Mystical Rain (3.5e Martial Discipline)
Add your own Maneuver to Dungeons & Dragons Wiki by clicking the link and following the instructions.
Rate this article |
Discuss this article
Mystical Rain is a discipline focusing on precision and the search for perfect perception. Masters of the discipline are said to be able to stop the rain around them through focus and shoot incredibly deadly arrows (Rain Shots and Perception Stance). Another key point of the style is the use of the Silver Arrows technique, a living arrow made of pure force seeking their target and even hitting them repeatably before passing out. The Mystical rain technique is all about the focus of one perception and the serenity of water. The key skill for Mystical Rain is spot. The favoured weapons are the shortbow, longbow, composite shortbow, composite longbow, light crossbow, heavy crossbow, and hand crossbow. The key ability is wisdom.
Game Mechanics of the Mystical Rain
Available To: Any
Maneuvers of the Mystical Discipline
- Perception of the Deep Wound: Boost — Each attack you make deals 1d6 extra damage, this extra damage does not apply to creatures immune to sneak attacks.
- Uninterrupted Flow: Stance — You provoke no AoO for shooting with a ranged weapon.
- Vapor Trail: Strike [Water] — You make a single ranged attack, no matter the result of the attack, a trail of fog follows the arrow.
- Water Blessing: Stance — You may walk on water (or other liquid surface), can breath underwater and take no penalties for making ranged attacks underwater.
- Wave Shot: Strike [Water] — You can make a single ranged attack, if this attack hits, you may make a free bullrush check (does not provoke AoO) equal to your attack roll. Your size category does not affect this bull-rush check.
- Deep Water Bite: Boost [Water] — Add 2d6 cold damage to all your ranged attacks
- Gentle Mist Shot: Strike — Deal 4d6 extra nonlethal damage. If a creature is reduced to 0 HP or lower by this attack, the creature becomes the center of effect to an obscuring mist spell.
- Vengeful Flow: Counter [Water] — Whenever you are hit by a ranged attack, you can make a free attack against the attacker at your highest attack bonus. If the attack succeeds, it does an extra 1d6 damage.
- From One Ocean to Another: Boost — You may attack up to your maximum range without range penalties to attack rolls.
- Perception Slow: Stance — You slow your perception, allowing you to double your range and gain a +5 bonus to spot.
- Rain Shot: Strike [Water] — You make two ranged attack rolls against a target. If only one hits, it is a normal attack. If both attack rolls hit, your target takes an extra 4d6 damage and is stunned until the start of its next round.
- Dancing Snowflake Serenity: Counter — You may use your attack bonus instead of a will or reflex save.
- Greater Wave Shot: Strike [Water] — As wave strike, except that you are considered huge for the purpose of the bullrush and the target may fall prone.
- Secret Silver Arrow: Strike [Water] — You may make one ranged attack. This attack ignores all concealment and cover as well as dealing force damage.
- Sacred Silver Arrow: Strike [Good Water Light X-Discipline] — Stun an evil creature and negate its defenses.
- Searing Brass: Boost [X-Discipline] — Gain the benefits of the Combat Reflexes, Improved Combat Reflexes, Punishment Combat Reflexes, and Super Snipe feats for 1 round.
- Tsunami Shooter: Rush, Strike [Water] — Shoot and run simultaneously.
|Identifier||3.5e Martial Discipline +|
|Summary||Mystical Rain is a discipline focusing on … |
Mystical Rain is a discipline focusing on precision and the search for perfect perception. Masters of the discipline are said to be able to stop the rain around them through focus and shoot incredibly deadly arrows (Rain Shots and Perception Stance). Another key point of the style is the use of the Silver Arrows technique, a living arrow made of pure force seeking their target and even hitting them repeatably before passing out. The Mystical rain technique is all about the focus of one perception and the serenity of water.one perception and the serenity of water. +
|Title||Mystical Rain +|
|Weapon||shortbow +, longbow +, composite shortbow +, composite longbow +, light crossbow +, heavy crossbow + and hand crossbow +|