Fighter Ship (3.5e Monster)
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
|Size/Type:||Large(10x5x5/20 tons) Construct (Vehicle)||Huge(15x5x5/30 tons) Construct (Vehicle, Siege)||Gargantuan(20x10x10/40 tons) Construct (Vehicle, Siege)|
|Hit Dice:||5d12+22 (55 hp)||7d12+39 (85(+15shield) hp)||9d12+56 (115(+15shield) hp)|
|Initiative:||As Pilot||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Speed:||30', 200' fly (good)||35', 225' fly (good)||40', 250' fly (good)|
|Armor Class:||14(10base+(pilot’s Dex)-1 size+5natural), touch 9, flat-footed 14||16(10base+(pilot’s Dex)-2 size+6natural+2deflection), touch 10, flat-footed 16||18(10base+(pilot’s Dex)-4 size+10natural+2deflection), touch 8, flat-footed 18|
|Attack:||FT15 Laser||FT25 Assault System||FT25 Assault System|
|Full Attack:||FT15 Laser||FT25 Assault System||FT25 Assault System|
|Special Qualities:||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle||Construct Traits, Powerful Build, Shield, Vehicle|
|Saves:||Fort +8, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot||Fort +10, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot||Fort +12, Ref As Pilot, Will As Pilot|
|Abilities:||Str 18, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot||Str 22, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot||Str 26, Dex As Pilot, Con —, Int As Pilot, Wis As Pilot, Cha As Pilot|
|Skills:||As Pilot||As Pilot||As Pilot|
|Feats:||Far Shot||Far Shot||Far Shot|
|Organization:||squad (3-8)||squad (3-8)||squad (2-5)|
|Alignment:||True Neutral||True Neutral||True Neutral|
All numbers derived from this, except AC.
Description: A light fighter ship.
Standard Ship Features (Ex): All fighter ships possess the following features:
- Powerful Build: In many ways the fighter ship is treated as if it was one size category larger. Whenever an it is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during a grapple, bull rush, overrun or trip), the ship is treated as one size larger. The ship is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect it. The fighter can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty (although it possesses no hands to achieve this). However, its space and reach remain those of a creature of its actual size. The benefit stacks with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Sensors: A ships' sensors give its pilots a +6 competence bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks and allow it to make such checks in reaction to anything within range of the ship’s sight, regardless of direction or awareness and as long as the pilot or vehicle has line of effect. At a successful check against a creature or object, the pilot becomes immediately aware of it.
- Craft (Xeno-): Creatures with the craft (xeno-mech) skill can craft fighter ships.
- Costs: The fighter costs 6000(I), 13,000(II), 15,000(III) gp.
- Vehicle: As a vehicle, the fighter ship has no mental or Dexterity scores of its own, but takes the scores of its pilot, as well as initiative and skills. To operate the fighter ship, one must enter and close the cockpit door as a full-round action, To operate the fighter ship, one must succeed a DC10 pilot check, to start the system as a move action. Once active, it remains active until you depart. Ships may have additional abilities listed below:
|Alignment||True Neutral +|
|Author||Franken Kesey +|
|Challenge Rating||5 +, 7 + and 9 +|
|Costs||6000(I), 13,000(II), 15,000(III) +|
|Identifier||3.5e Monster +|
|Level Adjustment||— +|
|Rated By||Eiji-kun +|
|Rating||Rating Pending +|
|Size||Large(10x5x5/20 tons) +, Huge(15x5x5/30 tons) + and Gargantuan(20x10x10/40 tons) +|
|Subtype||Vehicle + and Siege +|
|Summary||A light fighter ship. +|
|Title||Fighter Ship +|