When foreigners think of Dwarves, most picture a stereotypical image of a drunken brawler, rushing headlong into battle, screaming a strange battle cry and fighting to the death over age-old grudges, uncollected debts, or ancestral vendettas. Nori is that Dwarf.
Dwarven society is both highly democratic and highly merit-based. When someone elects someone else as a politician, that person has to go wander through the underdark until they slay a suitably badass creature (usually a dragon of some sort) and then return as a new politician. Nori was elected as a politician, but got lost wandering around and found his way to the surface by accident. This is not unusual: Nori has a direction sense somewhat similar to Ryouga.
Nori is known as The Dunkmaster in Dwarven society, and he will commonly shout "You got dunked!" at people while in combat. Attempting to explain what dunking is to a non-Dwarf will always result in hilarious failure.
Nori is a bit of a throwback to the demon stock the Dwarvan race came from. He has some demonic abilities (the Spellborg) that manifest themselves in the funniest possible way for any given situation. These include "DWARF CANNON!!!" (flight) or "HEADBUTT THE KNEES!" (exactly what it sounds like).
|male Dwarf Barbarian 17 (with Dwarven Barbarian substitution level)|
|N Medium Humanoid|
|Init/Senses||+2/Listen -1, Spot +22|
|AC|| 32, touch 12, flat-footed 30; -2 while raging|
(+12 armor, +7 shield, +2 dex)
|hp||(16d12 HD); DR 10/-*, DR 5/-, fast healing 15 (only when not raging)|
|Immune||nonlethal damage*, death effects*, stunning*, critical hits*, negative levels*, ability damage*, blind, fire, cold|
|Fort/Ref/Will||+17/+7/+6; battle hardened*, sidestep hazards*, +2 to saves*, watched by totems|
|Speed||20', fly 40' (good); combat movement +35'|
|Melee||+3 Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe +30/+28/+28 (+2 while raging), 1d10+13 (+2 while raging), 20/x3 or|
|Melee||Headbutt +25 (+20 while attacking with Waraxe) (+2 while raging), 1d8+9 (+2 while raging), 20/x2|
|Ranged||+1 Returning Trident +20 (+2 while raging), 1d8+11 (+2 while raging), 20/x2|
|Atk Options||blitz, dreadful demeanor, great blows*, rage, rage dice +8d6|
|Special Actions||stand still|
|Abilities||Str 30, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 6|
|Feats||Blitz, Dreadful Demeanor, Ghost Hunter, Great Fortitude, Shieldbearer, Stand Still, Tome, Whirlwind|
|Skills||Intimidate 20 ranks, Knowledge [Local] 6 ranks, Sense Motive 20 ranks (+19), Spot 20 ranks (+24), Survival 15 ranks (+14)|
Note: Abilities marked with an asterisk are only available when Nori is Raging.
When doing melee damage to a foe or being struck by a foe, a Barbarian may choose to enter a Rage as an immediate action. While Raging, a Barbarian gains a +2 morale bonus to hit and damage in melee combat and may apply any Rage Dice he has to his melee damage rolls. He also gains a +2 to saves, a -2 to AC, and he gains DR X/- with “X” being equal to half his Barbarian level +2 (rounded down). For example, a 1st level Barbarian has DR 2/- while Raging and a 10th level Barbarian has DR 7/- while Raging.
While Raging, a Barbarian may not cast spells, activate magic items, use spell-like abilities, or drop his weapons or shield. Rage lasts until he has neither struck an enemy for three consecutive rounds nor suffered damage from an enemy for three consecutive rounds. He may voluntarily end a Rage as a full-round action.
While Raging, a Barbarian may add these dice of damage to each of his melee attacks. These dice are not multiplied by damage multipliers, and are not applied to any bonus attacks beyond those granted by Base Attack Bonus. These dice are not sneak attack dice, and do not count as sneak attack dice for the prerequisites of prestige classes or feats.
At 3rd level, a Raging Barbarian’s mind has been closed off from distractions by the depths of his bloodlust and battle fury. While Raging, he may use his Fortitude Save in place of his Will Save. If he is under the effects of a compulsion or fear effect, he may act normally while Raging as if he was inside a protection from evil effect.
At 5th level, a Raging Barbarian learns to sidestep hazards with an intuitive and primal danger sense. While Raging, he may use his Fortitude Save in place of his Reflex Save.
At 7th level, a Raging Barbarian’s melee attacks are Great Blows. Any enemy struck by the Barbarian’s melee or thrown weapon attacks must make a Fort Save or be stunned for one round. No enemy can be targeted by this ability more than once a round, and the save DC for this ability is 10 + half the Barbarian’s HD + his Constitution modifier.
A dwarven barbarian can use their head as a natural weapon. They can headbutt for 1d8 bludgeoning damage. If they are raging, this deals rage dice and does not count against the rage dice from normal attacks.
Watched by Totems
At 13th level, a Barbarian may immediately reroll any failed save. He may do this no more than once per failed save.
At 15th level, a Raging Barbarian’s may choose to radiate an effect similar to an antimagic field when he enters a Rage, with a caster level equal to his HD. Unlike a normal antimagic field, this effect does not suppress magic effects on him or the effects of magic items he is wearing or holding.
Blitz [Combat] You go all out and try to achieve goals in a proactive manner. Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
- +0: While charging, you may opt to lose your Dexterity Bonus to AC for one round; if you do, you inflict an extra d6 of damage if you hit.
- +1: You may go all out when attacking, adding your Base Attack Bonus to your damage, but provoking an Attack of Opportunity.
- +6: Bonus attacks made in a Full Attack for having a high BAB are made with a −2 penalty instead of a −5 penalty.
- +11: Every time you inflict damage upon an opponent with your melee attacks, you may immediately use an Intimidate attempt against that opponent as a bonus action.
- +16: You may make a Full Attack action as a Standard Action.
Dreadful Demeanor [Skill] People know you're a badass motherfvcker the instant you enter the room. Benefits: This is a skill feat that scales with your ranks in Intimidate.
- 0 ranks: You gain +3 to your Intimidate checks. Intimidate is always a class skill for you.
- 4 ranks: You can demoralize an opponent as a move action.
- 9 ranks: Opponents you've demoralized remain Shaken until they lose sight of you.
- 14 ranks: Opponents who would be Panicked because of your fear effects are Cowered instead for the duration of the effect.
- 19 ranks: Any time you confirm a critical hit in melee, your target is Cowered until they lose sight of you. This is a fear effect.
Great Fortitude [Combat] You are so tough. Your belly is like a prism. Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
- +0: You gain a +3 bonus to your Fortitude Saves.
- +1: You die at -20 instead of -10.
- +6: You gain 1 hit point per level.
- +11: You gain DR of 5/-.
- +16: You are immune to the fatigued and exhausted conditions. If you are already immune to these conditions, you gain 1 hit point per level for each condition you were already immune to.
Shieldbearer [Combat] You are the ultimate master of sword-and-board. Or, if you're feeling creative, you could try board-and-board instead. Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
- +0: You retain your shield bonus to AC when you make a shield bash attack against an opponent. You may also deal bludgeoning damage equal to normal shield spikes damage when you attack with a shield, which has a flat offensive enhancement bonus equal to the total value of the defensive enhancements placed on it (to a maximum flat enhancement of +6). Adding shield spikes now increases the damage of the shield by one size category.
- +1: You may add your shield bonus to your touch AC so long as you are not caught flat-footed. Once per round, you may also attempt to deflect an attack (including a touch attack) that targets you by making an attack roll. If your attack roll exceeds the roll of the attack against you, that attack is deflected.
- +6: By spending an attack of opportunity, you may attempt to block an attack with your shield in the same manner entailed above. When you deflect a foe's attack, you automatically have The Edge against them on your next turn regardless of your respective Base Attack Bonuses.
- +11: Any ranged touch attack that fails to hit you is automatically reflected back at its source so long as you have a shield equipped, forcing the caster/source to take damage from or save against their own effect.
- +16: As long as you have a shield equipped and are not flat-footed, you gain cover. Unlike normal cover, this cover does not allow you to make Hide checks without concealment, but it does confer the +4 bonus to Armor Class regardless of your opponent's position.
Stand Still [Combat] You can stop enemies in their tracks. Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
- +0: When a foe’s movement out of a square you threaten grants you an attack of opportunity, you can give up that attack and instead attempt to stop your foe in his tracks. Make your attack of opportunity normally. If you hit your foe, he must succeed on a Reflex save against a DC of 10 + your damage roll (the opponent does not actually take damage), or immediately halt as if he had used up his move actions for the round.
- +1: When you hit a foe with Stand Still and they fail their Reflex save, you may move them up to 5' in any direction.
- +6: Any opponent you threaten and have the Edge against that takes any sort of movement, including a 5-foot step or tumble, provokes an attack of opportunity from you. Your foes provoke this attack before leaving the area you threaten. Your opponents also cannot use the Withdraw action to treat the square they start in as no longer threatened by you.
- +11: You deal damage as though you had hit a foe normally in addition to the effects of Stand Still. Furthermore, if an enemy uses an ability with the Teleportation descriptor, you may make a Stand Still attempt against them as though they had moved within your threatened areas. If they fail the Reflex save, the ability fails and the action they used to teleport is wasted.
- +16: Whenever you hit an opponent with Stand Still and they fail their Reflex save, that foe is Stunned until the start of his next turn.
Whirlwind [Combat] You are just as dangerous to everyone around you as to anyone around you. Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
- +0: As a full round action, you may make a single attack against each opponent you can reach. Roll one attack roll and compare to each available opponent's AC individually.
- +1: You gain a +3 bonus to Balance checks.
- +6: As a full round action, you may take a regular move action and make a single attack against each opponent you can reach at any point during your movement. Roll one attack roll and compare to each available opponent's AC individually.
- +11: Until your next round after making a whirlwind attack, you may take an attack of opportunity against any opponent that enters your threatened area.
- +16: As a full round action, you take a charge action, overrunning any creature in your path, and may make a single attack against each opponent you can reach at any point during your movement. Roll one attack roll and compare to each available opponent's AC individually.
- You are never surprised nor flat-footed and always act on the first round of any combat.
- Hitting you with a melee attack is now an action which provokes an Attack of Opportunity from you. To clarify: the hit against you resolves first, and then, if you have an attack of opportunity for the round left, you may use it against the opponent who hit you.
- As an immediate action, you may gain 10 temporary HP.
- You may take a move action as an immediate action.
- Fire and Cold Resistance 10
- Dispel [Fire] and [Water] effects with a touch, BAB=Caster level for dispel check.
- Auto-succeed on a will save as an immediate action.
- Fire and Cold Immunity.
- +3 Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe.
- +1 Returning Trident
- +3 Reaction Chain.
- +3 Ice Aegis. (Note: Done as a normal-sized shield because we fucked up.)
- Amulet of Health +2.
- Belt of Giant Strength +4.
- Decanter of Endless Water
- Gloves of Dexterity +2.
- Raptor's Mask (MiC) (+5 unnamed bonus to spot, plus immunity to being blinded and dazzled)
- Spellborg (AKA, the "throw back to the demon stock")
- DWARF CANNON!!! (flight)
- RAAARGLBAAARG (+4 to strength)
- "YOU MOVE LIKE A DWARF!" (Expanded Ability: Stand Still, Tome)
- Trollbane x5 (apply to weapon, bypass regeneration for one attack) (Dungeonomicon)
- 455 gp
- +9600 xp