You are the ultimate master of sword-and-board. Or, if you're feeling creative, you could try board-and-board instead.
Benefits: This is a combat feat that scales with your Base Attack Bonus.
- +0: You retain your shield bonus to AC when you make a shield bash attack against an opponent. You may also deal bludgeoning damage equal to normal shield spikes damage when you attack with a shield, which has a flat offensive enhancement bonus equal to the total value of the defensive enhancements placed on it (to a maximum flat enhancement of +6). Adding shield spikes now increases the damage of the shield by one size category.
- +1: You may add your shield bonus to your touch AC so long as you are not caught flat-footed. Once per round, you may also attempt to deflect an attack (including a touch attack) that targets you by making an attack roll. If your attack roll exceeds the roll of the attack against you, that attack is deflected.
- +6: By spending an attack of opportunity, you may attempt to block an attack with your shield in the same manner entailed above. When you deflect a foe's attack, you automatically have The Edge against them on your next turn regardless of your respective Base Attack Bonuses.
- +11: Any ranged touch attack that fails to hit you is automatically reflected back at its source so long as you have a shield equipped, forcing the caster/source to take damage from or save against their own effect.
- +16: As long as you have a shield equipped and are not flat-footed, you gain cover. Unlike normal cover, this cover does not allow you to make Hide checks without concealment, but it does confer the +4 bonus to Armor Class regardless of your opponent's position.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Character Options → Scaling Feats
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Tome Material → Combat Feats