FT18 Ice Ray (3.5e Equipment)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
FT18 Ice Ray
Exotic Two-Handed Projectile
1. See Damage Increases by Size to calculate the damage for a weapon larger than Medium or smaller than Small.
2. Weight figures are for Medium weapons. A Small weapon weighs half as much, and a Large weapon weighs twice as much.
3. When two types are given, the weapon is both types if the entry specifies "and", either type (player's choice at time of attack) if the entry specifies "or", or each end of the double weapon is a different type if the entry specifies "/".
4. The hp value given is for Medium armor, weapons, and shields. Divide by 2 for each size category of the item smaller than Medium, or multiply it by 2 for each size category larger than Medium.
FT Siege: A freezing ray, which slows creatures within its effective area (20’ ray). A FT18 is fired as a(n) standard action, uses 2 FT11(s), and require a(n) full-round action to reload. A FT18 is considered a siege weapon for all effects.
- A direct hit deals 2d6 piercing damage with no save. On impact there is an explosion dealing 5d6 cold damage in a 20’ radius (Reflex DC15 for half). All explosives blown away creatures within the blast radius.
One Size Fits All: This weapon is only produced in one size. It is controlled by a thumb-trigger (much like a M2 Browning), and appropriate size for any creature from small to huge. The weapon itself is considered to be medium-sized.
Craft (Xeno-): Creatures with 11 ranks in craft (xeno-weapons) can craft a FT18.
Freezing Effect: The FT18 slows creatures in the area of its ray for 2d4 rounds (treat like slow); this can be resisted with a Fortitude save (same DC, but rolled separately). This area effect also deals 2d8 cold damage per round, for the duration of the effect. Additionally, creatures vulnerable to cold receive 2d8 extra damage.
Heavy: The total weight of this weapon (loaded) is 100 lbs. Thus it is usually fired from a tripod. However, the weapon can be broken down into four separate parts (barrel (20lbs), gun assembly (20lbs) and ammo (30lbs each). It requires one minute to take it apart or put it back together.
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Cost||10,000 gp +|
|Damage Type||Cold +|
|Hit Points||30 +|
|Identifier||3.5e Equipment +|
|Summary||A freezing ray, which slows creatures within its effective area (20’ ray). +|
|Title||FT18 Ice Ray +|