R'aga (3.5e Race)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A race of frog-like plants, with an affinity for water and sticky, poisonous tongues.
R'agas are very diverse from individual to individual, but common traits may be recognized in them. They are kind of reclusive, but not cold, nor xenophobic. R'agas are usually pacific, preferring a quet lifestyle and gathering the products of lakes and small creeks, such as plants, small fish and bugs.
The r'agas varies in appearence, but they share some traits. They appear as humanoid frogs, tall and slender, wearing light clothes. They tend to prefer colourful fabric, which mirrors their habitat. R'agas sport a varied complexion: they can be light blue, white, pale yellow, green water or light pink, sometimes monochrome, but more often in a patchwork. Their most notable traits are the water lily which sprouts from their head, both the flower and the large leaf, and their long, usually green, sticky tongues.
Their are quite unknown and keep to themselves, but those that come in contact with r'agas find out that r'agas are usually quite welcoming.
Neutrality is the prevalent alignment among r'agas, with a prevalent leaning towards good rather than evil, a result of their cultural pacifism.
They live in aquatic environments, usually in damp forests. They build small settlements, usually a combination of floating and submerged houses in ponds and lakes.
Ragas cultivate a personal spirituality, focusing on pacifism and self-control, occasionally giving praise to spirits and gods of nature.
They speak Sylvan as their first language, and in second place they learn Common, Elven, Gnome, Goblin or Aquan.
Their voices are croaking like the call of frogs and toads, and their name names reflect that by using a lot of cr- sounds accompanied by vowels.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution: While very agile, their health is quite shaky.
- Plant (Sapblood): Their exact origin is unknow but their are quite clearly either hyperspecialiazed plants or frogs with plant-like traits.
- Medium: As a Medium creature, a r'aga has no special bonuses or penalties due to its size.
- R'aga base land speed is 30 feet. Swim 15 feet. They gain a +8 racial modifier to Swim checks and may take 10 even when rushing.
- Jumping Legs: They gain a +2 racial bonus on Jump checks and may ignore the maximum height when doing high jumps.
- Paralyzing Tongue (Ex): Their tongue is kind of poisonous. R'agas may produce a stronger toxin and coat their tongue with it. They may do so once per day, plus an extra use every 5 HD they possess. Activating the toxin is a free action and the poison activates on their next successful attack. The victim must make a Fortitude save (DC is 15 + 1/2 HD) or be mildly paralysed for the next minute, resulting in a -2 to all checks that involve movement (attacks, physical skill and ability checks, reflex saves and initiative), as well as suffering a -10 ft to all their speed (or -5 ft if already under 20 feet). See the Sticky Tongue section for details.
- Pond Camouflage: They gain a +2 racial bonus on Hide checks which becomes a +4 in acquatic environments.
- Sticky Tongue: R'agas possess a long, retracting tongue. This is a feral weapon with the statistics presentend below, treated as a whip for any purpose (and they count as having proficienty with whips for requirements). They may also use their tongue as a grappling hook and perform grappling maneuvers with it. The tongue used a grappling hook has a length equal to its reach as a whip (usually 15 feet-4,5 meters). The tongue sticks to surfaces and they may retract themselves along it as a free action which does not provoke attacks of opportunity. They may pull grappled enemies with opposed Strength checks or a Strength check opposed to their Use Rope check. They have a racial bonus to Use Rope checks made with their tongue equal to their HD. The tongue count as a grappling hook, rope and hookshot for the purpose of requirements.
- Toxic Skin (Ex): Their skin is mildly intoxicating, resulting in a -2 to grapple checks made to grapple them with the mouth. Biting and swallowing creatures must pass the save presented in Sticky Tongue if they wan to avoid it's effects and spit the r'aga out immediately, but only if the r'aga activate it's ability. The effect lasts on the bitten r'aga for one minute.
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan
- Bonus Languages: Aquan, Common, Elven, Gnome, Goblin
- Favored Class: Monk
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Effective Character Level: 1
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
|the bluez in the dungeonv|
|Author||the bluez in the dungeon +|
|Cost||— gp +|
|Damage Type||Non-lethal bludgeoning +|
|Effective Character Level||1 +|
|Favored Class||Monk +|
|Hit Points||10 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Race +|
|Level Adjustment||0 +|
|Racial Ability Adjustments||+2 Dexterity + and -2 Constitution +|
|Size||Medium + and Light +|
|Summary||A race of frog-like plants, with an affinity for water and sticky, poisonous tongues. +|