Fire Dancer (3.5e Feat)
From Dungeons and Dragons Wiki
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
- 0 ranks: As a standard action you can begin the Dance of Flame. All of the following effects only apply within 30 feet of the performer. Any mention of allies also includes the performer. At the start of each turn make a Perform (Dance) check with a DC of 20. If you fail the check, the performance ends. If you succeed it continues. You can end the dance at will. All sources of fire in the affected area begin to dance. These are Animated Flames. You can extinguish or reduce any sources of fire as a non-action.
- 4 ranks: Animated Flames spread to allies and enemies if they start their turn within 5ft of an Animated Flame or take fire damage. The Reflex saving throw DC is 10 plus your ranks in Perform (Dance). Allies affected by Animated Flames gain the benefits of the Flaming enchantment and 5 Fire Resistance. Enemies catch fire and lose 5 Fire Resistance to a minimum of 0.
- 9 ranks: While performing you gain the Fire subtype and a Warm Fire Shield with a caster level equal to your character level. Beginning the performance can be done with either a move or a standard action.
- 14 ranks: Whenever enemies in the area suffer fire damage they take an additional +1 damage per dice. If an enemy that is immune to fire is within the performance area and would prevent fire damage, make a Perform (Dance) check with a DC of 30. If successful, that enemy takes 50% Fire Damage instead of none.
- 19 ranks: Every time an enemy in the area suffers fire damage gain 1 temporary HP. The amount of temporary HP cannot exceed your total Hit Die. While in the area, enemies that are immune to fire can still catch on fire. If they leave the area the fire is immediately extinguished.
This counts as a Bardic Performance for any requirements.