Draconian Paragon (3.5e Racial Paragon Class)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
A racial paragon class for Draconians. 3 1 Good Good Good Good Prepared Arcane Spellcasting, Spontaneous Arcane Spellcasting, Prepared Divine Spellcasting, Spontaneous Divine Spellcasting, Sneak Attack Other
A class for draconians who want to be even more dragonlike.
Making a Draconian Paragon
Draconian Paragons are a martial, dragon-flavored class.
Abilities: Constitution is important as with all classes. Pretty much anything else can be good depending on what you're trying to build.
Races: Draconian Paragon is only open to non-Aurak Draconians.
|1st||+1||+2||+2||+2||Dragon Type, Natural Weapons, Scales of the Dragon, Draconian Traits|
|2nd||+2||+3||+3||+3||Disease Immunity, Spell Resistance, Greater Draconian Traits,|
|3rd||+3||+3||+3||+3||Flight, Tail Sweep, Strength of the Dragon|
Class Skills (6 + Int modifier per level, ×4 at 1st level)
All of the following are class features of the Draconian Paragon.
Natural Weapons: A Draconian Paragon has two claw attacks and one bite attack. These are natural weapons and inflict damage normal for the creature's size (1d4 if Medium).
Draconian Traits: Starting at first level a Draconian Paragon gains access to the distinctive abilities of their race:
- Baaz Traits (Ex): Baaz Paragons have proficiency with all martial weapons as well as medium armor and shields (but not tower shields).
- Bozak Traits (Ex): Bozak Paragons have especially tough hides and gain a +2 natural armor bonus.
- Kapak Traits (Ex): Kapak Paragons have venomous saliva. This is an injury poison (1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), the Fortitude save for which is Constitution based. They can deliver it via their bite attack (taking no special action) and they can apply it to manufactured weapons by licking them. Licking a weapon in this manner takes a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity. If not used in 3 rounds the venom on a licked weapon evaporates. Once this ability has been used (either through licking or biting) it takes 10 minutes to work up enough saliva to use again.
- Sivak Traits (Su): A Sivak Draconian gains an Alternate Form of the most recent humanoid they have slain. This does not affect stats other than size but does make them look and sound identical to the humanoid they transform into, and the standard +10 to Disguise checks and removal of Disguise penalties for a different race or gender or whatnot applies. This is a supernatural ability that takes a standard action to use.
Greater Draconian Traits: A Draconian Paragon of 2nd level or more gains access to more of the distinctive abilities of their race:
- Baaz Traits (Ex): Baaz Paragons are born soldiers and get a single [Fighter] or [Combat] feat as a bonus feat. They still must meet any prerequisites. Draconian Paragon levels count as Fighter levels for purposes of meeting the prerequisites of this bonus feat.
- Bozak Traits: Bozak Paragons are natural magic users and cast spells (including gaining any new spell slots and spell knowledge) as if they had also gained a single level in a spellcasting class they had previously. If the character does not have any levels in any spellcasting classes when they take their second level of Bozak Paragon, this class feature gives them a level in Sorcerer casting.
- Kapak Traits (Ex): Kapak Paragons are stealthy combatants and gain a die of Sneak Attack as a Rogue. Levels of Kapak Paragon stack with Rogue and similar classes for purposes of overcoming Uncanny Dodge.
- Sivak Traits (Ex): Sivak Paragons are really big and have their size increase to Large, giving no stat bonuses or penalties but the usual increase in reach and weapon size and whatnot.
Tail Sweep (Ex): 3rd level Draconian Paragons get a natural tail attack (1d8 if Medium) that allows for a free trip attempt if they hit. This cannot be used in conjunction with their other natural weapons.
Strength of the Dragon (Ex): Upon achieving 3nd level, a Draconian Paragon is blessed with increased Strength and gain an Enhancement Bonus equal to 1/3 of their hit dice (rounded up) to their Strength score.
Playing a Draconian Paragon
Religion: Draconian Paragons usually worship the same gods most Draconians do.
Other Classes: Mostly however a martial class would interact with other classes.
Combat: For the first two levels you have the best HD in the game, full BAB and some other goodies. For the first two levels of D&D that's really all you need to do well in combat. By level 3 you can fly and have a bow with +3 BAB. If nothing else you can kite opponents to death.
Advancement: This is made to advance from/into Dragon Paladin and Dragon Aspirant easily. Kapak Paragons also lend themselves to being Rogues or Picaroons, and Bozak Paragons lend themselves towards gish builds.
Draconian Paragon Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (arcana) can research Draconian Paragons to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|5||Some Draconians are even more like true dragons than normal Draconians are, and are treated as dragons rather than humanoids. Their scales are like armor and they become immune to sleep and paralysis effects. They know how to use their teeth and claws in combat but also can use a handful of manufactured weapons as well as light armor.|
|10||Draconian Paragons are immune to disease and resistant to magic. They also get some special powers dependent on subrace: Baaz are skilled with a variety of weapons and armor, Kapaks are venomous and are good at sneak attacking foes, Bozaks are tough and magically inclined, and Sivaks are large and can shapeshift into humanoids they've slain.|
|15||The most powerful Draconian Paragons possess supernatural physical strength that allow them to use their wings to truly fly rather than merely glide, and utilize powerful tail sweep attacks to trip their foes in melee combat.|
|20||Information on specific Draconian Paragons in the world.|
|Article Balance||Very High +|
|Author||Darth Rabbitt +|
|Base Attack Bonus Progression||Good +|
|Class Ability||Prepared Arcane Spellcasting +, Spontaneous Arcane Spellcasting +, Prepared Divine Spellcasting +, Spontaneous Divine Spellcasting + and Sneak Attack +|
|Class Ability Progression||Other +|
|Fortitude Save Progression||Good +|
|Identifier||3.5e Racial Paragon Class +|
|Minimum Level||1 +|
|Reflex Save Progression||Good +|
|Skill||Bluff +, Climb +, Concentration +, Craft +, Diplomacy +, Disguise +, Gather Information +, Hide +, Intimidate +, Jump +, Knowledge +, Listen +, Move Silently +, Search +, Spellcraft +, Spot + and Swim +|
|Skill Points||6 +|
|Summary||A racial paragon class for Draconians. +|
|Title||Draconian Paragon +|
|Will Save Progression||Good +|