Ars Venatoria (3.5e Martial Discipline)
| Someone thinks this page needs a bit of help...
I have some issue, can anyone help? Check the talk page.
This template was placed here to direct user suggestions to the page. It may be removed at any time.
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Ars Venatoria is a fairly new discipline, fitted for rangers and hunters as it benefits those who have favored enemies and that max out the Survival skill. Its maneuvers revolve around following and hunting certain enemies types down before striking them with specialized techniques to deal maximum damage.
Long ago the legendary ranger heroine, the human Drugilde the Huntress of Whitewood, developed new combat techniques, after having witnessed the particular martial styles of martial adepts with which she associated during a long campaign in the East. After she returned, with more experience and knowledge of both hunting techniques and of martial maneuvers, she combined the two in perfect union to give birth to a new school of combat and hunting style: the Ars Venatoria.
She began training adepts in the wild, and composing hunting parties that travelled far and wide to teach both the aspects of her art. These students began to grow under her guidance, becoming flawless warrior and tracksman, only known as the Hunters. Thus she became known as the Mother of the Hunt, while her followers became respectable combatants and tried with her to be recognized by the Nine Disciplines. Despite their competence they were rejected, and Drugilde, now old and wizened, decided to retire. She appointed one adept as the Headhunter and left her students grieving, as she decided to return to Nature, by going into the woods, never to be seen again.
Nowadays students of the Ars Venatoria still exist, in various locations, keeping contact with one another, sometimes organized in schools, sometimes as lone rangers. Some of them still try to be recognized by other martial adepts, while the majority have abandoned this end, and prefer to hone the discipline's techniques.
Maneuvers of this discipline may be initiated using discipline ranged weapons, as if they were melee weapons.
Game Mechanics of the Ars Venatoria
Discipline Weapons: All bows, all spears, bolas, dagger, handaxe, javelin, quarterstaff, scimitar, short sword, throwing axe and two-bladed sword. - These are traditional weapons for rangers, used for ranged and close combat, especially when fighting with two weapons.
Legacy Weapon: Mater Diana and The Twins of the Hunt
Maneuver Granting Item: Venator's Bycocket
Discipline Feat: Survive the Hunt
Tactical Feat: Art of the Hunt
Special: Martial adepts of this school must have the favored enemy feature (this rule is optional).
Maneuvers of the Ars Venatoria Discipline
- To see the full, expanded description of every maneuver, click here.
- Animal Senses: Stance — Gain scent and various bonuses.
- Blurred Run: Rush — Gain concealment while moving.
- Hunter's Strike: Strike — Inflict extra damage based on your favored enemy bonus, up to +4d6.
- Pursuer Step: Counter — You move as your target does.
- Ambusher of Ruin: Stance — Transform your weapon in a bane weapon.
- Elemental Resistance: Counter — Gain energy resistance 10 as an immediate action.
- Mauling Blows: Strike — Hit two times and deal +2d6 damage.
- Mutable Hunt: Boost — Change your favored enemy bonus to another kind of creatures.
- Pinning Shot: Strike — Pin opponent with a ranged attack and deal +1d6 of extra damage.
- Expert Hunter's Strike: Strike — Inflict extra damage based on your favored enemy bonus, up to +8d6.
- Unseen Stalker: Counter — Quickly disappear to prevent an attack.
- Evasive Movement: Rush — Move after a successful Reflex save.
- Greater Elemental Resistance: Counter — Gain energy resistance 20 as an immediate action.
- Blessing of the Mother of the Hunt: Stance — Gain Mettle and a bonus on saving throws.
- Master Hunter's Strike: Strike — Inflict extra damage based on your favored enemy bonus, up to +12d6.
- Predatory Assault: Assault — Pounce at your target.
- Swarming Projectiles: Assault — Transform a ranged attack in an area attack.
- Misty Pace: Rush — Gain concealment and become untrackable.
- Pierce Defenses: Boost — You overcome damage reduction of favored enemies.
- Headhunter's Strike: Strike — Inflict extra damage based on your favored enemy bonus, up to +16d6.
- Unperceivable Hunter: Counter — Become impossible to perceive.
- Archer's Mystical Watchtower: Flourish — Elevate yourself to gain a better position.
- Pierce Superior Defenses: Boost — You overcome damage reduction of favored enemies and ignore their AC.
- Predator Senses: Stance — Gain limited blindsense and blindsight against favored enemies.
- Spirit of the Hunt: Flourish — Gain various combat bonuses and extra actions.
- Perfect Hunter's Strike: Strike — Inflict extra damage based on your favored enemy bonus, up to +20d6.
- Slay the Prey: Strike — Kill your target or incapacitate it for one round.
|Author||the bluez in the dungeon +|
|Class||Hunter + and Any (feat: Sublime Training or Martial Study) +|
|Help Wanted Reason||I have some issue, can anyone help? Check the talk page. +|
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||Ars Venatoria is a fairly new discipline, … |
Ars Venatoria is a fairly new discipline, fitted for rangers and hunters as it benefits those who have favored enemies and that max out the Survival skill. Its maneuvers revolve around following and hunting certain enemies types down before striking them with specialized techniques to deal maximum damage.ialized techniques to deal maximum damage. +
|Title||Ars Venatoria +|
|Weapon||All bows +, all spears +, bolas +, handaxe +, javelin +, dagger +, scimitar +, quarterstaff +, short sword + and throwing axe and two-bladed sword. +|