away from you in an arc.
- Elusive Vengeance: Counter — Tumble out of the way of an attack; Initiate a Psychic Arrow strike as an attack of opportunity against your attacker.
- Ghost Hunter Style: Stance [Force Light] — Turn all your shots into Force effects; Extra damage against undead; Take less damage from Force effects.
- Mass Impaler Arrow: Strike — As Impaler Arrow, but as a full attack.
- Sacred Silver Arrow: Strike [Good Water Light X-Discipline] — Stun an evil creature and negate its defenses.
- Mass Disengage: Strike — As Disengage, but as a full attack.
- Silver Rain: Strike [Light] — Make one attack at every enemy within the first range increment of your bow.
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||The Psychic Arrow discipline is a ranged discipline which uses psychic power to focus their shots. +|
|Title||Psychic Arrow +|
|Weapon||Longbow + and Shortbow (Including composite) +|